Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Well, it took a longtime to get here in many ways, but we've just had the first episode aired in the UK and WHAT an improvement!!! Great openning, followed by a very smooth and interesting reintroduction of the main characters and ,for once, a solid superhuman bad guy!!!! It was those linking touches to the films that made this possibly the best of the entire series so far, and it had a grittier and harder feel to it than the last series. Wards appearance as an unnervingly slightly insane nutcase is a big improvement and Hydra is the gift that keeps on giving!!! Really enjoyed this.

Very true on the sibling thing; unless it was some sort of manipulation on his part, though that would imply that there be a reason for Skye to be more important to him than Raina. I know it's always said that parents do have one favorite child (no matter what they say!), but that would be taking it to a whole different level...and maybe a little too literal.

I like the idea of them being cousins, as you suggest. More along the lines of the two of them having a portion of alien DNA rather than being in disguise, though.

I just thought Raina was looking for anyone who has special powers and is latching onto anyone that might help her. I didn't think she was related to that guy in any way.

Decided to give the show another chance given the changes resulting from CA:TWS.
Much better now.
I need to back track into last season where it started building to that.

So is the alien writing Skrull script and the obolisk can can tell when a Skrull is touching it?
Is Coulson actually a Skrull?
Or am I way over stretching?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Decided to give the show another chance given the changes resulting from CA:TWS.
Much better now.
I need to back track into last season where it started building to that.

So is the alien writing Skrull script and the obolisk can can tell when a Skrull is touching it?
Is Coulson actually a Skrull?
Or am I way over stretching?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anything it would be Kree. Don't believe it can be Skrull since they're connected to the FF franchise.

It might not even be that, though. In the last episode, Skye said they're actually a map.

The show's improved but some things still bother me a bit.
Hydra seems too easy to infiltrate and security seems too laxed.
Should I accept that Fitz gets in on her credentials and potential value? She acts way too nervous and makes comments that should raise suspicions (e.g. "But that could kill billions...").
I want to like this show so much.

Should I accept that Fitz gets in on her credentials and potential value? She acts way too nervous and makes comments that should raise suspicions (e.g. "But that could kill billions...").

I assume you're talking about Simmons, because Fitz is a dude.

As to the question about security, in the wake of TWS, Hydra was more interested in swelling their numbers by recruiting everyone they could. Now that they have time, they can really go to town on clearing their ranks of bad seeds. I look at it like they are hiring a lot of contract workers and seeing who really has what it takes to be made a permanent employee.

Except that Fitz is the Scottish guy and Simmons said, "Do you understand what this means? We could kill millions of people, perhaps even billions". It wasn't said with horror but with amazement.

They know Simmons isn't pure Hydra, I'd be more concern with how Bobbi Morse got in and up to such a high level of security.

Hydra is going through a same re-building as SHIELD, the end of WS showed them rounding up Hydra agents as well as SHIELDs. So I would assume they are recruiting anyone that comes their way from SHIELD and then getting rid of traitors since either way serves their ends.

I assume you're talking about Simmons, because Fitz is a dude.

As to the question about security, in the wake of TWS, Hydra was more interested in swelling their numbers by recruiting everyone they could. Now that they have time, they can really go to town on clearing their ranks of bad seeds. I look at it like they are hiring a lot of contract workers and seeing who really has what it takes to be made a permanent employee.

Except that Fitz is the Scottish guy and Simmons said, "Do you understand what this means? We could kill millions of people, perhaps even billions". It wasn't said with horror but with amazement.

They know Simmons isn't pure Hydra, I'd be more concern with how Bobbi Morse got in and up to such a high level of security.
yeah. I meant the female.

Hydra is going through a same re-building as SHIELD, the end of WS showed them rounding up Hydra agents as well as SHIELDs. So I would assume they are recruiting anyone that comes their way from SHIELD and then getting rid of traitors since either way serves their ends.
this is as good as any explanation that can help me suspend disbelief.

I really hope Ward stays "bad." It's more interesting that way.

The only thing that giving me "WTF" vibes is the gigantic office headquarters Hydra has, complete with emblems all over the walls. Did they become an official business entity at some point and I just missed it?

The only thing that giving me "WTF" vibes is the gigantic office headquarters Hydra has, complete with emblems all over the walls. Did they become an official business entity at some point and I just missed it?

Yeah, you'd think that they'd be a little more subtle about it considering that they're still what amounts to a terrorist organization. Then again, I'd imagine that the public doesn't exactly get to come in and take tours and I trust that they don't have any Hydra logos on the front of the building or anywhere inside the lobby.

I did laugh out loud when Trip radioed that they were leaving Hydra airspace

I'm also interested in the HYDRA base. Is it even in the US? Most everyone there seemed American. Is the building disguised as some sort of office building or something? I'm sure that HYDRA logo is probably not on a sign on the outside of the building. Being a terrorist organization I would think it would all be set up as some kind of dummy corporation with the real stuff hidden underground or something.

If Ward is soooooo dangerous that he required a state of the art holding cell and a team of heavily armed guards and and an armored vehicle to transport him, WHY, OH WHY was he only handcuffed from the front?!?!?! You would think he would be restrained like Hannibal Lecter or Garland Greene.

You know, like this (some NSFW language):

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back