Star Trek Continues

Then sally forth!
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/star-trek-continues#/

Closed Captioning is available on the online videos, IIRC.

Thanks, Treadwell...that's a great help! Although I just put the Closed Captioning on for one of the passages I wanted to make sure I was hearing correctly, and the captioning had an error in it. Apollo precisely delivered the correct line, in quoting Romeo & Juliet, but the captioning was imprecise.

I've now seen all the episodes once, except for Pilgrim of Eternity and Lolani, which I've seen twice. I love all five episodes, but Pilgrim of Eternity is my favorite, at this point.

The Wook

Another hour of quality Star Trek from the 'Continues' -crew, Yess! :-D

I enjoyed the episode, got me back in the vibe that TOS and TNG always had for me, when I saw each episode for the first time, without knowing what to expect.
I really like Vic Mignona's Kirk... he looks the part and just 'feels' right. Great they got Gigi Edgley to guest -star there. Also, love the practical Rock-Alien design and suit!

Damn, I hope the post-Axanar effect of future guidelines for fanmade episodes will not damage or hinder STC too badly.

What a shame that this show can't continue (huh-huh) further; this really did feel like it fit in with the canon of TOS. I was really hoping you fine folks were going to do something like 12 ep per season to wrap up the 5 year mission but what's been produced so far, and what remainder coming up, is still quite an accomplishment.

Really liked it, classic Trek feel, with a powerful moral. It had excitement, humour, good character-building moments but it also makes you think. Two thumbs up.(y)thumbsup

Tangentially related... but does anyone else think the TOS Universal Translator would make a good base for a lightsaber? I once started to create a saber soundfont using Trek sounds (from, Starfleet Academy 2 and Legacy, I think) and the tractor beam (start, hum and end) was a good starting point.

Just caught the latest, Embracing the Winds, and, again, top notch stuff. But, for anyone who saw it or may be savvy to some more info, was it just me that felt the wrap up with the Hood through-line was left wanting? Is it supposed to be wrapped up like that or is it supposed to linger into the next episodes? The slight hinting at something sinister towards the end of the show seems too intentional to have it just end there.

Just caught the latest, Embracing the Winds, and, again, top notch stuff. But, for anyone who saw it or may be savvy to some more info, was it just me that felt the wrap up with the Hood through-line was left wanting? Is it supposed to be wrapped up like that or is it supposed to linger into the next episodes? The slight hinting at something sinister towards the end of the show seems too intentional to have it just end there.

I think it was just a line to wrap the plot up, since that wasn't the main focus of the episode.

I thought this was a really good episode. It did a nice job of addressing the inequality present in TOS while sticking to the canon, without feeling contrived and convoluted like Enterprise did (especially in S4). Dealing with a current social issue within the context of the future setting was classic Trek.

It was more than the line though; it was the reaction that Scotty, Uhura, and Chekov had on top of the ominous music keys when they talked about it.

I hope they don't leave the Hood plotline dangling, what with the 'anomaly' and 'distortion' I kept thinking: "When is someone going to suggest Romulans?"
Using the Tellarites chauvinism as a way to ret-con the issue of female captains was good, even if the Garret reference was a little heavy handed. Nice to see Erin Gray, too.
Only complaint: I kept noticing Todd's (overly green) Vulcan makeup only went half-way down his neck, leaving a distracting pink high-tide mark.

Another stellar episode! It never ceases to amaze me how spot-on Mignogna has been with his series.

I also got the hint of a continued investigation of what exactly happened to the Hood...I mean, it would make sense if they continued this story into another episode. I also loved seeing Erin Gray; she made a wonderful Admiral. And I really love how Marina Sirtis has taken over 'the voice' of the computer from Majel Barrett...it really lends a feel of stability to the series.

Hey Treadwell, or anyone else connected with this show:
Are there any plans to release these on DVD some day?
Because I want them.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honoring existing DVD perks to backers has happened, but I think there will be no further offers of them since the guidelines came out.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back