New Hot Toys Releases

I'm actually a little disappointed in the Ripley likeness. The hair's too "fluffy-big." The figure looks closest to the real Sigourney in the photo Willie posted above - with the flame thrower.

I was never into collecting the 1/6th scale figures (price and space limitations). I thought the jump from Star Wars 3.75" to the Black Series 6" was going to kill me.

Then I see this Marty McFly...My interest peaked, I browsed through Sideshow/Hot Toy's website. And lo and behold, I saw at least a dozen things that I now must own.

Perhaps I should sell a kidney? :wacko

If they get to do Ripley then my wallet's in a world of hurt if they get their mits on Big Chap. I'm gearing up to waste my money on their Penguin and Catwoman figures (if they got the Returns Batman coming up, why not?) and even more so if they ever do the original Predator.

They are very expensive, but think of how much funnier it is to do stuff like this with more realism in the sculpts:

IMG_0808.jpg

How it usually goes....

1. I will never buy a "doll" or pay that much.
2. Damn that looks amazing, I will buy just this one because that is my favorite character and this is so good!
3. What is the next Hot Toy coming out?!!!!! Take my money!

CessnaDriver - You totally got that right.

I am a SS Premium Format preference, but the quality and likeness of the characters they have done has been really spotty. Any ones I look forward to either get the pose completely botched up, or the face doesn't even look close and I will opt out.

My very first HT Was Man of Steel. I wanted to get a Premium Format size, but I was just bothered that at a 1/4 scale Sideshow couldn't nail it, but HT at 1:6 was just dead on. Despite the higher price tag I gave it a shot. When I received it in-hand it looked a lot different than in internet pictures in that it was just really impressive and something to appreciate. HT really set the bar now and at current I have like 5 more HT on order for Guardians of the Galaxy, Iron Man, and Thor. I am seriously considering the Dolorean as well.
The news of their Star Wars license makes me both extremely excited and extremely scared of my wallet, hahaha!

HT though.... If you're on the fence, just order one and see for yourself. These are one of those properties that will hold their value, and in many/most cases value goes up. Once you see just how much care and attention to detail goes into them you'll want more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree about the quality, i thought i was looking at screenshots of the Resident Evil games and not photos of the figures. I'd love a small Milla Jovovich Alice from the RE movies too lol

Pre-orders for Marty McFly are up! If you get him through Sideshow, he comes with a bonus guitar, too.

$225 is quite a bit to digest, but I caved. I've been good with my money this year, so I don't feel as bad.

I won't cave on that Delorean, though. As amazing as it is, it is just too big to fit anywhere, and I'm sure the price will be astronomical.
I won't do it, I say!

I've also preordered a Marty. I've been waiting for something Bttf related like this for years. It'll be my first step into the Hot toys world, March 2015 cannot come soon enough.

I'm so tempted by Groot and Rocket, especially with the potted version of Groot...I'm afraid I would end up buying the whole team and that would leave me sleeping in my car. Plus the die cast Mark III doesn't cost as much as I thought it would...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back