Greedo Killer acrylic stand - mini project

spoudastis

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I finished my GK (build thread to follow) a while back and i never had a chance to make a stand until now. I loved how @kurtyboy displayed his DL-44 on a super minimal and sleek acrylic stand and he was kind enought to give me some dimensions to start with. His stand is actually for a bladerunner blaster but it seems to work great for the dl-44 as well. The GK is a little different though and the dimensions of kurtyboys stand just dont work out due to the GK grill so i started making cardboard mockups until i found a size that i think will work on attempt #3 (bottom center).

image3.JPG image2.JPG image1.JPG

the next step was to model it in rhino so that i could "unroll" the model and account for the extra material in the bends. then i extracted the lines and will cut this out of 1/8" acrylic on the laser cutter. after that ill bend it and call this mini project done.

greedo_killer_stand.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent. Is Rhino 3D design software?

Hey Mugatu. yes, rhino is a 3d modeling program that we use a lot at work. i am used to modeling everything so in it went to rhino and out came the lines i need to send to the laser cutter. i should be able to cut this on monday. The bending will be the interesting part.

Very simple, it should come out great in clear acrylic

Thanks Jax. Kurtyboy's stand is beautiful and if mine comes out close ill be happy.

Hey Mugatu. yes, rhino is a 3d modeling program that we use a lot at work. i am used to modeling everything so in it went to rhino and out came the lines i need to send to the laser cutter. i should be able to cut this on monday. The bending will be the interesting part.

Thanks Jax. Kurtyboy's stand is beautiful and if mine comes out close ill be happy.

That's awesome, man. That's a great skill to have.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back