Star Wars Episode VII Stormtrooper Pics

Well, I'm not really a Star Wars fan and certainly never wanted Storm trooper armor, but I definately want at least a helmet now. I just think it looks slick and cool, just produce a helmet and I'm there, assuming I can wear my glasses under it. Maybe it's time to get some contacts...

Begin with a classic Stormtrooper helmet though. Everything started from there. ;)

Now I definitely think it looks lame. It looks like a cheap attempt at a Stormtrooper suit using plastic trashcans. There's no detail, it's practically all flat.

There is not much contrast in forms. I am not sure why everything needs to be smoothed out, but I can live with this. The optical bteak below the knee guards is what imo makes the troopers look less elegant than twh ot troopers, though.

There are also some troopers in the traditional outfits in the desert scene. Side note - they are flying into the rear of an overturned Super Star Destroyer.

oLRDOia.jpg

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they had the Disney execs over during the design phase of the new troopers and they actually chose that design because it resembles a duck.

Wow they have been selling the ep7 stormtrooper figure for years.

View attachment 465934

Now that's some forward planning there George :)

Expect to see a lot of Donald Duck tie-ins from Disney in the future.

Last edited:

They're Beats by Dr Dre.

---------------------------------------

Thanks for the pictures link.
Do like the detailing and extras of the Snowtrooper. Has a Commander look.
That backpack is awesome. Duster has style, heavier insulation. Why shin guards and heavy buckles on mukluks?
Chest plate kinda weak. Still do not like the bottom half of helmet. Does have a McQuarrie look to design. Respect.

It's very clearly a callout to modern state of the art helmets. However from what I've seen of it It looks a little silly on a Star Wars helmet.
new_helmet.jpg

You've done a great work, but now that all over the web there are photos, pictures and videos of the full armor, I think you need to fix some parts of this helmet. But still a great work! :D

- - - Updated - - -

I think some people anticipated the new Stormtrooper helmet to look something like the TFU Imperial Navy Commando design, which I happened to have modeled recently.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3898/14785423250_e9b9da7315_o.jpg

I was wondering if it was possible for you to share the 3D model which you've used to create the Pepakura models. I repeat: only the 3D model used.

I don't buy it. If they were really trying to obsessively Disneyize their movies, why didn't they with Avengers. The Trooper helmets were always somewhat that shape. Lucasfilm is making the movie, not Disney.

And yet, according to Kathleen Kennedy at the TFA panel, Bob Iger acquired the company that is responsible for the technology used in the BB-8 prop. So just by chance they put a prop in a movie whose technology is owned by the CEO of Disney. I think not. He knew full well that if the movie is successful he'd be making a killing out of BB-8 toys. You really think they won't try to sneak a Donald Duck design into the design for the new troopers ?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back