My non-Star Wars props & projects: 21 August 2020 - Hoverboard new magnets.

Re: My non-Star Wars props & projects: 3 Sept - Evil Dead II Kandarian Dagger finishe

Awesome work. This is definitely something I want to add to my own collection. I've had a Visible Man kit that I picked up at a charity shop sitting in the cupboard for years.

Couple of questions, having not researched it myself yet:

The bookofthedead website indicates that the ED1 and ED2 hilts were the same, with just the blades being different. Would you agree?
The bookofthedead website also has that he needed to use 2 Visible Man kits, whereas you have only used one. Is yours more accurate (I know you do a LOT of research) - it looks a lot less cluttered/less bones than the websites version (though theirs is ED1 and you've only shown your completed ED2, but aren't they both the same?).
Where did you get the blade laser cut? Was it online or a local company?

Last edited:
Re: My non-Star Wars props & projects: 3 Sept - Evil Dead II Kandarian Dagger finishe

The ED2 hilts were cast from the original so the bones should mostly be identical. I can only see differences round the top area. My completed ED2 hilt is definitely not as accurate as I would like it to be as it's mostly the Lemarchand resin kit which is missing several bones including the other halves of the femurs on the sides, and a bunch around the rib cage. I couldn't find any pictures clearly showing the back of the hilt so I'm undecided as to what the complete 'spine' of the hilt looks like.

The blade was cut at a local company for me by another member using my vector drawing.

I can only spot one piece that seems to be used twice. It's the top of the spine and it appears above the skull and at the front above the blade on the ED1 version only.
spine1.jpg

spine2.jpg

Rob at bookofthedead.ws definitely added some bones that shouldn't be there but he wanted a more 'full' look.

Awesome work. This is definitely something I want to add to my own collection. I've had a Visible Man kit that I picked up at a charity shop sitting in the cupboard for years.

The bookofthedead website indicates that the ED1 and ED2 hilts were the same, with just the blades being different. Would you agree?
The bookofthedead website also has that he needed to use 2 Visible Man kits, whereas you have only used one. Is yours more accurate (I know you do a LOT of research) - it looks a lot less cluttered/less bones than the websites version (though theirs is ED1 and you've only shown your completed ED2, but aren't they both the same?).

Thanks, good info. :thumbsup

Any chance of posting your vector for the blade or hooking me up with one? Would like to take a crack at this myself.

Looking forward to seeing more progress on the ED1 dagger. You kinda forget how big these things are until you see it being held in a screencap!

My non-Star Wars props & projects: 9 Sept - Evil Dead 1 Kandarian Dagger progress

Making progress with the Evil Dead 1 version but it's slow work. After tearing four chickens apart I still don't have all the correct bones I need. Starting to wonder if the bone at the front of the handle is from a turkey. Also, not sure how well this will hold together since I've been adding the Celluclay in layers and it's difficult to get the layers to really stick together.

kandagger23.jpg

kandagger24.jpg

kandagger26.jpg

kandagger25.jpg

These are pictures of Tom Sullivan holding a replica that was cast from the Evil Dead 2 original. The spikes look more like teeth than bones to me. I see incisors and canines.
kandagger22.jpg

Re: My non-Star Wars props & projects: 9 Sept - Evil Dead 1 Kandarian Dagger progress

I agree that those DO look flat like teeth in those pics. These also look like teeth to me:

mwPh2th.jpg

Ax95Bi4.jpg

85JWgXE.jpg

Re: My non-Star Wars props & projects: 9 Sept - Evil Dead 1 Kandarian Dagger progress

Looks like 3 x small molars and 3 x incisors on the right side.

My non-Star Wars props & projects: 20 Sept - Blade Runner PKD and Kandarian Dagger

Finally getting round to reworking my PKD with new parts. On the left the old parts, on the right the new parts.
deckblaster1.jpg

I did also get a new receiver because the old one had some pitting, but the new one was much worse (even though I had been promised a good one - otherwise I wouldn't have bothered) so I'm sticking with the old one.
deckblaster2.jpg

Besides, I really don't want to have to go through all this filling/filing/reshaping again.
deckblaster3.jpg

The new ammo housing was seriously defective so again I'm sticking with my old one.
deckblaster4.jpg

The ammo magazine wasn't a match for the housing so that was fixed.
deckblaster5.jpg

deckblaster6.jpg

Also got real grip screws and some other parts this time.
deckblaster7.jpg

Ammo magazine ready for paint. I converted my old one into the switchless version.
deckblaster8.jpg

