Fight Club Tyler Durden T-shirts?

Sorry smirk. I disagree. And I never said it was the same color. And yes, leather type can be identified by looking at them. Maybe not with 100% accuracy but you can get close. It just takes an open mind and having an eye for detail. We will always disagree on this subject

Quick example for you. These jackets are completely different colour, weight, texture and density. But photograph them under the same lighting conditions and they look exactly the same. Its impossible to pass judgement on photos alone.

Last edited:
I can tell by these photos that neither jacket was made in the same leather and underwent the same treatment as the jacket in the film. Its about the leather type and the treatment that was used on the leather when constructing the jacket. It's obvious that xmart's jacket was constructed from leather treated the way they did 70's jacket

Its not about the same "treatment" in the film, its about looking at picture of something and guessing the weight, structure and type of leather. If you can do that from a photograph you've either got an extremely overactive imagination or you're in the wrong business.

Danman is saying that your mind is closed because you don't want to infer any details from photographs alone. It's not impossible to gather details about weight, structure and leather type by photographs. One can tell by the photo you posted that they look like different types of leather, the one on the left looks much lighter in weight due to the wrinkles it has. The one on the left is holding its shape more.

Now with all that said, you are right that this is only someone's opinion and cannot be 100 percent accurate.

Oh. Well I disagree. Sorry.
Smirking, do disagree that I can identify similarities in the leather of the 70's blazer and xmart blazer? Or are you disagreeing that they may be made in the same leather type. And when I say leather type, I don't mean that I can with 100% accuracy indentify the differences in calf, cow, lamb, horsehide, ec. Do you disagree with my opinion or the fact that I have an opinion on the leather types. Do you not see the similarities? Are you disagreeing with me just to disagree?

WARNING! WARNING!! SARCASM ALERT!!! Yes i have a closed mind. anyone who knows me would testify to that. Its true. Ok, that's out of the way. Phew. Sorry, i don't believe you can because whenever I have received a jacket which i have seen on line before holding it in my hands, it has NEVER looked, felt, weighed or been how I imagined it be. Ever.

Last edited:
Soul I keep looking at your photo with the track pants. Dang man You do solid work!!! I can't help thinking what you could do with a Jonathan Logan jacket because you have made that one look amazing. Which jacket is that? Do you have any before photos that we can compare it to? And what all did you do to it? I'm half tempted to let you eff around with mine lol.

Thanks man. Yeah, this is just a cheapo jacket, no brand. I didn't want to ruin a nice one with all my experimenting. I'll give a rundown on everything I did to it soon. I still have a ways to go with this one. Here are some more photos and a before shot as well. Anyone want to take a stab at what type of leather this is based off the pics?

Before:
beforeje1.jpg

After:
rje3.jpg

w/flash
rje6.jpg

rje4.jpg

close up of the buttons, I even used different color thread to match the screen used. (burgundy and brown)
rje5.jpg

And just for fun :p
rje2.jpg

Really cool soul. Great shine. I wonder if they glossed the film jacket to give it a shine after all the distressing.

Last edited:
Soul, what are you searching for to get your ultimate JAL? What details are you looking for? I'm really curious with your eye for detail what it is you want out of your jacket that currently isn't out there.

I have a pair of Oliver Peoples Nitro 64. My friend passed away and these were gifted to me. I remember earlier this year he had the lenses custom made for the glasses if I recall correctly, if not I am certain he went through quite a bit of work to get the correct lenses. While looking around online I came across Blood Red and also Gothic Rose. I was curious if anyone here could tell from these photos which of the two these lenses are?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back