Done with EFX/Who is Ep7 Prop Licensee?????

Tom1971

Sr Member
Sad to say but I am done with this company. I have been a huge fan of both Gino and Bryan and had numerous EFX items that I just loved but this company can not continue to be supported with the way they do business.

Once again they have just thrown a bunch of borrowed items from other prop makers on display. The same gray prototype Boba from how many years ago it still just sitting there.

Their customers beg for updates and get nothing. Hundreds of thousands of dollars of deposits and nothing. A website years out of date and an embarrassment if I was the owner.

Prototypes years old with nothing new developed.

I am sorry Gino and Bryan. I have really enjoyed talking with both of you but how EFX is handling their customers is unacceptable.

It was bad enough when you were the only option but Anvos is not only showing people how a company should act in this community but with them and so many others offerings there is just no reason to deal with you.

I really and sincerely mean it when I say I am sorry to say this but this behavior at these shows, just showing a huge pile of stuff when you won't provide the slightest update to customers who have paid tons of money to you, is just not acceptable.

I have defended EFX a lot and there is just no way to do it anymore.

Last edited:
Re: Done with EFX

They're still displaying their "pie in the sky" range at Cons then.

I've never owned anything from EFX and sadly it seems I never will; canceling my Scout and the ESB Boba I desperately want will probably never materialize. It's a shame because I'm not sure Anovos will fill the top end display prop niche, their stuff looks nice but a little idealized for costuming.

It's sucks too because my RMQ EFX Vader was one of the greatest pieces I have ever had, seen, or heard of and I will get another, hopefully some day, but enough already.

I agree that Anvos will leave a certain hole but I can't imagine EFX lasting much longer or Disney allowing a licensee to do business like this

Plus where in the heck is the episode 7 prop licensee??? We have seen a ton of props from the film so what's up with that????

Plus where in the heck is the episode 7 prop licensee??? We have seen a ton of props from the film so what's up with that????

I hope someone is doing it, but I don't recall hearing specifics. I know Anovos is doing costume items, Got Maul posted on a thread about Poe Dameron that they would be doing that costume. I would imagine others are planned as well.

Usually companies cannot discuss or show items prior to a specified date. I believe Anovos has some sort of permission to show off the Star Wars:TFA Stormtrooper armor at Star Wars Celebration.

Last edited:

I hope someone is doing it, but I don't recall hearing specifics. I know Anovos is doing costume items, Got Maul posted on a thread about Poe Dameron that they would be doing that costume. I would image others are planned as well

Usually companies cannot discuss or show items prior to a specified date. I believe Anovos has some sort of permission to show off the Star Wars:TFA Stormtrooper armor at Star Wars Celebration.

That is what's weird. Anvos already said no props. You would think they would want licensees ready before the film, as all the others are, showing off all their products except any Ep7 props????? Very Strange.

That is what's weird. Anvos already said no props. You would think they would want licensees ready before the film, as all the others are, showing off all their products except any Ep7 props????? Very Strange.

I'm guessing eFx has the license. They may very well have products ready to release or at least put on pre-order when they are allowed to do so. It's just like Hasbro, Lego, etc... they already have them designed and ready to ship but we have yet to see the lines. I believe Hasbro said something about 4 SEP.

Last edited:

I'm guessing eFx has the license. They may very well have products ready to release or at least put on pre-order when they are allowed to do so. It's just like Hasbro, Lego, etc... they already have them designed and ready to ship but we have yet to see the lines. I believe Hasbro said something about 1 SEP.

I get the secrecy of the product but wouldn't EFX let us know they have the Ep7 license?

I get the secrecy of the product but wouldn't EFX let us know they have the Ep7 license?

I honestly don't know. I think I remember companies in the past reply to questions like that with "no comment" or "we can't discuss it". Maybe it has to do with company press releases as they often mention the licenser as well and they have the say on the date of the announcement as well. That's just all speculation as I have never dealt with anything like that. I just know that it not as simple as a lot of people assume.

From the Panel Discussion for EFX and the rest:

The panel was moderated by Lucasfilm's "Hard-Line" Licensing Team member Anita Castellar. Anita was quick to point out that there wouldn't be anything discussed regarding The Force Awakens.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wholeheartedly agree with Jameth1971. I have many eFX items, & I enjoy them to this day. Their Vader Legend took a very long time to arrive also, but we got updates & communication as to its status. Not a lot, but vastly more than what we get now. I want them to do well. I like their quality. But I get the feeling they don't care anymore. I have their Biker Scout Legend on order, & I will keep it on order. But I'm more excited about my soon to be arriving RS Biker Scout helmet. Ordered long after eFX, & looks to be arriving long before.

That's why I get the feeling they don't care. The "up coming" items they're showing are, in reality, really just dreams. & it's half hearted on their part. They haven't done anything lately, but here check out someone else's stuff.
In today's age of the Internet... if I want someone else's stuff, I'll get it from them directly.

So EFX apparently just borrowed an R2 from someone in the R2 Builders club.

Wow!!!!!!

yes. its a personal droid of Chris Reiff who is well known in the star wars marketplace and an R2 Builder club member. He custom built that droid in his shop using measurements and pic taken from screen used droids at the Lucasfilm Archives. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chris_Reiff

I do think it a bit unfair to use that as the "prototype" to market a future product. they had better do a good job of it! :D if Chris is guiding them in the design and they base their work on his droid it will be as accurate as any screen used droid as Chris' droid is the most accurate replica build to date. IF eFX takes proper care and reproduces every detail accurately it will be a nice but expensive offering. I would imagine they will go with fiberglass for the final product though.

But that practice is nothing new. Aren't most the items shown from fan-made private collections? I know MR did the same thing.

That Falcon has been in development since 2009. http://www.efxcollectibles.com/c-24-istar-warsi-in-development.aspx

I don't want to bust on them for the lack of items/production this past year because as far as I know, they might have been busy with Star Wars: TFA items and they are not allowed to talk about them. I have no idea if that is true, but I have to remind myself, I am an outsider.

I think pre-orders are a big problem in this hobby. I rather them not take orders/money till they items were in stock or the items were far enough in the process that a realistic shipping date could be made.

I think pre-orders are a big problem in this hobby. I rather them not take orders/money till they items were in stock or the items were far enough in the process that a realistic shipping date could be made.

I totally agree with this. I also collect 1/6 scale figures and the preorder/delivery cycle is completely insane. I'm OK with preordering if the time between order and delivery is reasonable, but these days it has become the norm that the wait is at least 1 year and on some items it's stretching to 1 1/2 years or more. That doesn't include the inevitable delays. I would much prefer they wait until the production cycle is closer to release before they announce and put things up for order.

TK1701 who works for EFX declared on Rebelscum: "Actually, they (EFX) just renewed the license for Episodes 1-6. So not any time soon."

Yay! 10 more years (or so) and we'll only see finished 2-3 helmets and one studio scale...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back