Kandarian Dagger form Evil Dead 1. Had to buy another Visibile Man kit because I screwed up the spine part trying to bend it into the correct shape. Howlrunner's idea of using a soldering iron worked perfectly and I got it to bend 90°.
kdagger27.jpg

kdagger28.jpg

Bought my fourth chicken and I think I'm finally ready to roll!
kdagger29.jpg

Re: My non-Star Wars props & projects: 20 Sept - Blade Runner PKD and Kandarian Dagge

A couple of other things I'm working on.
matrixbugs1.jpg

kidnostromo4.jpg

Re: My non-Star Wars props & projects: 20 Sept - Blade Runner PKD and Kandarian Dagge

Wow, you've been busy. Outstanding work my friend:cool

My non-Star Wars props & projects: 22 Sept - T800 Fuel Cell

Thanks Jo. Been lazy for a while and now trying to get a few things done!

Finally finished my Brundlefly T800 Fuel Cell. This was just the empty chrome shell with clear cover (I'm a cheap skate) so I had to draw the graphics for the circuit boards, get them etched and add electronics. Thanks to the guys that helped me with this!

fuel%20cell1.jpg

fuel%20cell2.jpg

The electronics came from a cheap keychain toy.
fuel%20cell3.jpg

fuel%20cell6.jpg

fuel%20cell7.jpg

Also had to scratch build the missing front greeblie and get it chromed.
fuel%20cell8.jpg

fuel%20cell11.jpg

fuel%20cell12.jpg

fuel%20cell13.jpg

Video in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF3uXV_Gaug

Re: My non-Star Wars props & projects: 22 Sept - T800 Fuel Cell and Pulp Fiction Colt

LOVE your Nostromo blaster!! GREAT job

My non-Star Wars props & projects: 28 Sept - Nostromo laser pistol (child version)

More work on the mini laser pistol from Alien. The clear scope tip was cut from acrylic rod and filed/sanded/polished in my drill press.
kidnostromo2.jpg

kidnostromo3.jpg

Large hex bolt turned to a point for me by Sidewinder.
kidnostromo6.jpg

Scope cobbled together from parts as close to the original as I could get it. The rear bell will be 3D printed.
kidnostromo9.jpg

kidnostromo10.jpg

Thanks to Andy19422 for other metal machining work and Tomm1999 for CNC cutting the plywood :)
kidnostromo11.jpg

My non-Star Wars props & projects: 30 Sept - Deckard PKD, a little more progress.

More work on the Deckard gun. Some test fitting then cleaned up a few parts to see how they'd look. I must try to remove more of the pitting and some will require filling as it's just too deep to remove by filing/sanding.
deckblaster9.jpg

deckblaster10.jpg

deckblaster13.jpg

deckblaster11.jpg

deckblaster12.jpg

Re: My non-Star Wars props & projects: 30 Sept - Deckard PKD progress.

Wow great builds marcus...I wish I had your motivation to finish all my kits also.:):thumbsup

Re: My non-Star Wars props & projects: 30 Sept - Deckard PKD progress.

Excellent job; love the way those grips are hugging the steel part of your gun: perfect!

My non-Star Wars props & projects: 3 October - Kandarian dagger bones

Thanks guys.

More bone work. Trying to match as well as I can but had to employ creative license with the back. Had to settle for bones instead of teeth as I couldn't find any good enough.
kandagger27.jpg

kandagger31.jpg

kandagger29.jpg

kandagger30.jpg

Last edited:
My non-Star Wars props & projects: 11 October - Blade Runner PKD

I've got all the polishing done. I was extremely disappointed with Dremel polishing compound and both the cotton wheels and felt tips. Both seemed to make thousands of very fine scratches and the finish was dull. I got a million times better results using my 14 year old tube of Peak metal polish and cloths plus it's much quicker.

Steel barrel and post blued with Perma Blue.
deckblaster14.jpg

Cylinder and front cap darkened with pewter/lead Black. Trigger guard is untreated.
deckblaster15.jpg

Gloss black on the side covers.
deckblaster16.jpg

deckblaster17.jpg

deckblaster18.jpg

I just attempted to darken the Steyr receiver and it's just not working. For some reason there are patches that will not darken and I have no idea why. If it had been the areas I repaired with different metals I would understand but it isn't.

Re: My non-Star Wars props & projects: 11 October - Blade Runner PKD

An incredible amount of work getting rid of the imperfections..

High regards
MARK

Re: My non-Star Wars props & projects: 11 October - Blade Runner PKD

Thanks Mark.

I may have to leave the upper Steyr receiver parts silver as there seems to be something wrong with the metal. Too many patches will not darken as though there are layers of different metals. It seems to be the outer most layer that darkens but if too much of it has been removed then the exposed layer underneath will not. Very disappointing.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back