LOTR Haldirs' elven archer build.

Subscribing. Hoping the newhelmet come out cleaner. Amazing work so far. Always thought that would be a great costume to do.

cold cast test......polished up, i think we have a winner. i powdered my molds lightly then cold cast the brass powder with oynx...then backed with fiberglass.

looks like we have a color match for the screen used stuff. now just have to clear coat it.
coldcasttest.jpg

That's beautiful!

thanks, guys.

here are some pics from our last get together..........seeing how everything is fitting. cam , the guy in the pics is the biggest of us so if it fits him it will fit the rest of the group.

helmet before molding.....

This is absolutely wonderful!
I am a huge fan of LOTR, and always thought the elves armor looked stunning.
Thanks for sharing :) I'm excited to see more pictures!

thanks guys.

slowly getting there. finished sculpting scabbard. sculpting the quiver, and hip armor now. plus buckles and going to start making the bow soon.

here is what we have thus far....

here is the scabbard sculpt.

love your build so far. How many sets are you making? I guess I mean, how many guys will be in your group? One set of armor is impressive. a squad will be super cool.

we are doing a group of 4 elves for dragon con on sat. we had 5 but one guy backed out.....

here are some elven leather goodies from my buddy john p.

My pulse rate just went up looking at all of that... :love

I have got to figure out how to get there or I'm going to be depressed for months.

AWESOME! where did you learn to sculpt like that?
I really wanted to make the 2nd age Elf Armour from the prologue ran into issues however :/
May get around to it again once I have more time.

How many full suits are you making? (I don't suppose you'd be selling a raw kit of the Armour casts in the future?)

Looks amazing, could easily be WETA's, Keep up the work!

AWESOME! where did you learn to sculpt like that?
I really wanted to make the 2nd age Elf Armour from the prologue ran into issues however :/
May get around to it again once I have more time.

How many full suits are you making? (I don't suppose you'd be selling a raw kit of the Armour casts in the future?)

Looks amazing, could easily be WETA's, Keep up the work!

thanks for the compliments . i am doing 4 full suits and may do a run after dragon con in early sept.

as far as sculpting. lots of practice, i sculpt some pretty much everyday. if you want to get good at something do it alot, like everyday. at least for 10 mins or more....i started with real basic armor and moved into creature prosthetics and stuff.....start simple and progress.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back