TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt *SHREDDER*

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt **WAIT NO MORE**

Easily the best TMNT replica costume out there. :thumbsup

Steller paintwork!

Thanks Monteburns!

The paintwork credit goes to Jacob. He did a fantastic job:thumbsup

RAPHAEL UPDATE

Been reworking the sculpt and its getting closer.

file-135.jpg

file-138.jpg

file-136.jpg

file-137.jpg

Bring on the CRITIQUES! :love

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt **Raphael**

I think you are on the right track. The jaw line looks much better.

The one things I see still is what Rambo's mom said, " the eyebrows are too arched, try sculpting them in almost a straight line."

I really think that would make a good default face for him.
When you get to detailing don't forget the scar on his face.

hey there! the michelangelo suit turned out really great. it's easily the best turtles costume out there and the raph sculpt is coming along nicely. i've got a few suggestions, if you want some additional feedback. i did a very rough photoshop edit of your sculpt.

- add more material to the eyebrows (mostly top but also bottom). i don't think you need to show the entire eye for raph.
- slightly reduce the length of the mouth.
- move the mouth up (this will give him a bigger chin/jaw without having to add more clay down there).
- the top of the head should be a little more symmetrical (i added a little material to the right side of his dome).
- reduce the size of the eyes by 5-10% (if you can do this i think it will help, if you were planning to use the same eyes mikey has maybe push them a little farther back into raph's head?)
- change the slant of the eyelids (mostly the left eye) for better symmetry.

all the little tweaks and adjustments are what can make or break a great likeness. these details will help this costume stand out from your previous one. hopefully it helps you capture their distinct personalities and stuff.

i hope this helps, i love seeing the progress photos. keep up the good work!

:thumbsup

I think you are on the right track. The jaw line looks much better.

The one things I see still is what Rambo's mom said, " the eyebrows are too arched, try sculpting them in almost a straight line."

I really think that would make a good default face for him.
When you get to detailing don't forget the scar on his face.

hey there! the michelangelo suit turned out really great. it's easily the best turtles costume out there and the raph sculpt is coming along nicely. i've got a few suggestions, if you want some additional feedback. i did a very rough photoshop edit of your sculpt.

- add more material to the eyebrows (mostly top but also bottom). i don't think you need to show the entire eye for raph.
- slightly reduce the length of the mouth.
- move the mouth up (this will give him a bigger chin/jaw without having to add more clay down there).
- the top of the head should be a little more symmetrical (i added a little material to the right side of his dome).
- reduce the size of the eyes by 5-10% (if you can do this i think it will help, if you were planning to use the same eyes mikey has maybe push them a little farther back into raph's head?)
- change the slant of the eyelids (mostly the left eye) for better symmetry.

all the little tweaks and adjustments are what can make or break a great likeness. these details will help this costume stand out from your previous one. hopefully it helps you capture their distinct personalities and stuff.

i hope this helps, i love seeing the progress photos. keep up the good work!

:thumbsup

I appreciate both of your input very much! I just hope I can get these changes to portray the personality of Raph.

Here's the changes that were suggested if it needs to be more dramatic or less, please let me know.

file-139.jpg

The texture will help tremendously! The scar will not be forgotten:)

THANKS!

No critiques yet....
Here's some other shots I had taken, probably will texture soon if nothing needs changed.

file-142.jpg
file-141.jpg
file-140.jpg

I like how the face is looking. I wasn't sure what to say until I saw it from a higher angle.
I really wanted to see how the new brow effected the eyes when light hit it. I was hoping that it would put a bit of a shadow over his eye and it did.
I like that the eye lids are more visible than your Michelangelo's. It makes it look more real.
Maybe you could bring his upper eye lid down a tad too?
This is looking very nice. :D

It's clear that you have improved your sculpting skills a great deal since this project started! It looks stunning! Just like the real deal! :)

it's looking good from the 3/4 view. you can definitely tell it's raph. the only critique i still have is to work on the top of the head. there seems to be a hard edge on the back of the head just above the bandana. maybe try smoothing it out a little. also looking at the front view the left side of the head has more clay than the right side. you should try and even it out.

have you looked at your sculpture in a mirror? it's a great way to find asymmetry problems.

good luck.

i ordered a suit from custompropsculptor 2 yrs ago and havent gotten mine.......yours is WAYYY better!!!!! i live 20 mins from dallas and would love to see this in person!!!!

i ordered a suit from custompropsculptor 2 yrs ago and havent gotten mine.......yours is WAYYY better!!!!! i live 20 mins from dallas and would love to see this in person!!!!

Wow, that is a major bummer! I am sorry to hear that. I have lost money in the prop buying game too, so I get where you are coming from.

These guys put the most effort I have ever seen into making that Michelangelo. They fact they used silicon instead of foam latex for the body should tell you that these builds are a labor of love.

I am 40 mins from Dallas. So if they ever want to show up at A-kon, Animefest, All-con, or the Dallas comic con I would show up just to see the build.:thumbsup

dont forget the scar, look good though!

OF COARSE!

I like how the face is looking. I wasn't sure what to say until I saw it from a higher angle.
I really wanted to see how the new brow effected the eyes when light hit it. I was hoping that it would put a bit of a shadow over his eye and it did.
I like that the eye lids are more visible than your Michelangelo's. It makes it look more real.
Maybe you could bring his upper eye lid down a tad too?
This is looking very nice. :D

Thanks again! I'll give the eye lids another look over!

Fantastic job man...
Thanks!

It's clear that you have improved your sculpting skills a great deal since this project started! It looks stunning! Just like the real deal! :)

It's almost funny how practice helps! haha
Thank you and keep up the good work on your build!

it's looking good from the 3/4 view. you can definitely tell it's raph. the only critique i still have is to work on the top of the head. there seems to be a hard edge on the back of the head just above the bandana. maybe try smoothing it out a little. also looking at the front view the left side of the head has more clay than the right side. you should try and even it out.

have you looked at your sculpture in a mirror? it's a great way to find asymmetry problems.

good luck.

Thanks again! I will get to it. I have been using my iphone camera to check symmetry. The eyes will lie to you, when looking at it in person.

Sorry to hear that. There is currently only 2 copies of this Mikey.... one happens to be in Frisco!

Wow, that is a major bummer! I am sorry to hear that. I have lost money in the prop buying game too, so I get where you are coming from.

These guys put the most effort I have ever seen into making that Michelangelo. They fact they used silicon instead of foam latex for the body should tell you that these builds are a labor of love.

I am 40 mins from Dallas. So if they ever want to show up at A-kon, Animefest, All-con, or the Dallas comic con I would show up just to see the build.:thumbsup

Maybe I need to go to a con... never been. A con near Dallas would be an easy trip. Depends on when it is, HOPEFULLY I can get all the Turtles complete by then. That's a stretch though.

Wooow, the whole costume looks amazing! What did you use to get the texture of the skin?

Nice pieces. A signature feature of Raphael was the fact that his upper lip had an upwards dip at the center, unlike Leonardo, whose upper lip dipped down to a point in that same spot. Good to see some love for the original movie versions of these characters.

that's amazing lol . just wondering if you could sell the hole costume, how much

dextarfx.com . Here is his build thread http://www.therpf.com/f24/ninja-turtle-suit-working-mouth-75747/ .
He sells his for $3000 according to this video Me on stage in Raphael Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles costume - YouTube .

The skin on this Michelangelo and Raphael is all silicon , and the shipping would have to be factored in too. Not to mention that the heads and bodies are aimed at replicating the likeness of the TMNT from the movies.

A build like this would have to be around $8000 including shipping if it where for sell.

That is my estimate.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back