EFx injection molded Vader ANH

It's been said many a time....

People are very forgiving if they believe things are moving forward and that they're in the loop. They tend to get upset when they pay for something and the seller says something only 1 or 2x a year.

You want the criticism to come down? Address it, don't ignore it. It's all very valid. All the complaints come with rational reasons, not made up BS. People here post other places too, and i've not heard of any updates being posted anywhere else either.

I'd go so far as to say if you can't deal with the criticism of next to no updates for stuff that's been paid for well over a year ago, you're in the wrong business.

If this helmet was $199-$225 I'd buy it in a New York minute.

$299? It doesn't sound like much of a difference but I'd have to do some serious thinking before spending that much on a plastic helmet.

For me personally, it's really difficult to come here and try to communicate anything if it means I have to endure those kind of comments.

Even after editing your comment its still stupid. Seriously...what are you expecting after all the past years you did that bull**** with your customers? I for myself am still surprised how forgiving the customers were the past time. And whats coming from your side? No excuse, no upgrade, no sign of doing it better in the future....just crying because you are getting critic for what you have done. Do you really want to make us believe its ok whats coming from that company?? I don't get it.

No need to get nasty on either side. I'd really just honestly like to know what's going on. What's the status on items we've paid for and what's purportedly in the pipeline?

Why was there a new product development, and even an NY comic con exclusive packaged and ready to sell, when none of the other things have even been addressed in a simple post or email?

These are simple questions, and I pose them with no malice. I really... as MANY of us do... would like to know.

Thanks clutch!

There are lots of projects in the pipeline and all of them are at varying stages in development.
Some move faster than others and do not necessarily impede the progress of other projects in the works.
For example, the creation of the death star modules had absolutely no impact on the progress of the scout.

One thing that EFX does not try to do is have too many outstanding projects hanging out there where money has exchanged hands.
Right now there are only two. The scout, and as of just several days ago the iron man helmet.
And most of those items, only a deposit is taken and the rest is not charged until the item ships. Unless you buy direct but that accounts for a very small percentage of the quantities that are sold.

There is always room for improving communication. Yet I know as a customer I would grow just as tired hearing the same update repeated, more factory delays...yadda yadda every month for a year or so. At some point even hearing that even becomes not good enough of a response because people just want their items. But I promise, we just want to get them to you as much as you want to get them.

The scout helmet is a beast. I believe of all the helmets in SW, it is the most challenging of all of them to pull off in a production environment. Getting it right has been a challenge to say the least. But we are committed to getting it right and the trade off is in delays. Which sucks I know. In the end the best we can hope for is that those who stuck with us and supported us will be left with something that they will cherish forever.

As far as any other projects we've previewed, they are all still in the works unless we have officially announced that they have been cancelled.

I know this might sound partly self serving (it's not intended to) but when you consider the fan made options that are available at a not too dissimilar price point, $400 for that is crazy. The CE trooper was what, $120?

How about eFX show something, make it and deliver it before announcing something new? If I had an order in for something with them that has been delayed for months if not years by now and saw this, I'd be raging.

AMEN. Why would I ever drop $400 or $300 on a plastic helmet when I can get a nice Fiberglass for that or near that and the greatest ever made Vader helmet (Yours) for $800.

Hello!!!! Makes no sense but neither does anything else EFX does.

Tom

Last edited:
I want to add I love the PCR stormy. In fact it's my favorite Stormtrooper helmet but at $150, $200. Anything above that and I want a nice fiberglass, etc.

Thank you Gino. I'm one who is holding out for my Scout helmet. I'll be honest, it's difficult at times. But everything I've received from eFX has been great, & I hope the Scout will be no different. Yet, I would gladly accept the repeated "still delayed for 'x' reasons" update - if only to know that you guys are still breathing & open - over the silence. Hell, I keep all the emails I get from you guys, cause it shows you're alive. As I've posted in these forums many times, I want eFX to succeed, I want eFX to thrive & do better!

I don't know why EFX doesn't release an ESB Vader. The paint application would be easier and I think they would sell like hotcakes.

I used to see the same side of the coin as you Clutch, and try to differentiate Gino from eFX - admiring him for the truly talented artist he is - but that last (deleted) comment has left a very bad taste in my mouth and makes me wonder if he is any better than Bryan.

I must say I find the way they (eFX) conducts business to be totally confounding. I'm astonished Disney is tolerant of eFX's such blatant disregard towards its customers.

If he's Art Director/Product Development for eFX,
Posts announcements for eFX,
Posts status updates for eFX,
Goes out in the field with Bryan Ono of eFX

Maybe there are some corporate intricacies I don't understand, but... doesn't that make him eFX?

:thumbsup

And a cook at Burger King can listen to people gripe about the black buns turning everyone's **** green. Doesn't mean they are gonna stop making them. Bryan is EFX and I'm sure he knows all about the complaints of this minority.

And a cook at Burger King can listen to people gripe about the black buns turning everyone's **** green. Doesn't mean they are gonna stop making them. Bryan is EFX and I'm sure he knows all about the complaints of this minority.

First you tell us to lay off Gino, now you're calling us a minority? Your cook analogy does not work because in many corporations - even those such as Burger King - regular employees are not permitted to engage the press, speak on behalf of the company, represent the company, or comment on legal matters. Those who do speak on behalf of the company are usually Director-level and above.

I have no issue of Gino speaking on behalf of eFX Collectibles regardless of their performance, but I take issue with you telling people to lay of Gino because he's "not eFX" because that is factually untrue and cannot be your platform to silence people with legitimate criticism.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back