Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release)

I am sorry if I've missed this topic, but whenever I search amazon for "Rogue One Blu Ray" I get this thud that says the blu-ray is unavailable.

IMG_9089.JPG

Weeks ago I assumed it was to drive up downloads; so I gave up and ordered from Target.

I then started wondering if Amazon has some glitch that is costing them millions.

Now my self-doubt is so huge, I'm just wondering if I've officially gone senile and someone will be by to snag keyboard.

Has anyone ordered a Rogue One blu-ray from Amazon?

There are supposedly two exclusive featurettes on the Target 3D set. I bought the standard Blu-Ray from Target so I didn't get to see them. Hope someone uploads them.

Thought it was pretty funny to see two imperials in the extras playing some card game with little crystals as bets. These are totally those plastic fish tank gems you can get at Walmart.

IMG_0797.JPG

There are supposedly two exclusive featurettes on the Target 3D set. I bought the standard Blu-Ray from Target so I didn't get to see them. Hope someone uploads them.
In the regular Blu-Ray, too. It's directly under the Blu-Ray disc on mine. Maybe they put it behind the DVD instead on yours.

One featurette is fluffy and brief, but the other is over an hour long and quite good.

In the regular Blu-Ray, too. It's directly under the Blu-Ray disc on mine. Maybe they put it behind the DVD instead on yours.

One featurette is fluffy and brief, but the other is over an hour long and quite good.

I'll check again, but I cannot find Inside the Creature Shop (6:02) and Digital Storytelling (4:31 on my Target standard blu-ray version.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wrong, it was indeed only for the 3D set. What I described is the normal bonus disc. I made a point of going to Target for nothing! LOL
I guess I'm okay paying 5 bucks less for 10:33 less of extras.

Liked this movie a LOT more third time through. Tarkin was easier to squint through on the smaller screen (I have a 55"). The sound quality was AMAZING. I've gone from really disliking this movie on first viewing to liking it better on second viewing to being totally on board last night. I'm glad I warmed up to it.

Did not like how two BR discs are stacked on top of each other in the package. Seems like it's asking for a scratch.

I was not really referring to pre-orders, just what is on the site now, 4/5. I was checking prices on Amazon against Target and saw that Rogue One was sold out at Amazon, which is odd a day after the official release.

I was not really referring to pre-orders, just what is on the site now, 4/5. I was checking prices on Amazon against Target and saw that Rogue One was sold out at Amazon, which is odd a day after the official release.
Recent Disney releases like Dr. Strange and Moana are also out of stock at Amazon (not "sold out"). The second link I posted wasn't the best representation - this one might be better.

I am actually enjoying re-watching this multiple times, which I typically have only done with the original trilogy. Enjoyed all the characters for the most part. Not sure that it was essential to include Jimmy Smitts, aka Basil Oregeno.

I am actually enjoying re-watching this multiple times, which I typically have only done with the original trilogy. Enjoyed all the characters for the most part. Not sure that it was essential to include Jimmy Smitts, aka Basil Oregeno.

Prequel love or lack of, most would recognize the character and it makes for some foreshadowing for Leia to appear.

He's one of the founder's of the Rebel Alliance, so he's as important as Mon Mothma.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back