Agent Carter

All in all, I liked it, although all the Captain America flashbacks was almost a bit too much

Didn't mind the flashbacks. Saw episode 2 last night and at first the "Captain America Adventure" radio program was funny... the first time but three times in one episode, even I was gritting my teeth in pain.

That was the point - she was too.

It's not like today where there are 500 things to watch. There were buy a few stations in each city, if that. The inference is that that was the most popular show going and she was being inundated with it pretty much everywhere she went which gave the country the impression she was nothing more than a damsel in distress the whole time.

I enjoyed it. At the very start I saw Kevin Heffernan listed in the credits and I thought, "Cool, what is he going to be doing?" All they had him do was be the annoying guy in the automat. Really? What the heck.

First off, very good so far. But I find the timing of it all pretty interesting. I've been theorizing that Hank Pym might have known and worked with Howard Stark since they early news on Ant Man. With Age of Ultron right around the corner, and an Ant Man movie, now hearing about Starks bad babies getting released into the world, (and seeing the original butler Jarvis on top of it all), seems waaaay too convenient. And a good way to tie it all together

I just watched the second episode today and I'm loving the series.
I love the setting, and the period gadgets, Peggy's lock picking watch and the Vita Ray detector has that very classic Bakelite style casing with the old style gauge....ripe for a replica!

We just got through watching the first two episodes. I absolutely love where this show is going so far. It's smart, the writing is tight, and the acting is quite good. I think that the conceit of the radio program is a fun way to add a layer or two of depth and humor to the story.

All-in-all, I'm very much enjoying the show and am looking forward to seeing what Leviathan has in store.

I suppose it will take a while before that series is aired in my country, but I'm looking forward to it.
Hayley Atwell in the trailer reminds me a great deal of another role she did a couple of years ago in a two-part BBC TV miniseries called Restless about a female spy during WWII.

Finally got around to seeing it over the weekend, so much better than AoS aka PoS. Plot, writing, acting, production value... everything is just way more polished and better executed. Nice to see that Marvel TV can do something right :lol I've said in the past I didn't see the appeal in this show's concept but they've proven me wrong and I may give this show a shot. I've heard this was intended to be a limited series, I certainly hope they stick to that because I can't see myself watching this show for more than a couple seasons.

Finally got around to seeing it over the weekend, so much better than AoS aka PoS. Plot, writing, acting, production value... everything is just way more polished and better executed. Nice to see that Marvel TV can do something right :lol I've said in the past I didn't see the appeal in this show's concept but they've proven me wrong and I may give this show a shot. I've heard this was intended to be a limited series, I certainly hope they stick to that because I can't see myself watching this show for more than a couple seasons.

My guess is that it's a limited series to allow for some back story for AoS (like they did with setting up Whitehall as an original HYDRA member by showing a WWII flashback with Agent Carter and the Howling Commandos) so there's some meat for AoS to play on as well as taking some time to allow AoS to sync itself with Avengers 2 instead of the slow stories that they had in Season 1 prior to CA: TWS.

Seems to that's half of it. The other half is to give it a definitive trial run, with a known end date, then if it doesn't work out, they can claim limited run series, and if it works, they can keep doing it to fill the AoS void as long as they wish or spin it off to its own full fledged series.

My guess is that the suits didn't feel it would fly on its own at all and this was a compromise. So far, it looks to be one of the better things on TV period.

I actually really liked it. I love the fact there is a female lead, spy gadgets and set in 40's. I didn't care for Agents of SHIELD but this was leaps and bounds better

Okay I just saw this and I thought I had to share:

Hayley Atwell: Misadventures on the set of Agent Carter

tumblr_ni5zxxK5kt1tnp9k1o1_1280.png

tumblr_ni5zxxK5kt1tnp9k1o2_1280.png

tumblr_ni5zxxK5kt1tnp9k1o3_1280.png

tumblr_ni5zxxK5kt1tnp9k1o4_1280.png

tumblr_ni5zxxK5kt1tnp9k1o5_1280.png

tumblr_ni5zxxK5kt1tnp9k1o6_1280.png

tumblr_ni5zxxK5kt1tnp9k1o7_1280.png

tumblr_ni5zxxK5kt1tnp9k1o8_1280.png

tumblr_ni5zxxK5kt1tnp9k1o10_1280.png

tumblr_ni5zxxK5kt1tnp9k1o9_1280.png

I think I'm falling in love with this woman.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back