Bengrim's Darth Vader reveal project

Bengrim09

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well I think it's time I started my own thread for my reveal build you are all welcome to comment all information and HELP is very welcome
I've had contact with Kurtyboy and kroenen77 via there own threads and they are very inspirational thanks chaps I'm still watching your threads
so hear goes
I've been drawing up and having metal parts cut out from my cousin now renamed by kroenen77 is now my " laser-cousin "
had some success but still need to refine them as I'm drawing parts up from pictures image.jpgwhat you see are not the finished items as they need refining

Just trying to draw up some head keys at the moment and I'm getting many variations in sizes throughout the pictures I'm trying to scale from some are showing 36mm long, 40mm and 42mm with an average of 6mm wide anybody got some actual measurements they can share before I send my drawing off to be test cut would save loads of time
thanks

Last edited:
Drawn up the teeth for the lower jaw of a pic I found from an old Vader build forum, it looks ok but not sure how screen accurate it is but its only the teeth on show, going to send it off for cutting and see how it looks when I get it back
what do people think ?

Last edited:
Thanks Chaim
if I can get them to look screen accurate then I will offer them to whoever wants them but I will need advise and help off as many builders who have already built or have information to share regarding measurements as its not just for me but other members to enjoy.

Ben

Your a top man thank you very much I will draw up some more parts and see how they look when I start getting them back
I won't forget the help your giving me thanks

Ben

Going to try and get to the engineers shop this week and see if he can make me some metal screws for my neck collar ( thanks to kurtyboy for one ) and 5 my wife got me going to get 6 done as I've now got 6
image.jpgimage.jpg
pictures to follow when there done

Last edited:
Getting fed up waiting for my parts to come back from my "laser cousin" and the neck collar nut from the machinists
Arghhhh I want them NOW
But in the meantime I'm seriously considering the dental expanders "what a pain to find" can get modern ones at a cost or resin ones but how hard would it be to get them commissioned to be made just need a couple of original ones
Anybody have any thoughts on it or am I just an idiot ?
Desperate time means desperate measures
I only want what looks right

image.jpegimage.jpegJust got the lower jaw teeth back and I've had them made from 2 thicknesses of metal 1.5mm and 3mm I'm not sure of the correct thickness of material needed so I need help from somebody who already has some so I can get some made as they should be, so please anybody who knows please comment as I need a little information

Thanks Ben

image.jpeg
Got my first metal cut piano keys back for inspection and to check out the size and I think the drop in the big keys needs to be 1.5mm and not 1mm as the defined shape needs to be a little more and the overall length of the flat angled piece that lays flat at the side of the short key needs to be at least 8 to 10mm longer.
but I would say not a bad first effort on the keys.

Input would be appreciated.
Thanks for looking
Ben

image.jpeg
Getting there slowly and very happy with what's turning out just need to keep refining until I get a " happy product " that resembles the other great Vader reveal projects on this forum but help and info from other builders wouldn't just help me but other future forum members and builders.
Thanks for reading
Ben.

image.jpg
Going to try and draw up some forehead parts this weekend ( not the expanders that's another challenge ) and see how they turn out.

Hi Ben,

You're doing great sofar ... ask sskunky or kurtyboy via PM for unknown sizes ... those are the only guys I know that have most of the parts already in their possession ... unless they care to join us here with their personal comments of course.

I for one could use a set of those lower jaw teeth ... whatever the correct size might be and indeed those last items you're creating :)

Chaim

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I see bollock I now know I can use without offending lol
unless there are bollocks out there reading this then I'm sorry

- - - Updated - - -

thanks Chaim I will keep you up to date
Ben

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back