Star Wars Episode VII Stormtrooper Pics

OMG, can't unsee. I guess this makes sense with Disney involved.

A6m_3HYCcAE7d1-.jpg

Nice! It goes without saying the OT troopers will always be classic but this looks like an obvious update to that and looks better than the weird mixmash PT troopers at least. I do wish it had two mic tips though. I see the photoshops attempting to grasp at straws but I'm not seeing how this looks much more like a duck than the OT helmets ever did.I guess it's the extra detail line connecting the eyes to the frown that's throwing some people off?

big fan of the thigh mounted blasters and the few other details peppering the suit. The boots look pretty similar to the OT ones too, but the shoulders and chest look really bubbily..

I do agree on the logical evolution of tech though, they nearly nailed it, and that's good enough for me.

I think the white "armor" material between the shoulders and the chest may be a more flexible material. Like rings around the underarms...

I could be wrong, but that's what I'm seeing...

I wonder if the armor in the new movies will actually be useful, as in stopping blaster bolts to some extent, lol.

I don't like the new armor. It looks like it is made out of cardboard in a Chinese knock-off factory that produces fake I-Phones. And the duckface on the helmet really bugs me. The design elements that they should've kept from the original armor they completely ignored and added design elements that is totally unnecessary. If they kept the vocoder and mic tip section from the original troopers it would've been a huge improvement. Instead they added unnecessary greeblies to make it look cool. It only breaks up the flow of the design and makes it look "busy." They beauty of the original armor was the simplistic design. It looked functional. This design reeks of Doug Chiang. His designs are one of the things that bothered me most about the prequels. They probably look pretty on paper but on screen they are lifeless, flat and don't fit their environments. I've read a lot of comments that this is a natural progression for the armor between the OT and the TFA. To me it seems like this armor should be pre-prequels. I was hoping once the full armor was revealed the helmet would make sense. Instead, the rest of the armor just makes it look worse.:cry

Last edited:
I like the new armor, looks like something stormtroopers can wear 30 years after A new hope.
Not sure about the two tone guns though.
Thank the Force that this will be not a CG :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back