New Star Trek TOS Phaser coming November 2014

gee with all this canceling orders from st.com and getting them from tg.com , I am gonna say that st.com may have to put a sale on the overstock :p

Thanks for the code redshirt :D , may just go there and get a couple more myself :ninja

Thanks!

I missed a few things though, such as you can adjust the volume on the sound effects. And I didn't deal with the remote control functions at all.

k

Got mine today

In short im blown away. Not only is it a fantastic replica, I now can control all TVs in my house !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's explained in the instructions. :D

The p1 is set on whatever sound you had it on when you removed it from the pistol. It can do all the sounds, but you have to set it up on the pistol first.

k

So basically all the sound electronics are in the P1, correct? And the P2 merely selects which sound to play via those gold contacts in the P2 cradle. Hence why when you remove the P1, it looses what controls which sound to play. Hence also why all the speaker holes are in the P1.

Here's where I'm at with the buffing
polished.jpg

I'd be very careful using a dremel to polish. The wheel is so small and it spins so fast that you are more likely to burn through the plateing.

I'm still waiting for mine to come in. Both the one from ST.com ordered in August and the one from Think geek ordered last week are due the same day, Saturday. I've got some jeweler's buffing wheels and polish. Will give them a try.

Very fine steel wool and a liquid metal polish I had on hand. And a lot of buffing! Buff, wipe off, repeat, rinse lol. :) (It still looks like there are areas that the wool isn't touching, so I'm gonna go back over it again after Thanksgiving.
The inside of the nozzle (around the clear emitter) already has a shine to it. The inside ridge I have not attempted.
The narrow strip between the back of the nozzle and the front of the phaser 2 I haven't touched yet. I was gonna ask for suggestions on how to actually reach it. It's very narrow and recessed. I don't know how to reach it with the steel wool.
Thanks for the compliments.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back