eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

When they sent that last email about delays, I asked for the refund and they gave it to me.

I just did the same as the first step per the direction of my bank. I ended up with a rather aggressive investigator who must be trying to cut his teeth in the business as he wanted to work me right through the whole fraud process. Had to tell junior to hold his water for a bit as I'd like to give EFX the benefit of the doubt. But we shall see what happens.

Also, I believe the RS version is derived from a production made helmet while the eFX is derived from a screen-used helmet.

Yes but all screen used helmets are production made :). Im guessing the difference is one was probably surplus to requirement so not fully finished or required on set.

The number of indents in the back of the helmet will be different from EFX to RS. Otherwise I also believe the RS will be a bit more accurate to the prop itself than the EFX Legend. We already can see the RS is made in 2 halves like a screen used lid, plus the interior will not be fully padded. We'll see when a direct comparison will be made.

The Legend idea is nice, but is just a myth. I own a Legend Vader, it is superb, but I'd trade it in a second for a SL.

The Legend is a nice collectable as most of eFX stuff. Its a good investment cause the prices go up and up but if you want a real prop replica there is no other way to go as with fan made stuff. I've seen three Legend Vader to date and everyone is a dissapointment regarding accuracy.

Last edited:
Also, I believe the RS version is derived from a production made helmet while the eFX is derived from a screen-used helmet.

Technically, the RS version is derived from the same bucks used for the eFX helmet. They both have the same source. The RS is, as you mentioned, a production made, but not used helmet. Personally, I think the RS will be a better looking bucket simply because it'll be made from the same material, the same way and from an actual helmet and not from most of the bucks used in production, as I remember reading that they didn't have the bucks for the visor. For that reason, the RS wins in my mind, but the decals for the eFX will be the standard, since they were given access to an original decal sheet.

Technically, the RS version is derived from the same bucks used for the eFX helmet. They both have the same source. The RS is, as you mentioned, a production made, but not used helmet. Personally, I think the RS will be a better looking bucket simply because it'll be made from the same material, the same way and from an actual helmet and not from most of the bucks used in production, as I remember reading that they didn't have the bucks for the visor. For that reason, the RS wins in my mind, but the decals for the eFX will be the standard, since they were given access to an original decal sheet.

EFX Legend version will be same material as originals and built in two halves as well. The real clincher for me is the Scout Pistol and Nilo Rodis-Jamero Signature.

Keep in mind also that the RS version will be missing some detail on the back that the SU and efx version has.

All in all I am sure they will both be great buckets.

I wonder what the story is with the two damaged vents not being on the RS helmet. Did they fill the damaged vents on the wooden mold and then that filler broke away?
Anyway, having spent a lot of time looking at the RS parts next to the original, I can tell you they have done a fantastic job. I'm about to start building my second RS Scout and its a fantastic helmet.
I am still looking forward to the EFX legend helmet just as much as I was before I got the RS helmets though. I think it will be a fantastic helmet also and the cast off original pistol will be really cool to have.
I wish we could just enjoy both versions and remember how lucky we are to be able to have either of them.

Keith.

EFX Legend version will be same material as originals and built in two halves as well. The real clincher for me is the Scout Pistol and Nilo Rodis-Jamero Signature.

Keep in mind also that the RS version will be missing some detail on the back that the SU and efx version has.

All in all I am sure they will both be great buckets.

I'm not sure the EFX will be made in 2 halves, maybe someone from EFX or Gino could chime in.

I know they had said they were having problems with the helmet hinge failing after repeated use and were trying to remedy that but that update was 6 months ago. Frankly, I just want the helmet at this point. I highly doubt many of us are going to be wearing them on a regular basis anyways. Mine would just be displayed on a shelf 99% of the time.

To which detail are you referring? If you mean the double vent bit, that's actually more of an assembly glitch/bad pull. There's other screen grabs and shots of the MOM exhibit that show the vents differently. Ideally, there should be about 7 or 8 "vents" in the back of the helmet. I've only ever noticed the Prop Store's helmet having that double vent.

All these years we've waited for a screen accurate Scout and now we have 2. It's a great time to be a Star Wars fan. ;)

Ben

Thanks Ben.
Here is another:

It could be the same helmet as the other screenshot i posted, but i think its different armour, so there is a good chance its not the same helmet.

Keith.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back