Bandai release schedule

Well the movie is now just four months away. I would suspect we should probably start seeing banners, plaques, shrouded/blurred images of models coming out. Pics of the Hasbro toy line have started leaking out. The costumes and ships have been revealed at Star Wars Celebration along with several trailers. I would think, if Bandai even has the license*, that we should at least start hearing something soon.

* Has Bandai even announced they have the rights for Rogue?

Well the movie is now just four months away. I would suspect we should probably start seeing banners, plaques, shrouded/blurred images of models coming out. Pics of the Hasbro toy line have started leaking out. The costumes and ships have been revealed at Star Wars Celebration along with several trailers. I would think, if Bandai even has the license*, that we should at least start hearing something soon.

* Has Bandai even announced they have the rights for Rogue?

It looks like Force Friday will be on 30 Sept this year.

Bandai didn't announce they had the TFA license until Force Friday last year. (FWIW)

Well that sounds like a logical first announcement date. Lets all cross our finger that Bandai has it!!!!

I'll be happy if Bandai has the Rogue One license, and even more happy if Not-Lucasfilm listens to consumers and doesn't keep giving Revell the exclusive North American market. It's going to be soul crushing to see Revell snap kits with cheesy sound modules of the U-wing and TIE striker on shelves at Target on September 30th. Ugh. How hard is it to have Bandai print their boxes and instructions in English and sell them at Target instead?

Also, if we get a Bandai TIE Striker before we get a TIE Bomber or a B-Wing, there is no God.

The instructions appear to show the arms as movable, but they're shown as one piece on the sprues!! How does that work?
Unless the Japanese in the black boxes is telling you to cut something first???

Speaking of droids I think it would be amazing to see an Imperial probe droid kit, its probably my favorite droid in all of Star Wars. I know there are some garage kits that are occasionally available but they are super expensive. I'm a little surprised they haven't come out with this kit since you see them in Rebels and I think Clone Wars also had them.

I'm still waiting on the B-wing. I'm glad they put out the A-wing finally.

The instructions appear to show the arms as movable, but they're shown as one piece on the sprues!! How does that work?

Looks like they've been designed with the articulation molded in, much like the Real Grade series Gundam kits. You might have to be careful of where you cut, bt once you "pop" the joints and put them through their range of motion, the droid should be quite flexible.

I still wish it was released as a 2-pack instead of the STAP.

I still wish it was released as a 2-pack instead of the STAP.

I like having the STAP available, because you know if they'd just released a battle droid two pack people would say, "Yeah, but it would be cool if we had a STAP." But I agree, a separate battle droid two pack, maybe with one in the AOTC reddish color, would be suh-weet.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of droids I think it would be amazing to see an Imperial probe droid kit

This. Bandai could make an awesome probe droid. It seems like a no-brainer. Just as long as we get a B-Wing and a TIE Bomber first. :D

Yeah, I think they're breaking the mold (pardon the cheesy pun) on molding models here.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back