ANH / ESB Lightsaber Hardware terms?

The14thDr

Sr Member
For my next build I'm putting together a Luke Skywalker lightsaber using hardware parts, but I have no idea what to search for to get some of the parts.

For example, the t-tracks? I've been search eBay and Amazon for over half an hour but I haven't found anything suitable purely because I'm not sure what to search for (funnily enough, "t tracks" brings up anything but the t-tracks I've been looking for :rolleyes)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1485373576.524302.jpg

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards, The14thDr

The grips were supposedly really dull windshield wiper blades for a vehicle. I would get Halliwax's input as he is a Library of Knowledge on anything lightsaber lol. Contact him for sure

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Wiper blades were disproven a ways back. It is either cabinet runner, or window draft excluded depending on what interview with Roger Christian you read.

And if you can find it in the wild you'll be a hero, cause people have been looking for decades.

Wiper blades were disproven a ways back. It is either cabinet runner, or window draft excluded depending on what interview with Roger Christian you read.

And if you can find it in the wild you'll be a hero, cause people have been looking for decades.
See? I didn't know that lol. I havnt been a big saber maker in years..

There are extruded styrene T-sections of the right size, molded in white. Styrene is a little brittle however.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Tssss . . . windshield wiper blades . . . if you want something closer to home and need a little work go find plastic rakes with a T-shape in your hardware and garden center ... preferably black ...

Plastic-Rake-14H-16H-.gif

... otherwise for some research and my vintage T-tracks from real cupboards from the UK found in the wild here's a nice read : http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=253797 ... I endorse the ANH set offered by Roy though ... and his blueprint under goodies :)

Chaïm

There are a few people that make T track in this community. Roy's is pretty wonderful.
There is also Todds Costumes here in the US - it has a unique profile and is very low cost.
and GINO offers highly accurate, more expensive track.

Other than calculators, Romans Empire and Roy both make bubble strip replicas.

Today I finally ordered the 1 1/2" aluminium tubing for my hardware saber build.

While Roy's parts really do look awesome (and I have nothing against what he has for sale) but for this one I'm trying to work on as small a budget as I can, using all hardware store parts (or making my own where possible.)

While this means mine won't be 100% accurate, or even as good as the other replicas on this site, I hope it'll add some character.

Oh, and I've also got my hands on some old windscreen wiper blades for the hand grips. [emoji4]

Last edited:
Today I finally ordered the 1 1/2" aluminium tubing for my hardware saver build.

While Roy's parts really do look awesome (and I have nothing against what he has for sale) but for this one I'm trying to work on as small a budget as I can, using found parts (or making my own where possible.)

While this means mine won't be 100% accurate, or even as good as the other replicas on this site, I hope it'll add some character.

Oh, and I've also got my hands on some old windscreen wiper blades for the hand grips. :)
Where did you get the windshield wiper blades? Been looking for a good set

Where did you get the windshield wiper blades? Been looking for a good set

If you're in the U.K., car shops like Halfords sell replacement wiper blades (I'm not sure on the US equivalent of Halfords though). The ones I got were an old set from my friend's car when he replaced the blades.

Does anyone have any experience with making the hilt from scratch using aluminium tubing? I've no idea how to cut out the shape of the emitter shroud, so I wondered if anyone here had any advice or had done this themselves?
fe8b39945b1ff37de77fa99b6bf74ab5.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back