Kurtyboy's project updates: 24 July - More blasters

Re: Project updates 15 July - Father and son.

fatherandson1.jpg

"Take a deep breath, Luke. Now go talk to her... introduce yourself and say her hair smells nice. You can do this!"

I once bought a set of those wooden hands and found them far too small to be of any use for a male "standard-size" mannequin, let alone a DV
Do they offer these in various sizes evetually?

Markus

I got the basic idea for the posable arms here:
http://www.planetreplicas.com/#!Cre...ay/c1dzq/01D12D22-2EAC-4D76-854B-CA5D1FE49607

For the hands I used articulated wooden artist hands.

Thinking of doing the same arms on Leia but they might not look pretty under a thin gown. The vader costume hides them well.

I once bought a set of those wooden hands and found them far too small to be of any use for a male "standard-size" mannequin, let alone a DV
Do they offer these in various sizes evetually?

Markus
The ones I got are listed as adult. Could still do with being a few inches longer but the gloves hide it
They do need modified though as the fingers are too close together for leather gloves.

Project updates 17 Sept - MGC blasters

I've been busy working on some non-prop stuff for a while. But here are some blasters I'm working on...

Screen used version of the Greedo Killer. Real MGC, scope (the super rare version with no front bell) and flash hider plus Solo Hold's excellent new kit.
MGCGK1.jpg

Pictured with my Visual Dictionary version which is also an MGC with real scope (front bell removed) and flash hider but Corellianexports' kit.
MGCGK2.jpg

This MGC will probably end up as the ESB Hoth version utilizing Boba Debt's kit, but if I decide to do the Bespin version I have both types of scope.
MGCESB.jpg

RotJ MGC, the one with 1 1/2 scope rings. Boba Debt kit, but I replaced the machined rear scope bell with a real one. Black plastic pistons by Lichtbringer and scope tip by Corellianexports.
MGCROTJ.jpg

Re: Project updates 17 Sept - MGC blasters

Finally! I started wondering when you'd put up WIP pics of these!

Is that a real Hoth disc? It looks great, I need to find one lol

Very nice! I'd heard there were places reproducing the bearing.

I may have accidentally found a real one for free...are we guessing the real Hoth had a spacer with three holes or did this cover a center screw ala Bespin?

are we guessing the real Hoth had a spacer with three holes or did this cover a center screw ala Bespin?

Flip a coin - one guess is as good as each other. :lol

Nice looking, Marcus. :thumbsup Is it the receiver i milled the side details?

Three holes in the spacer would be my guess, and that's what BD is going with on his run.

Aye, that's the one, Michael :)

Flip a coin - one guess is as good as each other. :lol

Nice looking, Marcus. :thumbsup Is it the receiver i milled the side details?

Good to see it done, Marcus. :D

Most of these small screws laying around are rather short .... and i don´t think they ordered longer just for this task, so i assume it was a covering detail to simulate the knob detail from the other brackets.

But that is just my guess as a mechanic for the original. For a replica the way with 3 holes that BD decided to do is as good as any way, as we will never know for sure. Same for the spacers, they are also more guess than anything, and maybe we will some day find out that they have to be done again.

Gotcha. I do think it's hilarious the screws the original comes with are uber tiny.

Project updates 7 Oct - Blaster update.

Another blaster complete - just needs final coat of black. I call this one the V2.
ESBA2951.jpg

And hoping to import this from Germany. They are impossible to find in the UK and this is the only half decent affordable one I can find in Europe that will ship to (a licensed dealer in) the UK. Hoping it looks good after a re-bluing. When you've been looking for one of these for as long as I have, beggars can't be choosers!
C96.jpg

Project updates 8 Oct - Blaster update. Short barrel MGC???

Yes, the STG44 is a Denix which was a perfect choice for the long ammo version. I've got a diecast metal one from Markus (with no mag) for the V1.

Still haven't been able to finalize the C96 deal but hoping I receive an invoice tomorrow. Was hoping to get one today, but nothing. It's all been a PITA trying to find a seller that will ship abroad and then find a licensed dealer here that can accept such a thing and deactivate it for me.

Also got a real vintage Thorens disc a few days ago after being prompted to find one by Tom's recent post!
esbdisc.jpg

And... found another MGC, this one in France. Until now I had no idea there was a short barrel version. Wish I had known a few days ago because I could've used the short one for my RotJ without having to cut the barrel and used the long one for Bespin. Dammit!!!
short_mgc.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back