Rapunzel (and Flynn)...the everlasting WIP. ( re-making bodice! )

Re: Rapunzel (and Flynn) WIP!:: FINALLY Nearing re-vamp completion!

As the rest of your stuff does, these boots look amazing. Do you have a build thread for them???

I don't. They were the same boots from our first go around with the costumes... they are by 1031 and are a pirate boot style. All I did was cut off all the buckles, trim up the cuff a bit, cut the slit in the sides, and made the spats of of craft foam, button snaps and extra strong hot glue...haha! Oh...and a couple coats of paint. I smudged some all over the whole boot to make them look a bit more distressed and painted, very messily, the craft foam to also keep it distressed and worn looking.

I LOVE the way little girls think. My 6 yo would totally agree with your daughter.

Unfortunately, no frying pan for me. I think the wig will be cumbersome enough to deal with at the park all day, don't feel like carrying around anything else! BUT of course that doesn't mean it won't be there for photoshoots afterward. :D

Last preview pic before the big night!

We head out tomorrow morning/tonight at 4am!!!

tumblr_mb1tch9RRJ1qght35o1_500.jpg

You look GREAT! You have such a perfect body for that character too. I'm Jealous! Have a great trip, take lots of pictures!!!!

My five year old daughter today decided she'd be Rapunzel for Halloween. And wanted me to take her first to Bed Bath & Beyond, because finding the right frying pan is the key to the whole costume, apparently.

The correct one is a cast iron pan. My mother saw the movie and said the animators raided her cabinets for the pan.

Unfortunately, no frying pan for me. I think the wig will be cumbersome enough to deal with at the park all day, don't feel like carrying around anything else! BUT of course that doesn't mean it won't be there for photoshoots afterward. :D

Last preview pic before the big night!

We head out tomorrow morning/tonight at 4am!!!

tumblr_mb1tch9RRJ1qght35o1_500.jpg

You look perfect.

Re: Rapunzel (and Flynn) WIP!:: MNSSHP! Photos added to first post!

Thanks!

The MNSSHP was SO MUCH FUN!

Got a few great pics...not as many as I would've liked, but this costume isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

You can go ahead and dance right back to the first post if you want to see some of the updated shots. :D

320459_10151308721996719_1122112123_n.jpg

Pictures look great! Hope you had a blast. I've got 20 days before I go...... I CAN'T Wait! I love the picture with Disney Rapunzel, your costume almost looks identical!

This is still by far one of the best costumes that i have seen yet!!!!

I think you and your costume looked a lot better than the Disney one in that pic, way to show them how it's done !!

I dunno..
I think you pull the look off much better than the paid performer.

The costume looks great!

Awesome great new pics.
Just wondering if you had thought any more on making a custom costume to sell ro were still considering selling your original wig?
Thanks
Nicky

Awesome great new pics.
Just wondering if you had thought any more on making a custom costume to sell ro were still considering selling your original wig?
Thanks
Nicky

Thank you!

I don't think I'd ever remake an entire costume to sell, the embroidery is just too much to do over, plus, I want to remake the top half for myself before D*C as well!

I would be open to discussing a wig commission though. PM me! :)

Good job on the costume! My girlfriend works at Disney and had a thing for the Tangled Movie. She might be interested in cosplaying this sometime.

Hi everyone! To keep my current and fave photos at the forefront, I've decided to place them here. Enjoy!!

punzels.jpg

ed12.jpg

You look great, and your wig doesn't look like a wig, it looks natural, unlike the ladies you are posing with.

You look great, and your wig doesn't look like a wig, it looks natural, unlike the ladies you are posing with.

Thanks! It was a lucky fail. I did want it to have more volume like the parks style wig but ran out of time...but like you said, I love how natural it ended up looking!

It's hard for an Ariel-red wig to look natural...but I read that as you assuming she was a parks girl, which is exciting, 'cause she isn't...she made that entire costume and styled that wig herself! We met up there for the Halloween party! I think she ( dismaldreary ) is still member on here who pops up from time to time... So that makes me happy. :D

Thanks everyone for the positive words...I think I want to remake the top half to be more accurate in terms of construction so that I can take it up another notch and be REALLY proud of this costume. Since it's one of my only completed and in depth build threads, I think it's something I'd be proud to bring along to D*C this year!

