Am I The Only One Who Did Not Like Worf In Deep Space Nine ?????

As Shatner said, GET A LIFE!

I get you are rather fragile and uptight but I suggest that you don't judge others who are not

If you think what Avery said was, Gasp, tasteless, God forbid you ever heard what came out of Marinas mouth as I have, your little mind would have been blown out of your head! :lol

I have a life... and I have kissed a girl. I have a wife and children, and two dogs and a career. And thank you very much for your personal insults. You know, it's rather sad that you make the attempt, inadequate as it is, to compare a privileged, aging Hollywood actor, who should know better than boasting about playing with himself in public, to those young men and women who according to the law are barely old enough to drink but not old enough to lay down their lives for their country. These real heroes--not a phony one from a poorly rated TV show--these young people have every right to cope in the way they sometimes do. What's Avery's excuse, a frustrated TV career? You can get all defensive and personally insult me over what worthy cause? Would you want your young son or daughter hearing that kind of garbage from one of their TV heroes at a live event? No matter how crude or un-prudish you think you are, the answer is no, of course not! So, you can continue to make excuses for bad behavior, with a wave of your hand and an insult on your lips, but ultimately that does reflect on you. Yes, my friend, use your brain. Is that comment from Avery worthy of defending? Really? It was tasteless and unnecessary, and that's not what fans go the convention to hear. It was a moment of mindlessness at best. Probably Avery did not want to be there, and he shouldn't have been.

Last edited:
This is the second time I have seen this dude bring up the troops completely out of left Field . and I must have missed all those insults that were hurled ? ? The Shatner quote was jokingly cast towards ALL Star trek fans Originally by the Shat ( uh oh highly offensive again )and I am sure was also used kiddingly here as well . having Shatner as your avatar and posting on a Trek forum I'm sure he supposed you might know that. At least you are living up to your name . Proper I guess so !

Last edited:
I think he mistook "Marina's" for "Marines." :)
Yeah but just a few days ago we were talking about costuming at movies and why can people wear crazy stuff at football . and he went off about the troops are heroes and smug judging and I had no right . admitingly I said who cares about football instead of who cares about costuming at football games on accident but he took one short sentence, which if the entire post is read you can tell exactly what I ment . all which have nothing to do with the military. I am beginning to think he " misunderstands " on purpose . (*) and im tired of him bringing it up every ten seconds especially to tell people the military fights for freedom then tell them they don't have the freedom to there own opinion .

And to bring it back on topic I don't think Worf would like it either.

(* personal info edited out because it is none of his damn business !)

Last edited:
My own personal head canon is that once Q got knocked on his ass, he realized that Sisko was half-Prophet and decided to not kick that hornet's nest again.

That's pretty interesting, because I wonder, in the DSN Tech Manual, the Q, T'Kon Empire, Prophets and the Cytherians are on the Weibrand Scale of Uninfluenced Races they are on the 100, while the Federation is on 21, while a pre Warp race is 1. The Cytherians shown in TNG could have helped the Federation with the Dominion War... why didn't they?

Seriously step away from the Mouse! :lol

So now your tangent brings up our Armed Forces, oh and by the way I AM a veteran! :lol

I sure hope as posted by another member that you misread my post because if not :wacko

Bottom line you did'nt like Averys joke, ok we KNOW, GET OVER IT, no one cares. :rolleyes

I have a life... and I have kissed a girl. I have a wife and children, and two dogs and a career. And thank you very much for your personal insults. You know, it's rather sad that you make the attempt, inadequate as it is, to compare a privileged, aging Hollywood actor, who should know better than boasting about playing with himself in public, to those young men and women who according to the law are barely old enough to drink but not old enough to lay down their lives for their country. These real heroes--not a phony one from a poorly rated TV show--these young people have every right to cope in the way they sometimes do. What's Avery's excuse, a frustrated TV career? You can get all defensive and personally insult me over what worthy cause? Would you want your young son or daughter hearing that kind of garbage from one of their TV heroes at a live event? No matter how crude or un-prudish you think you are, the answer is no, of course not! So, you can continue to make excuses for bad behavior, with a wave of your hand and an insult on your lips, but ultimately that does reflect on you. Yes, my friend, use your brain. Is that comment from Avery worthy of defending? Really? It was tasteless and unnecessary, and that's not what fans go the convention to hear. It was a moment of mindlessness at best. Probably Avery did not want to be there, and he shouldn't have been.

Seriously step away from the Mouse! :lol

So now your tangent brings up our Armed Forces, oh and by the way I AM a veteran! :lol

I sure hope as posted by another member that you misread my post because if not :wacko

Bottom line you did'nt like Averys joke, ok we KNOW, GET OVER IT, no one cares. :rolleyes

Shatner and Nimoy have too much class to tell such a thing to an audience--an audience that includes minors. But Avery evidently is not a class act, now is he? And the fact that you approve of said Avery-behavior, and even promote his colorful "joke," is of no surprise by now and tells a lot.

Stop being foolish, now I KNOW you are just trolling and posting nonsensical rants that have NOTHING to do with what I posted. :lol

Show me where I compared Avery to our Armed Forces members? :wacko

As far as Shatner goes, he has shown utter contempt for the Trek fans back in the early days as I witnessed it my self personally.

Shatner and Nimoy have too much class to tell such a thing to an audience--an audience that includes minors. But Avery evidently is not a class act, now is he? And the fact that you approve of said Avery-behavior, and even promote his colorful "joke," is of no surprise by now and tells a lot.

Just to be clear, we do realize the joke is a double entendre regarding him playing with the lifesize cutout of himself... Right?

Pretty tame really. I wouldn't care if my kids heard that.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Just to be clear, we do realize the joke is a double entendre regarding him playing with the lifesize cutout of himself... Right?

Pretty tame really. I wouldn't care if my kids heard that.

No, I was NOT aware of that. I was not there and I didn't see that mentioned in any post. Maybe I missed it, maybe it was not specified.

Avery just likes being silly and mess with peoples minds, he is out there sometime though.

At a Con in the 90's I was talking with him at our Table in the dealers room and there was a life size standee of Sysko nearby which he proceded to play with like a ventriloquist doll.

When he got up to onstage and was answering questions somebody asked him what had being on star trek done for him, and without missing a beat said I can play with myself in public and not get arrested! Flmao! :lol

;)

Why don't the 2 of you take this to the PMs, or get a room, or go to timeout or just plain SHUT UP before this thread gets locked. Seriously, trade private messages or email. As Worf Said to Riker - "BEGONE...Sir."

as a wise old country doctor once said, 'I would pay real money if he would shut up!" :Dl

Why don't the 2 of you take this to the PMs, or get a room, or go to timeout or just plain SHUT UP before this thread gets locked. Seriously, trade private messages or email. As Worf Said to Riker - "BEGONE...Sir."

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back