Tron Legacy Costume

Nice work on the Anon helmet, I have a pep'd helmet bondo'd in garage but like my CLU & Disc Wars helmets it's waiting for me to finish my vac forming table and a a few uni essays "blargh".

just remind some
White glow color is users and none programs ie Kevin and Sam
Blue and variations of blue are programs
Yellow CLU
Red but more of an orange is system guards and warriors

just remind some
White glow color is users and none programs ie Kevin and Sam
Blue and variations of blue are programs
Yellow CLU
Red but more of an orange is system guards and warriors

Hi megatron

Hope you don'tind me expanding on the colour system.

White is also for ISO's

Yellow is for all infected or corrupted program's (Thorn and Abraxas are yallow too).

And don't forget green for resistance fighters like Gibson (another costume I'd like a crack at in the future).

Love the 'simple' idea to use the electric scooter in the middle to move the bike! Great job. I'm sure I speak for everyone: show us more pics of it here, please!

Im working on a few projects right now.. TRON being one of them..Id like to get some video and pics up of the bike speeding away with some music, (there is an ipod stereo system built in to the frame with speakers on front and back, with tron legacy sountrack)
but been busy with the avengers movie premiere and parties. I have a HULK , THOR..+ Optimus Prime (movie version) and a custom terminator (I call it the T-650) im recunstructing all of them for Halloween and different events. This site and the people on here are the best of the best with sharing ideas and helping others with personal projects I just hope i can do the same in the near future!

Great work on the tron cycle!

Well here's an update on the Anon helmet from a week ago. I have successfully made my first cast of the helmet and I'm very happy with
it. Here's some photos on the molding process I took. I didn't get fancy with the seam work on the molds like I've seen as I had a limited amount of material, which also resulted in the mold being thinner than I would have liked it, but it still turned out great, that is for someone who has never done this before. Any comments or advice on that would be greatly appreciated :)

I've started on the armor pieces as well, so I'll post pictures of that as soon as I can.

Tron Anon_Helmet_102 by Detravoid, on Flickr

Tron Anon_Helmet_110 by Detravoid, on Flickr

Tron Anon_Helmet_118 by Detravoid, on Flickr

Tron Anon_Helmet_133 by Detravoid, on Flickr

Tron Anon_Helmet_141 by Detravoid, on Flickr

Tron Anon_Helmet_127 by Detravoid, on Flickr

Tron Anon_Helmet_128 by Detravoid, on Flickr

Tron Anon_Helmet_130 by Detravoid, on Flickr

Tron Anon_Helmet_151 by Detravoid, on Flickr

Last edited:
@joedjc: Wow! Looks awesome. I'd love to see a video of it in action. Does it light up? It looks like it could.

@Darkmantis: Wow! This looks amazing so far. Can't wait to see more pics.

Another week and more progress. I just finished the last bit of the helmet which was tinting the visor. I built a vacuum former from an old light box I had made and used that to make the front visor to fit the helmet. I'll post a couple pics of that. The last part I have left is the lighting on the helmet. Still debating whether I should run a separate inverter for the helmet or somehow have it connect to the rest of the suit. It was getting dark so it may be hard to see the tint in the last picture. I'll post a better one tomorrow, and I'll have the helmet waxed :)

Cut out the piece for the visor

Tron Anon_Helmet_159 by Detravoid, on Flickr

test fitting the vacuum formed visor made from the piece cut out.

Tron Anon_Helmet_167 by Detravoid, on Flickr

primer that was wet sanded with 1000grit sandpaper

Tron Anon_Helmet_175 by Detravoid, on Flickr

sprayed with gloss black paint, then glued in visor

Tron Anon_Helmet_183 by Detravoid, on Flickr

masked off helmet and spray tinted the visor

Tron Anon_Helmet_184 by Detravoid, on Flickr

Hi megatron

Hope you don'tind me expanding on the colour system.

White is also for ISO's

Yellow is for all infected or corrupted program's (Thorn and Abraxas are yallow too).

And don't forget green for resistance fighters like Gibson (another costume I'd like a crack at in the future).

Clu has always been yellow even in TRON 1982
the_two_clus_by_tron_1982-d3hnbfe.jpg

it kinda funny Flynn made that program twice once to get in to a system and once to build a system

wow looking at those two pics next to eachother the CG young CLU is pretty awesome

Last edited:
Clu has always been yellow even in TRON 1982
the_two_clus_by_tron_1982-d3hnbfe.jpg

it kinda funny Flynn made that program twice once to get in to a system and once to build a system

wow looking at those two pics next to eachother the CG young CLU is pretty awesome

The first clu was made to subvert the system in order to retrieve Flynn's hidden info (rather like a virus), the second clue wasn't yellow to begin with, but turned yellow later on (we see a referance to that in the Legacy film during a flashback moment).

Greetings Programs !

I have been a long time lurker here, and I must thank you all for all your precious advises and useful informations that helped me build my own Quorra costume for Japan Expo 2011.

Your work is amazing, and I don't have your skills (my disc sucks ... but my salary doesn't allow me to buy the Soulterina kit). I am a newbie cosplayer, (I have only done 3 cosplays) but I am quite proud of my costume, so I wanted to share it with you.

I did it for Japan Expo 2011 that took place in Paris in July 2011. Unfortunately, one of the seller that was supposed to ship el panel told me he couldn't anymore only one week before the con. So I went to the contest without light circles. Moreover, one of my tape broke during transport to the con, so it didn't light anymore in the bottom. I had to cut it, and try to make a connection in a hurry the night before the show.
I almost threw everything out by the window because I was so pissed everything went so bad.

But it was a good day afterall. Lots of people asked me what I used to create the light effect and as I was the only Quorra of the con, many people asked for photos.

Pictures and vidéos from the show :

Quorra - ¤~Alea~¤

skit : 24- Quorra (Tron L'héritage) Cosplay Comic'con Japan Expo 2011 (dimanche) - YouTube

In autumn 2011, I did a second version of my costume, a full version ! With all the lights ! I hope I will wear it one day in a con (because I do very few conventions, once a year at most).

Quorra - ¤~Alea~¤

Once again, thank you everyone because I couldn't have done this without you ! I learned so much thanks to this thread (I didn't think it was possible to make a Tron outfit before I saw some of your cosplay pictures that brought me here).

Now I am checking this forum very often and it gives me plenty of ideas !

Wish the best to you all !

*Alea

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back