Star Trek TNG / Painting in Picard's Ready Room

CJP

Does anyone have any good clear photos of the painting that was on the wall of Picard's 1701-D Ready Room?

I have the large lithograph that was released in '92, as well as the 17.25" x 24" mini-poster and the print offered by Andy Probert, but they are all cropped to different degrees.

I'm looking for a good uncropped image of the painting as it appeared in the series, or any photographs taken on set. Can anyone help out?

Thanks,

Chris

readyroom.jpg

Unfortunately, the resolution of TNG interactive Technical Manual and The Captain's Chair are both too low to be helpful.

Chris

Hey thanks a lot for posting this... was wondering myself. Can't argue with prints from the original artist... but I can't help but still want a 1:1.

The captain's painting was made by Rick Sternbach and Andrew Probert.

You can buy a print over at Probert's personal website
As I mentioned in my first post, I have a print from Andy, but it is cropped the same as the lithograph.

The lithos have either shifted WAY into the red spectrum over the years, or they were poorly color balanced to begin with. With Andy's print, even though it's cropped, he has done a great job color correcting his prints back to what the original painting's colors were.

I do recommend Andy's prints for anyone tat is interested, but I'm still looking for some uncropped imagery of the oiginal painting.

Chris

I really want a poster size image or a really large printable resolution of this image and get a frame for my room. Any ideas? This is the largest and clearest I could find.
tumblr_l450y6GW1x1qbw2c0o1_1280.jpg

Necro thread!

Anyone know of if a current source for these paintings from the original source since the old links are dead? His new site doesn't seem to have a store.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back