Thanks! It was a lucky fail. I did want it to have more volume like the parks style wig but ran out of time...but like you said, I love how natural it ended up looking!

It's hard for an Ariel-red wig to look natural...but I read that as you assuming she was a parks girl, which is exciting, 'cause she isn't...she made that entire costume and styled that wig herself! We met up there for the Halloween party! I think she ( dismaldreary ) is still member on here who pops up from time to time... So that makes me happy. :D

Thanks everyone for the positive words...I think I want to remake the top half to be more accurate in terms of construction so that I can take it up another notch and be REALLY proud of this costume. Since it's one of my only completed and in depth build threads, I think it's something I'd be proud to bring along to D*C this year!

Correct, I thought she was a parks girl. And her dress looks beautiful but the hair looks, I don't know "off" I don't think it's the color, but something just screams Hair Extensions to me. I used to be a police officer so it might be my training niggling me in my back brain but the hair just didn't get me.

You as I said look like that was what God gave you at birth.

Re: Rapunzel (and Flynn) WIP!:: pg 13... I made a pet!

Hey aelynn00 I love your costume I'm in the process of getting all the materials for mine. I'm making a wig similar to you 2nd one, I'm having a very hard time finding long extentions where did you find yours?

thanks for the suggestion!

i actually just plan on using some adhesive velcro. haha!! stick some tiny circles on my shoulder and on his feet and bam!

in other news, here's a random shot of some of my new extensions for my park style wig!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0sgvqFjW61qght35o1_500.jpg

that's only 2 of 6, excluding the base wig as well. i have a feeling it's gonna be pretty awesome!!

at first i FREAKED OUT when i opened them cause they're TOTALLY an ash blonde instead of golden...but against the purples in my costume, i think the colour looks AMAZING and very close to the parks wig! they photograph more golden, so i'm pretty sure i'm sticking with them. worse comes to worse and i don't like the colour, i'll order a bunch more in a more golden tone and remake it and sell this one. :)

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0phjiWDl21qght35o2_250.jpg

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/314/b/6/tangled_by_disneyalice1951-d32ld4b.jpg

You look great in your costume. (hot). My daughter would love this.

Hey aelynn00 I love your costume I'm in the process of getting all the materials for mine. I'm making a wig similar to you 2nd one, I'm having a very hard time finding long extentions where did you find yours?

Thank you! I got them on ebay ( as I get 99% of my costume wigs and hair supplies ). The section that's loose at the end is how long they are individually. To get the length of the braid like this:

it was a matter of connecting them by tying them together and having those sections hidden in the braid ( and by flowers ).

Just for kicks, here's a couple nice shots from Niagara Falls Comic Con with my original braid!
rapunzel_at_nfcc_by_aubzy000-d6920e9.jpg

stealing_kisses_and_crowns_by_aubzy000-d68vsbn.jpg

And RESURRECTION POWER. This thread comes back to life today because I'm remaking my bodice for Dragon*Con ( properly...as a lace up bodice over a blouse )...and have already run into issues. Got my new fabric and it's lighter...but only slightly...than my old bodice. Mind you, the old one came in light and I had to hand dye it to get it the colour it is... buttttt the sateen looks perfect in the folds...buuuuut as a bodice it's going to be pulled tight and smooth and likely photograph lighter than what it is...my current standpoint is that I'll dye it to try to darken it a bit...and if I'm unhappy with that, I'll sell the section of fabric and reorder it darker.

Here's a colour comparison of what I've got right now:
tumblr_mpdm7jvVH31qght35o1_500.jpg
It's literally...JUST A SHADE lighter...but enough to throw me into an indecision induced migraine in a matter of minutes. Yeaugh....

Oh of course why didn't I look there silly me! How long did you get i was thinking 24 inches but I don't want it to be too short, Thanks bunches!! I love the photos you and Flynn look great!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back