Fallout 4

PC versions use Steam to control the unlock, I don't think that the PS4 or XBox versions have any control of this type. Another reason why Steam took the gaming online sales by storm, very few Valve made games were ever leaked early, and pirated less than most other publishers.

But how can you play it without the final downloaded component of the game?

Day 1 patches typically fix bugs, load issues, save issues and whatnot. They don't act as unlocking "keys" that allow the person to play. You can play right off the disc after installing. The patch is just a rust remover for most triple A games nowadays.

Wes R, I watched their videos. I wish I could have participated. They filmed it at a old-west town that I drive past each day on the way to work.
They definitely got early Pip-Boy editions, they weren't 3D printed, the sunken in holotape holder is the give-away.

Also, your wish does exist: http://wastelandweekend.com/ Fallout cosplay was apparently popular there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I've seen the wasteland weekend, we need something like it here on the East coast. We have enough overgrown areas and abandoned buildings to do a Last of Us style apocalypse lol. I'm not sure why they chose Gavin though, I wouldn't give him a week to survive. At least now we'll be able to get measurements on the size of the holotapes after nearly 20 years of Fallout lol.

BikerScout... At the risk of sounding ungrateful... Why such an ultra-limited "availability" with the Pip-Box -- and, for that matter, the PipBoy edition of the game? I'd been holding off on getting an XBOne until they'd sorted out early issues, upped the capacity, and maybe offered a limited edition that was actually worth getting. Deco like the Star Wars 360 I have, or the Halo 4 360 I got for my girlfriend. I was hoping we'd get something sweet either for Halo 5 or Fallout 4, and the Pip-Box is definitely to my liking. But only a couple as prizes, and only in the US/Canada? That seems... harsh. I have a hard time believing Bethesda is underestimating the demand for the game and its tie-ins, especially after the PipBoy edition pre-sold out in minutes.

--Jonah

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not my department so I can't say the exact reason as I don't know and am not privy to the reasoning behind these things. With the pip-boy edition, we tried and were unable to get any more opportunities with the factory we were partnering with to add another production run to their production schedule. So we did as many as we could given that circumstance. As to the pip-box, I do not know. I believe only enough were made for the Twitter contest. You could check eBay I suppose and see if any pop up? I don't have any advice to offer there unfortunately.

Last edited:
I saw an article saying that they couldn't get the factory to make any more pipboys as they were maxed out. I'm glad I didn't miss this like i did the F3 one as it's 200.00 used on amazon. Speaking of which i got shipping confirmation from amazon so I should have it by thursday. As big as this game is I really am surprised they didn't make the pipboxes as a special release.

Came here to complain that the tracking info showed my pip-boy sitting in a UPS warehouse in Jacksonville since last night, but I re-checked before hitting "Post" and it is on it's way to the local facility. Better show "Out for Delivery" when I check in the morning.

Tomorrow is going to be rough. First I'll have to fight the urge to not leave work early (if it is delivered before I get home) then I have to decide whether to keep playing or watch "NCIS" and "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.". I have Wednesday off.

A DVR solves your last problem. TV can wait. Got my pipboy tracking info also, but they don't deliver until late at my house. So work as normal. But got Nov 11th off, cause I will be up until my eyes can't stay open on the 10th.

I saw an article saying that they couldn't get the factory to make any more pipboys as they were maxed out. I'm glad I didn't miss this like i did the F3 one as it's 200.00 used on amazon. Speaking of which i got shipping confirmation from amazon so I should have it by thursday. As big as this game is I really am surprised they didn't make the pipboxes as a special release.

Thursday for my order too. I thought originally they would be delivered by tomorrow, not shipping out tomorrow.

Oh well. We've waited this long. I guess another two days won't kill me.

Oh they could get it to you tomorrow but at half the cost of another pipboy edition lol. Gamestop probably woulda had it in the mail today but it still takes 2 days to get to me even with UPS half the time. Gamestop'll send me the code for my season pass tomorrow.

Oh they could get it to you tomorrow but at half the cost of another pipboy edition lol. Gamestop probably woulda had it in the mail today but it still takes 2 days to get to me even with UPS half the time. Gamestop'll send me the code for my season pass tomorrow.

Gamestop hasn't even charged me yet for my PC version. Actually getting kinda agitated by that fact. Wondering if they're going to wait until tomorrow to charge my card. They're customer service has been the worst for me. I had to call to change my debit card information from one account to another, and I was on the phone for over an hour waiting.

My wife had called Amazon to ask why the Xbox One version wasn't going to be here on release day. She was off the phone in like ten minutes (they told her what you said about upping the shipping service to rush delivery). Wishing I'd have ordered both from Amazon at this point.

First world problems, though. I'll deal with it. Frankly, I'm happy that Fallout 4 is finally coming, and not just a hoax anymore.

I preordered at Gamestop as well and I think they only charge it when you actually pick it up. I'm not 100% sure though.

As for the Pip Boy edition, I think it's was BS because they could have had the factory make as many as they would pay them to make. I think they just wanted the headlines to say they sold out the following day.

I know when you preorder online and have it mailed to you they start the preorder paperwork a week early and have the label ready to go so they can ship out the day before. Turns out i was wrong, amazon's going to have my copy to me tomorrow via UPS not weds. Which is surprising as I don't think i paid for the expedited shipping. My friend's special edition of Tombraider is arriving from square tomorrow too i think and they upgraded hers free to next day.

Oddly enough that's how long it took me to get Halo 5 going the other day lol. Between not having the xbox 1 updated since spring, the game install, and the giant day 1 patch it took nearly 3 hours.

It seems GameStop in Germany messed up all the delivery labels. My edition went to the DHL station here in my hometown where the mistake beame apparent and now it's going back to Gamestop's warehouse. This means it won't be here until end of the week! On their Facebook page they got a lot of hateful comments posting very similar delivery note screenshots! Disappointed Gamer ****storm ahead! :wacko

But I just called my local GameStop store and they had one edition left, so I can catch it up later this day! :D Don't know about the other edition I ordered online though, maybe I let them send it anyways so I get two editions, one to give a paint job and another one to stay in original condition. Hard decision! :eek

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back