Revell 1/32 Mk.2 Colonial Viper finished...

XS Hster

Hi guys,
it occurred to me that if one wants some feedback for a project, it might pay not to be too specific with the thread subject.

This model has been the subject of another thread labelled "Mk.2 Colonial Viper cockpit" if you want to check out some of the earlier "get to this point" work.

Anyway, here are the pics, and I would genuinely like some tactile feedback, even if your not a BSG lover.

20160926_140818.jpg20160926_140826.jpg20160926_140919.jpg20160926_141104_001.jpg20160926_141207.jpg20160926_142349.jpg20160926_144507.jpg20160926_144546.jpg20160926_144553.jpg20160926_140951.jpg

There's an awful lot of PE in this kit (Paragrafix - gorgeous), from engine wiring to Avionics bay dressing, to engine bell inserts. At the rear of the viper I scratched the modules necessary to run the wiring harnesses from - the Revell and Moebius kits both have the most atrocious rendering of this section ever, so I fixed it.

The Avionics bay vanes have also been modified to more accurately represent the studio version and not the bu*****t offering from the manufacturer.

All of the RCS thruster ports were drilled out as opposed to using the decals provided. Base was custom built using an Academy 1/48 HEXA stand, some scratched Colonial Viper insignia's and some nifty standoff posts with some perspex cut and polished to shape (using the full colour decals provided by Revell).

The work in this forum is, at times unreal. I am glad to contribute a small part towards that.

Peace out, Hster.

Last edited:
I have the kit at home, but have;t worked on it yet, so I am not too sure what visually what was modified from the original kit, but at any rate...

The weathering is fantastic. Looks prefect for the scale and very natural (i.e. looks weathered through actual use)

I like it! Didn't realize Revell did a Mk.2 kit, though. The Moebius one was the only kit I'd seen. Obviously, this one took a bit more effort to bring up to snuff. Good job. Handsome base, too.

R/ Robert

I like it! Didn't realize Revell did a Mk.2 kit, though. The Moebius one was the only kit I'd seen. Obviously, this one took a bit more effort to bring up to snuff. Good job. Handsome base, too.

R/ Robert

It's a reboxing of the Mobius kit but with far better decals.
Beautiful build and the lighting looks fantastic.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back