D.C.'s The Flash (tv series)

I was actually kind of surprised that the CW had the guts to do an actual Christmas episode instead of just a "holiday" episode.

ugh, one of those networks?

anything more said would get into banned holiday territory.

I hope they don't kill off iris. not one of the more entertaining characters, but we ALL know comic book deaths are never permanent, so why bother?

I also HATE how Barry STILL HAS NOT LEARNED HIS LESSON about time travel. how stupid do you have to be at his point?

Guess you didn't watch it then.

He didn't intentionally time travel. He a Jay ran enough to open a worm hole to the speedforce so they could toss the stone in it. When the stone went in, it blew him out of the track. He had no clue where he was (or when for that matter), saw iris get killed in front of him and Jay then yanked him back to present. It was either and accident or warning depending on your POV. It wasn't intentional at all.

yes, I realize that...

but then after he did id, he wanted to do it AGAIN so he could prevent it...
and jay had to remind him for a second(third?) time not to do it.

I don't have the same ethical problem changing the future as I do the past. If it's okay to change the present for the better, why not the future?

... I find myself now looking at Wally as a very interesting speedster and looking forward to his arc where as Barry's arc is getting weaker. ...

I'm waiting for Wally's arc where he starts hooking up with Tina McGee and her ex-husband goes speed-roid rage.

One falls.
One betrays Barry (Savitar speaking directly to Barry at that point).
One suffers a fate worse than death.

Betray
I think Julian betrays Barry ... because he still believes that Savitar can save his sister. ...
Falls
I reckon even though it is on the nose, Caitlin falls. ...
Fate worse than Death
And I think Wally will suffer a fate worse than death. ...

Maybe I'm taking it too literally but I feel like we saw two of the three in the flash-forward. Iris falls and Barry suffers a fate worse than death. This only leaves the betrayal which would be whomever let loose Savitar. It could be Julian as you suggest but then again as far as we know Wally is the only other person that could logically access the speed-force (hmmm, could Cisco vibe open the speed-force?). Personally I'm hoping that it is fake Wells (for whatever odd reason) or Joe (likely to save Wally from some horrible danger).

I hope they don't kill off iris. not one of the more entertaining characters, but we ALL know comic book deaths are never permanent, so why bother?
Or to quote Felicity this week, "In our town people who are dead turn out to be secretly alive almost every Wednesday."

I also HATE how Barry STILL HAS NOT LEARNED HIS LESSON about time travel. how stupid do you have to be at his point?

It's not his lesson that Barry needs to learn in this case, its the lessons of the Greeks. When you know your fate there is no point in trying to alter it because any action you take will be the cause of that fate.

I don't have the same ethical problem changing the future as I do the past. If it's okay to change the present for the better, why not the future?
because even though it's your future, it's still someone else's past. Under normal circumstances, it probably wouldn't matter, but since time travel is involved, specifically Rip Hunter, you don't want to muck with it. If Barry changes something now that affects the future, it could ripple out to where Rip Hunter never loses his family, so he never gathers The Legends together, which means a huge change in what is already Barry's past, as there would be other players from no less than two different historical eras (1940s and 2010s) out there when they should be gallivanting through time. This would also affect the battle with The Dominators, as without a girl from the 1940s and two guys from the 2010s, that one Dominator would never have escaped the government in the 1950s, leading to no tenuous accord with them and the US Government to leave us alone, which could likely mean utter defeat of the entire planet in the 1950s.

It's like a snowball rolling downhill. Ain't time travel fun?

yes, I realize that...

but then after he did id, he wanted to do it AGAIN so he could prevent it...
and jay had to remind him for a second(third?) time not to do it.

Because of course, the first natural reaction of someone with the ability to go back and stop it would be to say, 'oh well, sucks to be me, the love of my life is dead'. It was a massively traumatic experience. The only NATURAL reaction is to want to do everything in your power to prevent.

He also didn't know how to travel to the future and Jay told him it wouldn't matter because it's only a possible future, not a definite one. Not to mention, it's easier to stop from present time because it gives you more time.

am i the only one who finds this flash and iris stuff incredibly boring?

who cares who he's shacking with? maybe because i can't relate to it, who knows.. but it could just be boring :eek:)..

- - - Updated - - -

He also didn't know how to travel to the future and Jay told him it wouldn't matter because it's only a possible future, not a definite one. Not to mention, it's easier to stop from present time because it gives you more time.

nice vibing
;o)

And the music meister is the basis of the episode, he is also being llayed by a former cast member of glee.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

It isn't as big a departure for a cartoon that's deliberately goofy all the time to go there.

And, that said, I find it irritating even there.

Attachments

• 169301.jpg
    169301.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 64
It isn't as big a departure for a cartoon that's deliberately goofy all the time to go there.

And, that said, I find it irritating even there.

The problem with musical episodes is that they are all forced. Some of them may turn out really good, but the premise never feels natural, everyone breaks out into song for no rational reason whatsoever.

The problem with musical episodes is that they are all forced. Some of them may turn out really good, but the premise never feels natural, everyone breaks out into song for no rational reason whatsoever.

Normally, I'd agree, but then I remember the musical episode from Scrubs and I start laughing all over again. Granted, that was on a sitcom, and one that had goofy side-scenes practically built into the skeleton of the show.

Personally, I like when shows do this kind of thing. It throws a neat "intermission" in between "Crap crap crap we gotta get faster, and take out this villain-of-the-week, because we are running out of time before someone is going to die!" Supernatural does this type of thing once or twice a season, and usually does it really well. Arguably, on a show about slaying monsters and saving the world, there shouldn't be room for an episode where Dean starts to act like a German Shepard, but the premise justified it and seeing him yell angrily at a mailman from a window was pretty damn funny.

Normally, I'd agree, but then I remember the musical episode from Scrubs and I start laughing all over again. Granted, that was on a sitcom, and one that had goofy side-scenes practically built into the skeleton of the show.

Personally, I like when shows do this kind of thing. It throws a neat "intermission" in between "Crap crap crap we gotta get faster, and take out this villain-of-the-week, because we are running out of time before someone is going to die!" Supernatural does this type of thing once or twice a season, and usually does it really well. Arguably, on a show about slaying monsters and saving the world, there shouldn't be room for an episode where Dean starts to act like a German Shepard, but the premise justified it and seeing him yell angrily at a mailman from a window was pretty damn funny.

I'm not saying it can't turn out good, after all, Once More With Feeling is probably one of my favorite Buffy episodes and I don't mind if shows throw something new at the audience once in a while for fun. But it ought to make sense, it shouldn't just completely change the dynamic of the series so they can do something off the wall. Then again, Supernatural, when it was a decent show, did that kind of thing all the time, it was how the show worked, where they made fun of TV and movie tropes at least a couple of times a season. Flash and Supergirl really aren't that kind of show. While I wouldn't say they're super serious, they're not comedies either. You might be able to do something within the context of the show to get to some songs, after all they did it with Jesse L. Martin being a lounge singer in an alternate universe, but you have to walk a tight line between something that makes sense and something that is just thrown in because they wanted to do it.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back