Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

I definitely agree with you. The sword fights in the first movie were excellent. Those were Bob Anderson weren't they? It would make sense why they were so good. For me CoTBP was a pirate adventure movie with some supernatural elements... the rest of the POTC movies just seems to be supernatural movies with Jack Sparrow and some pirates in them.

I'll see this movie but if it's anything like OST I'm not going to be impressed. I'll just some old Black Sails episodes to make me feel better.
Yeah. They were choreographed by him.

You know, it's just kinda sad. I was watching the sword fight between Jack and Barbossa. No bs. (Will's had just a bit of it.) Still my favorite POTC scene. And see, when you said the rest of the movies are supernatural movies with Jack in them, I thought that most about OST. I only saw OST once and am surprised I remember most of it. I presume it's because imo it's such a bad movie. It's not even about Jack. His big moment in that one is with his "imposter". That playful sword "fight". Everything else is the typical Jack Sparrow antic. It's more about Barbossa since he took on the bad guy and was determined to do so since the beginning. Whatever Jack was supposed to do seems to have been lost, forgotten about somewhere in the script.

I'll see this movie once it's out on blu ray and borrow it from a friend. As foolish as it may be for me to criticize it over what I've seen in the trailer, I'm willing to retract said criticism of it but only until then. From the looks of the trailer, however, I don't think it'll be different than OST or AWE. :\

About the only thing that still makes me tick for these movies is Geoff Rush. (OST was pretty crap to me, although I liked the London scenes...)

Best sword fight was Wheel of Fortune in Dead Man's Chest. Best sequence and composition to go with it.

Yeah. They were choreographed by him.

You know, it's just kinda sad. I was watching the sword fight between Jack and Barbossa. No bs. (Will's had just a bit of it.) Still my favorite POTC scene. And see, when you said the rest of the movies are supernatural movies with Jack in them, I thought that most about OST. I only saw OST once and am surprised I remember most of it. I presume it's because imo it's such a bad movie. It's not even about Jack. His big moment in that one is with his "imposter". That playful sword "fight". Everything else is the typical Jack Sparrow antic. It's more about Barbossa since he took on the bad guy and was determined to do so since the beginning. Whatever Jack was supposed to do seems to have been lost, forgotten about somewhere in the script.

I'll see this movie once it's out on blu ray and borrow it from a friend. As foolish as it may be for me to criticize it over what I've seen in the trailer, I'm willing to retract said criticism of it but only until then. From the looks of the trailer, however, I don't think it'll be different than OST or AWE. :\

I sure hope they do not go that route, but the more I think about it, your likely correct.

I believe I read somewhere that it is in fact "the next generation" sorta speak. Because as you know "young people" cannot relate to anyone over 20...... or whatever :rolleyes

I know right?! Davey Jones looked superior. sigh.

Not exactly the first time 'tis has happened :p

Jurassic Park(1993) > Jurassic World(2015)
T-1000(1991) > Silver Surfer(2007)

Tried to watch "On Stranger Tides" with my niece the other day.
Hated it. I was so bored I was angry.
This one's a hard pass for me. I'll catch it when it's on TV and my niece makes me suffer through it.

I'm counting the days myself, OST had no idea where to go, it had so many things wrong with it. chief of them was they already used much of the material they borrowed from the Tim Powers novel : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_Stranger_Tides

there were things they could have added but the crew seemed burnt out to me. maybe they needed a higher budget too.

this one feels like the original more so far..i'm already wondering where i can get a replica of Poseidon's Trident...

This was one of many, many previews shown before my opening night viewing of GOTG, and it got an audible sigh from many people in the theater. Visually, it just seems off. The CGI looks terrible, and sadly as a fan of the original...I see nothing in any of the previews I have seen that make me feel one bit excited to see this. Between the terrible Spanish pirate CGI and zombie sharks jumping over Sparrows boat...what were they thinking?!

So...if you KNOW it's going to suck, why in God's name would you spend your hard earned money to go see it?!

I don't see these big budget movies to have my life changed, I'm just there to be entertained with friends for a little bit. I wouldn't see half of the new superhero movies if I was always trying to see a great movie. Most movies that come out and are the most popular aren't the best, and I know that, and I'm okay with that.

What I liked about the first one was that, even though he was a slurring, prancing fool, he was still a badass at heart. POTC 2 & 3 went waaay overboard (pun intended) with the buffoonery rendering Captain Jack Sparrow a feeble nincompoop. I was hoping they'd get back to his swashbuckling roots but there's an awful lot of buffoonery in the trailer. Not looking good at this point, but you never know.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back