eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

It's sad that if you look people from efx have logged onto the RPF and still have not given us an update this will deffendtly be my last buy from them very sad, after I got my Vader and the helmet was cracked and they didn't want to fix it for me or replace it i know I should never have ordered from them I really hope they didn't get there licence renewed

It's sad that if you look people from efx have logged onto the RPF and still have not given us an update this will deffendtly be my last buy from them very sad, after I got my Vader and the helmet was cracked and they didn't want to fix it for me or replace it i know I should never have ordered from them I really hope they didn't get there licence renewed

I know someone who ordered one Legend and got three in the end through all the replacement struggle :).....oh and he paid for just one.

I know someone who ordered one Legend and got three in the end through all the replacement struggle :).....oh and he paid for just one.

That's vary lucky, after 2 months of sending pics to them they told me they where not going to do anything, and the. They just stopped emailing me back... Shocker there...

A few SDCC images

eo2AgV.jpgimage2.jpgimage1.jpgimage1 2.jpgIMG_3828.jpg

I've read through most of this thread... From when everyone was excited about the announcement that there would be a Legend edition, to now... when sacasm and sadness has now fully set in. ... But I was curious, what is EFX track record for other things? Have they always been a long wait? Are they sending out other products right now? I remember at C7 seeing lots of people walking around with EFX boxes of stormtrooper helmets, so they are making these apparently. Is this just a new thing for them, or is this the norm. And what possibly could the long delay be about? It can't really be about tooling or manufacturing, right? They are a company that makes these things, right?...and wouldn't some sort of set structure already be in place? Wouldn't they already have distributors in place to get the job done??... I'm trying to think of a legitimate reason as to why there is this massive delay, but I can't think of any... other than money mismanagement. They can't 'pay' for what they sold. ... Is that the consensus here? ... I've have never bought anything from them, but after reading this thread, I feel I may never want too....

Well last I heard they said they were having hinges failing after extensive testing. That update was about 6 months ago and not a word since. They last told us they planned to have these ready to ship by SDCC but that has come and gone without a peep from Efx. Frankly, this alleged hinge issue should've been discovered and resolved long before the thing was ever put up for preorder. Efx are known for delays but I decided to give them the benefit of a doubt. I'm patient and understand delays to some extent are a way of life in this arena but this has gone beyond the realm of absurd and their refusal to maintain simple communication makes it all the worse.

Last edited:
Well last I heard they said they were having hinges failing after extensive testing. That update was about 6 months ago and not a word since. They last told us they planned to have these ready to ship by SDCC but that has come and gone without a peep from Efx. Frankly, this alleged hinge issue should've been discovered and resolved long before the thing was ever put up for preorder. Efx are known for delays but I decided to give them the benefit of a doubt. I'm patient and understand delays to some extent are a way of life in this arena but this has gone beyond the realm of absurd and their refusal to maintain simple communication makes it all the worse.

Someone over at Rebelscum, who claimed to have spoken to efx at SDCC, has said the hinge issue is resolved and that its in production at the factory. Why they couldn't tell us this themselves is beyond me.

If this is indeed, finally, in production, I would very much like to know. I have the Legend on PO, & only paid the deposit (thankfully). I'm very much looking forward to paying off the balance. So, until then, I can only wait. I just wish we could've had an update since SDCC, as the last email (many moons ago) said.

Got an official update e-mail from efx:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We just wanted give you an update on the Biker Scout helmets. As we had told many of you, we have resolved the problem with the pivot pin that I had described in our last update. We were really relieved that to resolve the problem we did not have to make any concessions on the geometry of the original helmet!

As you can see in the pictures below, we are in full production of the helmets. We are working closely with the factory to complete these as soon as possible.

unnamed.jpgunnamed1.jpg

Barring any further "unexpected challenges" we are anticipating to be able to start to ship soon!

Thanks for your continued patience and really appreciate your understanding!

Bryan

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that's the latest it looks like. Something at least, right?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back