Ghost in the Shell

I was tempted to get the art book but didn't see enough to justify 30.00 and I can't make myself give this train wreck of a movie any money so I bought the anime art books instead. This doesn't look any closer to the source material than that terrible Ghost in the Shell Arise anime.

Well, this is what happens when people complain about using a western actress for a character with a Japanese name...

Never mind the fact that she's a full body replacement cyborg, so it wouldn't matter AT ALL what she looked like in relation to her name.

Cool poster. There is a pretty sweet IMAX poster out there as well.

gitsposter.jpg

http://conceptartworld.com/books/the-art-of-ghost-in-the-shell/

Just saw this on conceptartworld.com - so she's not Motoko Kusanagi. :unsure

"The Art of Ghost in the Shell features the artwork behind the creation of Ghost in the Shell, the live-action film that brings to life the adventures of cybernetic detective Major Mira Killian and her crack cyberterrorism squad, Section 9."

This is a stupid and pointless change. Just because she doesnt look Asian doesnt mean she couldn't still have the Asian name. DUMB.

Well that is just stupid.

Keep every other name . . . but change hers?

It was hinted at in some of the various source material that she may have had a different name previously... so maybe this is a reflection of that?

It may also be that the name released is a cover name, or a red herring. Dunno... but we should wait and see before we start crying whitewashed again.

Last edited:
Another watered down pg13 movie that throws out most of the interesting bits of the source material for all the action parts and half of those look like they came literally out of the 1997 animated movie. Another popcorn movie dumbed down for teenagers.

Another watered down pg13 movie that throws out most of the interesting bits of the source material for all the action parts and half of those look like they came literally out of the 1997 animated movie. Another popcorn movie dumbed down for teenagers.

So you've seen the entire film already?

People are definitely entitled to their opinion but the norm seems to just trash everything these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back