Y-Wing Parts Map for the "Green Leader" Project - open source

Re: Y-Wing Parts Map for the "Green Leader" Project

Guys, if you continue, we are simply going to start banning you until this stops. I don't know how to be any more plain and direct than that. There is no need for this pettiness (and please, don't insult us by feigning ignorance... you know what you are doing as well as we do) and there is no reason to throw away your place within this community over something so small. Let's all move on toward better things... but if not, just let us know and we will be more than happy to close your account now.

Ok...wow. Tough post to follow. Hopefully we can get this post back on track.

Scott Graham loaned me a piece of his Holgate and Reynolds sheet to mold for this project. It has taken a while, he has been very patient with me. :)

Does anyone have a survey of the various chip sizes that get used? I want to make castings available, but do not really know how much people will need. I would normally be happy to include plenty of extra, but this stuff is kind of a pain in the rear to cast.

The best pictures I have seen are those being used for the part maps in post one, but they do not do not show all of the chips. If anyone could give me ideas of the needed chip sizes (either individual chips or one big one that would be enough for one Y) that would be great.

Here is a pic of one of the castings.

DSC07315_zpswioh8b4q.jpg

THAT is an idea I have heard every one muse doing and no one ever did - so heck yeah, you are blazing a trail!
I'd be down for a bunch just to "have on hand"!

And those ones :

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h203/monsieurtox/Mobile Uploads/image_zpstdmeqsfp.jpeg

Those are the last parts Ive not been able to ID.

Thank you.

[strike]I realized I have a different view I think of the piece you were wondering about. I got this image from Resin Illuminati. Ignore the red text and Mauretania question. That was just a piece of the image. I have looked at tons of 1/76 Fujimi and 1/48 Bandai but don't think I saw the right one. But it looks really close to the Fujimi Jagdpanther piece used on the underside. [/strike]

And while looking I found that last piece on the engine assembly I was wondering about. It's from the Tamiya 1/35 Panzer VI 'Tiger I':
engine_piece.jpg

Last edited:

In that first pic you can see Mauritania and centurion parts on the back of the 8 rad chassis of the neck, can't you?!

So, I know this is kind of rookie question, but are the engine thrust cones the Saturn V LEM shroud? Or just a generic cone shape?

They are the Saturn V, plus the ring below, and the shroud is trimmed. The newer Airfix kits are re tooled and don't have the same raised lines and chips as the vintage kit.

It's not really noticeable from a distance but they are there.

Cheers

Last edited:

So, I know this is kind of rookie question, but are the engine thrust cones the Saturn V LEM shroud? Or just a generic cone shape?

Yes it's from from the Airfix Saturn V,for accuracy you need the old tooling not the new1.
Got my 1st vintage Saturn recently for my X-wing project,I can tell the proportion and details are quite different.

Don

View attachment 646644

Would this piece happen to be from the Aurora HMS King George? Maybe it's late and I'm seeing things but I thought it looked very similar to a piece I can kind of make out in eBay images...
These are the KGV parts, with approximate dimensions annotated, and a close-up shot. I'll get some clearer pics on the weekend.
The upright bits must have been cut off if these are the correct parts. Julien may have better photo ref to show the part details better.
Img_2303_sml_txt.jpg Funnels_Cropped.jpg
I'm not sure that the curve profile is correct though.....

No probs Julien. I didn't think the part was correct once I saw it, I just happened to have the KGV at home.
Does the real part have raised criss-cross lines on the square bit to the side?

Is there a reason you need to insert the smart a $$ comments? Sorry I don't have the pictures and info that you do. I'm only a mortal on this forum.

This is coming from my phone, expect errors.

I think your phone auto-corrected "talent and generosity" incorrectly. Might be time for an upgrade...

Seriously, a lot of people have the pictures and info, very few are as dedicated and eagle-eyed as Julien.

Scott,
I would just make a piece that's maybe 4"x6", something that will fit in a standard envelope. Then people can order 1,2,3,etc.. and it'll still be easy to ship between two pieces of card and not cost a fortune. As Jason said, we're all going to order a few pieces just to have on hand :)

L

Ok...wow. Tough post to follow. Hopefully we can get this post back on track.

Scott Graham loaned me a piece of his Holgate and Reynolds sheet to mold for this project. It has taken a while, he has been very patient with me. :)

Does anyone have a survey of the various chip sizes that get used? I want to make castings available, but do not really know how much people will need. I would normally be happy to include plenty of extra, but this stuff is kind of a pain in the rear to cast.

The best pictures I have seen are those being used for the part maps in post one, but they do not do not show all of the chips. If anyone could give me ideas of the needed chip sizes (either individual chips or one big one that would be enough for one Y) that would be great.

Here is a pic of one of the castings.

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t430/silentj1/HR Brick/DSC07315_zpswioh8b4q.jpg

I've been busy but I updated some of the maps recently and am working on a new one or two, have to clarify something on one before posting it. I hate accidentally posting a map with incorrect kit namings.

Revised Left Engine:
View attachment 626638

Use post #125(hanomag piece not fully represented) OR #137 for the 00 Harrows assembly area. Pick your preference.
another item I'm interested in is the square piece to the right of this image ( the area with the Yamoto pieces on it) is this part of the Saturn 5 engine or is it a m113 front armour or train carriage roof , cannot decide .

big dog I've also been trying to imaging what the triangular piece sitting on the kettenkrad hitch is, I'll post up some ideas and let's see if we can crack it

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back