New Luke ESB lightsaber

Unless I'm mistaken, that control box has the same profile as a Kobold clip, but with a flat bottom, not curved. Like [_]
Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 9.45.19 PM.png

The fake button has softened edges and I don't see knurling..what the heck is this!? (could somebody machine this with the threading for a graflex eye/button?)
Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 9.46.49 PM.png

Also, what's going on with the eye socket?
Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 9.47.33 PM.png

Thanks again. The control box looks like aluminium sliding t-track so yes similar in shape (but not dimensions) to a Kobold clip. And there's a block under the right side with a hole in it - probably for attaching to whatever it came from.

Button looks like thick steel tube with a red plastic cap (possibly from a Kobold) inside. But with the nicely beveled edge it's more likely a found part than custom machined.

Last edited:
That block could be what's holding it to the saber, a countersunk screw or something, good eye :)
Thanks again. The control box looks like aluminium sliding track (for t-track) so yes similar in shape (but not dimensions) to a Kobold clip. And there's a block under the right side with a hole in it - probably for attaching to whatever it came from.

Button looks like thick steel tube with a red plastic cap (possibly from a Kobold) inside. But with the nicely beveled edge it's more likely a found part than custom machined.

- - - Updated - - -

Or part of it, it probably has to have two screws to stay put

Eye socket looks like another brass part they have laying around that screwed in. Guess the threads matched so they threw it in there

What do you think it is shaped like? It looks to me like its a cone, just like the socket, pointing inwards. but thats nearly an optical illusion :lol but it could also be something flat.

- - - Updated - - -

...what if the control box is rectangular stock with a section taken out of it.

What kind of monstrosity of a G R A F L E X hybrid is this??? ... This is to much to take in ... the solutions those propguys came up with seems to astound me even till this day ... not to mention having been fooled since 1981 when Vader lopped off Luke's hand ... the utter horror ... Okay I have to lay down to fully recover from those pictures :wacko

Chaim

Since this monstrous variation was in fact the last version seen on-screen in ESB how funny would it have been in TFA for Maz's box to open and Rey see this? :lol

Maz: "That lightsaber belonged to Luke..."

Rey: "Did it? 'Cause I'm sensing that the bottom half is somehow completely off and what's that cone knob thing...?"

I´m not sold to the Kobold theory - look at the step/transition under the thumb, it´s nothing i have ever seen on any Kobold. Look also how different Kurtys is at the details.

I've never seen a linhof but perhaps what we are seeing is a subtle detail difference?

The base is definitely a Kobold/Linhof, it's the top part that I think was machined. Notice no knurling around the top. All details below that (bulb socket, slot, knurled base with hole are there).

Also, check out the top right corner of the control box. It could be a trick of the light, but it looks like something overhangs that corner. like there's a sheet over the top of the control box.

Pretty sure that's an optical illusion. There's a mark/dirt on the graflex tube giving the illusion of the corner of the control box extended out. :wacko

I see it now, thanks :lol

Since those cone knobs were nuts, I'm temped to find some grub screws and drill into the socket instead of glueing mine in. (I have an old Larbel top)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back