Harbor Freight Pressure Pot clamp replacement

TheAtomicSoul

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After replacing the main hardware I've been using a harbor freight pressure pot just fine. Today however one of the clamps that holds the lid down broke and won't tighten.

I've read here that people usually replace these, but haven't found what they replace it with; I'd much prefer to find one that fits where the old one was then have a loose clamp laying on the table for it. :p

If you know the replacement part please let me know!

The issue with these pots is that none of the max pressures match between what is listed on their site, manual, and labels, nor are any of them necessarily correct. I know this from asking Harbor Freight about the discrepancies a while back.

I'd replace the swing arms and the clamps. The arms are cast metal and kinda soft, mine got so warped out of shape that the clamps won't turn anymore.

I switched to a Grizzly pot...

Thats actually whats happening with one of the four on mine; the clamp rotates but gets no traction against the arm when I try to tighten it. Despite how many people hate the issues these have many have purchased them and "upgraded" the hardware. I figure someone here might know what part works best to replace these with. :)

I'd love to get a new better pot but I don't have the funds for one. Best I can do ATM is try to find a way to fix what I have.

Odd, I thought I posted this before but it doesn't seem to be here. *shrug*

Contact harbor freight tell them what model it is. That's what we did and they sent us out replacements for it.

I contacted them but was told that parts aren't available. As I've had it for a year I know it's outside the 90 day warranty.

If anyone knows of an "over the counter" clamp that can be used on it please let me know.
As is I fear anything I can buy would crush the rim of the edge (since it's a sharp edge) and mess it up. I'm left with the only option of buying a new pot instead. :(

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back