Broforce video game?

Wes R

Legendary Member
Anyone else get it free with playstation plus this month? I wasn't expecting much but it's actually a blast. It is pretty much a 90s side scrolling arcade game much like Metal Slug but you unlock characters based on 80s and 90s action heroes from the Terminator to the Rocketeer and you change characters in the middle of a fight every time you free a prisoner as it also gives you an extra life. The game's actually challenging as you never know who you're going to turn into when you get a prisoner freed. Conan is the most useless one so far with Indiana Jones coming in right after him. Will Smith's character from MIB is insanely overpowered to the point you can actually get stuck by destroying the entire area in front of you with nothing to travel across on.

I love it...try using the Brode or the One legged girl...they are useless, :lol...

It's a blast, sometimes there is just so much random crap happening then you still come out of a dozen explosions unscathed! Brodator is awesome with his charge up spear and his melee is hilarious if you have a ceiling! It was also amazing how unique each character is despite such a basic control scheme.

It's such mindless fun and the characters are just great. There is random stuff, i went to kill a guy and they sudden cut to his entire life flashing before his eyes only for him to trip and explode as his own bomb went off lol. You have to be careful using the terminator as the mini-gun will blow you back across the screen. I agree all it takes is one little thing to go wrong and the entire area explodes. If you look at the end of a mission when they show your kill tally the dead corpses look like an NES screen when you had an error and everything goes blocky too lol
@Solos blaster If you don't want to wait to see all the heroes here's a clip of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ADN2BpYrEc Apparently there's other movie references in the game and even a hidden ending. good lord they have 2 music videos for the game and an animated launch trailer too lol

Last edited:
I love the animated trailer, it so needs to be a cartoon. It'd be cool if they could get the actors the characters are based on to voice them lol. Apparently this game is doing really well even with kids too young to remember the movies and shows they reference.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back