Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

I really don't think Luke was ever a Jedi. He was really trained by Yoda and Kenobi in a vacuum, with any knowledge on a need to know basis.

They realized how wrong the Jedi were (and this is incredibly clear on the clone wars) and how, in many ways, that didn't deserve to win

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I really don't think Luke was ever a Jedi. He was really trained by Yoda and Kenobi in a vacuum, with any knowledge on a need to know basis.

They realized how wrong the Jedi were (and this is incredibly clear on the clone wars) and how, in many ways, that didn't deserve to win

Agree with this. Also like the Bendu and Whills ideas floated around.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I had a similar thought when I heard the title. Luke is not REALLY a Jedi. He's not indoctrinated in all their dogma, he's not carrying the baggage of the "midichlorian era" of the Jedi order. Had he been born a quarter century earlier he would have been, but I don't think he's really a Jedi. I think he's something more.
What if "The Last Jedi" isn't referring to Luke?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I LOVE the title.

It's ominous.

And I think it suggests major change. Change which I welcome, frankly.

I would not mind if, for example, the Jedi do indeed die out in this film...but are replaced by something newer and more vital. Something more about balance than about what the Jedi of old were about. (At least as depicted in the prequels, where they seemed more about ascetic denial of emotion, which ultimately came at their own expense.)

Star Wars EP IX : Guardians Of The Whills

Ya know, I bet it has something to do with the last Jedi or something like that.......:D:D:D.......sorry, I couldn't resist the obvious sarcasm.

Also, "when I die, the last of the Jedi you will be". But still, I think Luke's different. None of the Jedi baggage. Not exactly a Jedi.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

And of course we know Yoda and Ben both said a lot of things to nudge Luke to kill Vader, and saying that killing him was the last thing he needed to do to become a Jedi could have been just another one of those nudges, true or not.

Guys... Luke is referred to as the last jedi multiple times in TFA. Now that's not to say that he's a Jedi like we're used to, part of a corrupt political organization, maybe a different sort of jedi more how they 'used to be' before they went hypocritical.

What if "The Last Jedi" isn't referring to Luke?

To cover all possible scenarios, what if Snoke is the last Jedi? What if he is am old hardliner who believes that only he can can bring peace to the Galaxy, just like Anakin did? A fanatic who once was good and still believes that what he does is the best for everyone? Radicalism et al.

Obviously the whole "last of the Jedi you will be" thing has been done already.
I guess two billion dollars box office is hard to argue against just remake stuff again approach.
Even Rogue One isn't going to make that much.

THE LAST JEDI - TLJ = Yoda!
Yoda's coming back - with a vengean.... no wait that'd mean he has turned to the dark side, nevermind.

:p

It would be interesting to see the flip side of this and find out why the dark side of the force is a way some choose to follow and what sort of things they get from it. All we know is they use it to do bad, but as we've seen in Kylo Ren, there's also some conflict happening. I think there's a lot more to him that people criticize and it will get more interesting.

Like Yoda says: "if you choose the quick and easy path as Vader did" - the dark side is quicker and easier, people are lazy :p

If I had been living and existed in the SW universe(AND could manipulate/use the force) I would go the same route as Kyle Katarn, right in the middle between the light side and dark side, using both sides.

This.

I get the feeling that a big underlying concept in this new trilogy is that the Jedi is just a particular religion (and the Sith too, for that matter). These organized religions are not the only way to go about being a Force user/believer/etc.

Look at how they were seeding the idea in Rogue One with that blind Asian dude. He wasn't a Jedi but he was into the Force.

Except "The Force" and religion has nothing to do with each other. One can be observed and tested. The other can not. Call it a cult? Sure.

TFA-opening-crawl.jpg

Last Jedi said to be Luke in the TFA crawl and Snoke said it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back