Kurtyboy's project updates: 24 July - More blasters

Project updates 3 July - Vader ANH lightsaber 'V2'.

Thanks. Trying to catch up with a few things.
Waouw, I really like your collection and all the work put into it !

Also got this one done this weekend. The Vader ANH 'V2' lightsaber. I always thought the 'bubbles' looked strange on this one!
vaderanhv26.jpg

vaderanhv27.jpg

vaderanhv28.jpg

vaderanhv29.jpg

Together with the V1.
vaderanhv210.jpg

Re: Project updates 3 July - Vader ANH lightsaber 'V2'

I've always dug the Vader V2. That was the first Vader saber I added to my collection, actually. Very cool!

Re: Project updates 3 July - Vader ANH lightsaber 'V2'.

Also got this one done this weekend. The Vader ANH 'V2' lightsaber. I always thought the 'bubbles' looked strange on this one!

So if I maybe so bold to ask ... what vintage calculator did you use for those 'bubbles'? Looks quite believable indeed :)

Chaim

So if I maybe so bold to ask ... what vintage calculator did you use for those 'bubbles'? Looks quite believable indeed :)

Chaim

One of my Exactras it seems. This is the board I was going to put in my holiday special but went with bubbles instead.

Exactra 20?

Last edited:

The more I look at the limited reference available, the more I think you nailed the exactra board. My replica has bubbles in it, but now I may need to track down a legit exactra.

corrected my post so future researchers don't get confused. crazy some 7 digit exactras came this way!

Interesting take on the bubble strip. I always interpreted it as the circuit board showing through an untrimmed bubble strip, but that is a compelling match to the photo reference.

Project updates 6 July - DH17 blast(er) from the past...

This was a Kurtyboy/Odiwan72/Sidewinder project (I forgot Obi1kenny!) back in the day, but it's taken me eight years to add the springs to the sides of the scope rail. Pity they coil in the wrong direction but close enough - correct number of coils per inch.

Also made the nozzle opening bigger after seeing the pictures at Originalprop.com and I now see I'm missing a rivet from the underside.

rotjdh171.jpg

rotjdh172.jpg

rotjdh173.jpg

rotjdh174.jpg

rotjdh175.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Project updates 6 July - DH17 blast(er) from the past...

Believe it or not buddy, but mine isn´t finished either :lol

Could not find any suitable spring, so this detail is still missing on my ROTJ DH17 as well.
May I ask, what you used? What kind of spring is this?

As always, my hat´s off to the master of accuracy :thumbsup

It's just the first 9.5mm one I found on ebay but I'm sure there's more accurate stuff if you look hard enough.

I went for compression spring so I could simply glue it on but the original looks more like a thin extension spring stretched with the ends inserted into holes on the scope rail.

What is the thickness of the spings wire? is 1mm too thick/ thin?

Which one? Mine >1mm, screen used <1mm.

Project updates 23 July - Bapty/Tunisua E11 stunt update

Bought a Powerfile so I could get some more work done on my E11 stunt. Filed down the rear receiver to fit and finished trigger guard/coking lever. Also added a d-ring to the endcap as it was present on one of the originals I was using for reference.

bapty10.jpg

bapty11.jpg

Just waiting for a new scope rail and then to find a Hengstler.

Re: Project updates 23 July - Bapty/Tunisia E11 stunt update

Just another wonderful Kurtboy creation. Love watching these builds.

Wow you really nailed that ANH Vader V2! May I ask what length the T-track is? I'm thinking I might go this route instead of the V1 for my ANH Vader.

Wow you really nailed that ANH Vader V2! May I ask what length the T-track is? I'm thinking I might go this route instead of the V1 for my ANH Vader.

If I'm not mistaken they're the same length. The V2 clamp was slid down to touch the short grips.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back