The PORT MANDIBLE start post is just showing the parts before oiling, it's there to show what l cut off the runners and stuck down before oil weathering on that side. The mask on both pictures above is because I want to keep the pre-painted red mark covered.

It's the same weather process to all lve done and mentioned it in this thread so thought not to repeat of the build/info on the
STARBOARD MANDIBLE (P:28, bottom).

In the 2nd picture it shows Weathering done, kind of guide on its finish up to that point.
I've a video of sorts to show soon anyway.
If in doubt cover all oil black then rub any parts your doing, have fun, it's no true set A-B-Cs in this kind of method of weathering.
Btw had loads of problems uploading from PhotoBucket of late but will add more thread photo amendments to help you more soon.

Last edited:
Just watched your YouTube video mate. Didn't realise how much thinner/cleaner you applied after the oil application. I now see where I've been going wrong ( my panels are much darker than your posted ones ), I always assumed it was just the lighting in your photos! . Better understanding of it now though . Thanks for sharing your method

Thank you, l do try my best with the minimum of Effort (still lots tho!), spent years with the old prime/spray/paint then this beauty build comes along just right for oils and powder kits :). Maybe lm getting old and want a easier life! ;-). Anyway lm away in Barcelona for a week or so & will be itching to get back on finishing those mandibles when l return.

Thank you so much for this Thread and your incredible work, Darkview.
I was so afraid to paint the hull, but thanks to your technique it was
not such a big problem for a left handed person like me.
Look at the result of my first work:

Falconhull1.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Jordan, i will say thank you very very much for this omegasupreme thread!
You teach me to paint my Falcon,
to a upperclass level.
Greetings,
Kuat.
Edit: Change the Name, my mistake.

Last edited:
It's Jordan btw..Well ta very much :) ... it's all about passing on info & helping out and creating something we all love... there's some amazing works by many.

Last edited:
Here's the STARBOARD detail grub screw 8/32. I got from China for the one insert with L shape (Picture 2 right) Allen keys (you can pick them up from pound shops etc).... small details…you need to dremel thro the frame first.
6553c623be14b735755360f9245c13fa_zpsyup1ecbj.jpg

Last edited:
Simple push into the sides of the headlight electrical back gaps white tack (£1 shops). This will block out all leaks & eventually harden. l first painted all black the back before screwing in the light then added tack later, it can be easily be removed should in later time a bulb goes... the headlight stays in its place quite well for now (like above picture)
Mandible%20headlights_zpsx3z3fbsg.jpg

TIP: Label your wires J9 or whatever if you want quick easy tests to all the wires etc
Mandible%20headlights1_zpsi5ohhxit.jpg

Simple push into the sides of the headlight electrical back gaps white tack (£1 shops). This will block out all leaks & eventually harden. l first painted all black the back before screwing in the light then added tack later, it can be easily be removed should in later time a bulb goes... the headlight stays in its place quite well for now (like above picture)
http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr300/darkviewman/Mandible headlights_zpsx3z3fbsg.jpg

TIP: Label your wires J9 or whatever if you want quick easy tests to all the wires etc
http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr300/darkviewman/Mandible headlights1_zpsi5ohhxit.jpg

Labeling your lines is an EXCELLENT idea, especially if you plan on running additional light sources to the main board.

Have you looked into the misalignment issue that's been shown with the mandibles yet? Is it just the add-on pieces and pipes or is it the mandibles themselves?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back