Sundowner's TFA DL-44

Getting ready to secure the mount and used a small washer as you can see below that was just enough to level the mount! Also just showing off the mystery knob because I liked the way it came out

Looking good! Can you tell me the size of the washer to find something similar? Very much appreciated.

So, about the mystery knob... I assume the side with the relief is going down to hold glue? Is that right?

Looking good! Can you tell me the size of the washer to find something similar? Very much appreciated.

So, about the mystery knob... I assume the side with the relief is going down to hold glue? Is that right?

im not sure the exact size because I just grabbed it out of my nuts & bolts can but it is almost paper thin. It didn't take much to bring it level. As for the mystery knob, you are correct.
image.jpeg

Ha ha, OK, I asked because I'm not a guy with a lot of tools, and I'm getting stuff on the progress just for the build :)

Thank you!

Getting that last few pieces JB Welded tonight and I'm finished! Well except for that side that no one wants to show ;). Here is the scope and mount finished

image.jpeg

Thanks! So far I have everything finished and now I just have to get it together. The last piece will be the square cover because I'm not 100% positive I trust my steady hand with a dremel.
By "square cover" do you mean the plate that goes on the left side of the gun? I am currently working on my kit and am trying to figure out how to get the left side done. No one wants to post anything about that side.

By "square cover" do you mean the plate that goes on the left side of the gun? I am currently working on my kit and am trying to figure out how to get the left side done. No one wants to post anything about that side.

I think folks are tinkering and experimenting with how to achieve the right look with the square. The problem is the DEC kit came with a cover but its plastic and that is great for folks that are painting their blasters but its problematic for folks bluing. I bought some sheet aluminum that I may experiment with but I do know that someone is working on water jet pieces

The finish turned out exactly how I wanted it to. I love the rugged and used look to it. I did a bit of weather to the spot where I thought would be worn the most. Over all this was a very fun build and I learned quite a bit. I'm sure some of these pictures will be upside down and turned around

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back