Avengers: Age of Ultron (Pre-release)

I don't think Ultron wants to be a real boy. Also, John Williams did Pinnochio's "Wish Upon a Star" in Close Encounters of the Third Kind, so what's wrong with using music from Pinocchio at all?

It was a joke, Jeyl. Disney owns Marvel? Disney did "Pinnochio", in which the song "I've Got No Strings"? Never mind, I've been told I have a dry sense of humor.

http://screenrant.com/avengers-2-age-ultron-trailer-footage-agents-shield/

"Following this week’s big debut of the trailer to Joss Whedon’s much-anticipated Avengers: Age of Ultron…Marvel Studios has revealed that this week’s “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” will offer even more footage from the May 1, 2015 release! Then, on Tuesday, November 4, ABC will air the special “Marvel 75 Years: From Pulp to Pop!” and offer even more Avengers: Age of Ultron goodness. Look for both to air on ABC at 9:00pm ET/PT on October 28 and November 4, respectively."

Thor's hammer lifting scene was wonderful and hilarious. It includes my favourite moment from the SDCC footage, as I screamed and cheered for Cap in Hall H. I hope they air that scene.

That is the most likely scene they'll show. It's visually ready, since it's already been screened. Also since the trailer was pushed up a week, they don't have to scramble to get something else ready for air.

I have a feeling there's going to be characters in here that haven't been announced, especially if they're in Black Panther's territory.

I was speculating with a friend, with the many international scenes shown, maybe they'll show Ultron drones attacking Wakanda, and the end credit scene is Black Panther confronting the Avengers at the tower

Actually, that was the best option for a song they could have gotten. Having those ties to Disney just made it a LOT easier to get the rights.

I remember an episode of Once Upon a Time in Wonderland where the Red Queen made reference to a punishment that was "a beast that slowly digested you over the course of a thousand years." If Disney hadn't bought Star Wars, do you think they could have used that reference to the Sarlaac?

Yes. Plenty of people have made stars wars quotes over the years. SG-1 seemed to make them either vocally or visually on a regular basis. Don't see any issue. It was a tip of the hat so to speak. Not the kind of thing you see owners coming down on in the first place. If they were going to place a Sarlacc in Storybrooke, that'd be an issue.

And as a random thought....we've had frankenstein in Storybrooke, why not Luke :)

Well, there's a difference between a pop culture reference in a show and flat out saying that something really exists and then naming it.

http://www.geekwithcurves.com/2013/10/once-upon-time-in-wonderland-mentions.html

It's the same thing as having a character making a joke about "these are not the droids you are looking for" versus using actual Force powers.

And I don't see how it would be that big of an issue to have Star Wars stuff show up on OUAT, considering that Disney owns Star Wars now.

The only two lines of dialogue were by Iron man and Black widow. We know that Tony isn't going to die because he is going to be in Capt. 3 for Civil War. I think the line nothing lasts forever is more directed towards them as a whole. The Avengers. It's obvious that Banner can't control it anymore, Thor is ticked at Stark, Capt. gets his A handed to him and cracks the shield. I'm guessing this is all leading towards the Civil War and branching off to new characters. My thoughts.

That added scene is pretty cool, adding some humor, Thor's face was CLASSIC! He lost his cockiness and was probably thinking "this petty and tiny person can wield Mjolnir!?"

As in the comics Cap is one of the few who indeed can lift Thor's Mjolnir, due to his nobility. It is hinted in the movie, but hopefully will be addressed more in the future.

They're certainly going to do something with that. Probably Cap defeating Ultron with Mjolnir. They wouldn't dedicate an entire scene to reminding the audience on how Mjolnir works without good reason.

Yeah I want them to expand on that, but at the same time I think it might dampen Thor's position of power little too soon.

I wouldn't mind if they let Cap use the Mjolnir during Infinity War instead. But as you mentioned it very well might get implemented by the end of this movie. If not, it will still remain as a pivotal moment during a good lighthearted scene without a major follow up.

If not Ultron, then they are definitely saving it for Thanos.

As a comics and film fanatic, I of course know how mew-mew works without a reminder. However the Avengers films are setup so that you don't have to watch the preceding 9 films to understand what is going on. So while I can definitely see them saving the "Cap picks up Mjolnir" moment for Thanos, I feel like it's more likely to be in AoU because they're reminding us about it now.

But time will tell.

I don't know why I don't simply mail Marvel my bank account info so they can automatically debit me. There's not even a whisper of a chance I'm missing any of the movies they have planned for the next several years. Even if they get bad, I'll keep going in hopes the next one will reclaim its former glory. But right now with Dark World, Avengers, Winter Soldier, and GotG they're just going up up up as far as this nerd is concerned.

In that leaked clip where Tony and Cap are maybe hiding out off the grid and arguing, you'll hear them say...
Stark - "We don't know what the Maximoff kid showed Thor."
Cap - "We don't know what she showed you, but it made you do something stupid."

I think some of the scenes we've been shown are the work of Scarlet Witch and they're intentionally shown to throw us off. She shows them either their future or a point in their past and screws up the Avengers.

My favourite moment is the look on Thor's face when he realizes someone else is also likely worthy.

As in the comics Cap is one of the few who indeed can lift Thor's Mjolnir, due to his nobility. It is hinted in the movie, but hopefully will be addressed more in the future.

I'm pretty inclined to believe that's just setting up to be an eventual HUGE emotional pay off for us, as an audience. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back