Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Star Wars.com released an image of the new product packaging.
Love the new hairdo! I wonder if she changed her robes, too? They look more billowing than I remember. Also, the lightsaber changed again. They got rid of the rivets in the grips and the button on top that should be red is instead black. Interesting...

Its quite possible, (and I would unofficially say certain) that the lightsaber hasn't changed at all. You can't trust packaging as a reliable source... there is more going here than you think.

Also, the lightsaber changed again. They got rid of the rivets in the grips and the button on top that should be red is instead black. Interesting...

Rey liked the rivets just fine.

Hey, Star Wars always had a tendency to change little details on the Lightsabers from movie to movie. Maybe Rey didn't like the rivets.

How do we know there wasn't Stormtroopers of different divisions had slightly different designs already? Just because we saw some of them doesn't mean we've seen all of them. Even in the real world different divisions/regiments can have slightly different armor or uniforms simultaneously.

Last edited:
Guys. Mike Zeroh literally sits at home making stuff up for clicks/revenue on his retarded YouTube channel. Please disregard any and all articles that even mention his name or refer to his page. You know it's gonna be total BS if you see his name mentioned. .

Guys. Mike Zeroh literally sits at home making stuff up for clicks/revenue on his retarded YouTube channel. Please disregard any and all articles that even mention his name or refer to his page. You know it's gonna be total BS if you see his name mentioned. .

Dude exactly... he doesn't even follow any Star Wars canon outside of the movies...

His channel is nothing more then a beg and plead for "like and subscribe"

Every single video is click bait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really surprised there hasn't been a teaser or anything yet. By this time with TFA we had a teaser the November before. Guess Rogue One kinda changes how they promote these now.

Really surprised there hasn't been a teaser or anything yet. By this time with TFA we had a teaser the November before. Guess Rogue One kinda changes how they promote these now.

No, more accurate to say TFA was unique in regards to the marketing effort. R1 and Last Jedi are simply reverting to more standard practice. TFA was a once in a generation moment.

They know what they're doing. They've gotta give Joe public breathing time. You can't go from marketing juggernaut like rogue one directly into promoting last Jedi. People are very easily put off. Especially the scale and aggressive omnipresence of Star Wars once the marketing machine does kick into gear.

I've a sneaking suspicion we will get some small teaser before celebration and then they'll have a full trailer at celebration (that they'll probably only show at celebration not general release) but that's what, two months away?

They know what they're doing. They've gotta give Joe public breathing time. You can't go from marketing juggernaut like rogue one directly into promoting last Jedi. People are very easily put off. Especially the scale and aggressive omnipresence of Star Wars once the marketing machine does kick into gear.

I've a sneaking suspicion we will get some small teaser before celebration and then they'll have a full trailer at celebration (that they'll probably only show at celebration not general release) but that's what, two months away?

It will make its way online.It always does somehow.

No, more accurate to say TFA was unique in regards to the marketing effort. R1 and Last Jedi are simply reverting to more standard practice. TFA was a once in a generation moment.

Pretty sure the prequels had trailers out well before now as well. And with E1 being '99, that's the same basic generation sine 17 yeas isn't a hole generation :)

Yeah I was thinking about that today... No matter how amazing this next trailer is, I can't see myself being as excited.

Not to say it won't be amazing... that it won't be better than TFA as a movie... just that build up to TFA was magical...

With a movie a year, it will eventually just become hyped like Marvel movies.... there will certainly be interest, but I doubt I'll be as emotionally invested after 8 rolls out...

Yeah I was thinking about that today... No matter how amazing this next trailer is, I can't see myself being as excited.

Not to say it won't be amazing... that it won't be better than TFA as a movie... just that build up to TFA was magical...

With a movie a year, it will eventually just become hyped like Marvel movies.... there will certainly be interest, but I doubt I'll be as emotionally invested after 8 rolls out...
I'm excited for the next one because JJ isn't directing and I feel like we're now in uncharted territory, story-wise

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

TBH I still think they should have let this trilogy come out unbroken and then move onto the standalones for two or three years before possibly going back to do the next trilogy.

Kathleen Kennedy did say they'll eventually be releasing 2 or even 3 films a year though so..

TBH I still think they should have let this trilogy come out unbroken and then move onto the standalones for two or three years before possibly going back to do the next trilogy.

Kathleen Kennedy did say they'll eventually be releasing 2 or even 3 films a year though so..

I think thats the plan

J

I think I would prefer a two year break between the main trilogy. (As well as a time jump between films)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Of course, if one of the future films goes into the toilet (or even underachieves against expectations), all bets are off. The Disney powers-that-be will weenie out and just stop pouring money into the franchise. Or just make the planned films, but at a much reduced budget.

Second thought: Disney is so invested in the Star Wars franchise, with all the theme park tie-ins and merchandising, and ancillary investments such as buying LucasFilm at an eye-watering figure, that they might just keep pumping out the films to hold up the interest in the Star Wars world to protect their position.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back