Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pistol

Re: Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pist

Sold out! That didn't take long...

- - - Updated - - -

What is the difference between the HG 196 and the M712?

Re: Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pist

Nothing. My Evike order for the M712 actually came in a box that said HFC HG 196. But its identical to the photos.
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Last edited:

Awesome! Just grabbed one labeled HG 196. Whew! Grabbed the short mag somewhere else. I was worried I had the wrong one, and worried the mag wouldn't fit.

In that case there are some on eBay. In case anyone is interested. These puppies have been sold out everywhere I've seen.

In that case there are some on eBay. In case anyone is interested. These puppies have been sold out everywhere I've seen.

what exactly do i search for on eBay? i dont know if i will ever be able to machine the left side of the gun where the selector knob is... I'm up in the air. we still dont know for sure they used this gun? the left side still has the machined square where the selector knob is..

anyone think another gun was used and the air soft magazine was custom made to the different gun?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just so curious how the prop department handled the machining on the left side

what exactly do i search for on eBay? i dont know if i will ever be able to machine the left side of the gun where the selector knob is... I'm up in the air. we still dont know for sure they used this gun? the left side still has the machined square where the selector knob is..

anyone think another gun was used and the air soft magazine was custom made to the different gun?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just so curious how the prop department handled the machining on the left side

If you read back in this thread the consensus is that they more than likely fashioned a plate that fits over the pre-existing details, with the C96 details milled into said plate. Fans have already been doing this for a while to make airsoft versions of Han's ANH

This shot shows clearly that they added instead of taking away. The definition on the edges of the inset boxes is way thicker and more defined than the box that's on the HFC and also goes further down closer to the trigger than the current one, which tells me they thickened it up. The box on the HFC as it comes is somewhat rounded off on the edges and almost barely there.

image.jpgimage.jpeg

Last edited:

It looks like this is the case. The rear rectangle center has rounded corners.. If it were milled like the c96 it would be square and sharp too.

The only thing I note is that the Left side prop as seen here...

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=250942&page=5

does not show added thickness to the side from the rear view. The lug is not buried... Could be fudged and blended I suppose.

If if a plate is made... How and what should it be made from? Should it be metal or plastic?

What at is the HFC metal? Anyone know? Cast Zamac like the Denix?

if painting the finish, it may not matter. If trying to blue, it will.

Just sto curious for thoughts.

Ok so HFC HG-196 Box Cannon Pistol is the correct model for the base gun?

Last edited by a moderator:

Just to be clear... the HFC is gas powered, but Non-blowback?

If you read back in this thread the consensus is that they more than likely fashioned a plate that fits over the pre-existing details, with the C96 details milled into said plate. Fans have already been doing this for a while to make airsoft versions of Han's ANH

This shot shows clearly that they added instead of taking away. The definition on the edges of the inset boxes is way thicker and more defined than the box that's on the HFC and also goes further down closer to the trigger than the current one, which tells me they thickened it up. The box on the HFC as it comes is somewhat rounded off on the edges and almost barely there.

View attachment 569618View attachment 569621

( i have read this thread from the start, i may have even posted a few times, i didnt know if the left side was solved it) this i much more understandable! i have seen how others have cut that piece out and inserted their own styrene panel. from a prop production point of view i see that being very time consuming. this new way with just building a panel to place over it makes more sense to me. thanks for sharing

There isn't allot of evidence suggesting the plate theory from what we can see so far.. Notice in the rear view photos Ven Dean posted, there doesn't seem to be any thickening to the left side at all, and the lug isn't buried either as Kpax already noted.

But, even if it's filled and milled, the material used for filling is still a difficult issue to solve. Not to mention the adhesion of the fill material.

DSCN2024crop_zpstowhfi4q.png~original

-Carson

If the side walls are thick enough, you could fill the voids with steel filled epoxy putty and mill the reqtangle.

Is the HFC Zamac?

I don't think the HFC is as thick as the metal used on a Denix.

I am sure the left side can be modified either way that the builder prefers.
Dave at DEC can mill and or make a panel. Maybe in aluminum?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think the HFC is as thick as the metal used on a Denix.

If the forward square is recessed I'm sure there is thickness to mill the rear the same way.

- - - Updated - - -

There isn't allot of evidence suggesting the plate theory from what we can see so far.. Notice in the rear view photos Ven Dean posted, there doesn't seem to be any thickening to the left side at all, and the lug isn't buried either as Kpax already noted.

But, even if it's filled and milled, the material used for filling is still a difficult issue to solve. Not to mention the adhesion of the fill material.

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff432/deadbolt55/DSCN2024crop_zpstowhfi4q.png~original

-Carson

This image suggests the thickness. Should be ok.

Just FYI.
The steel or aluminum filled epoxy putty sticks great to everything.
It cures hard and can be machined and threaded.

I I think I would try filling the voids and milling the square.

If the select/auto knob is removed, how does that effect function?
Locked on semi auto?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh well. Too bad though. The KWC is a blowback and it looks really cool. There's good video of it in action on the Red Wolf airsoft site

Prob better as a non blowback.
The shaking of the bolt could loosen the mount if it can only be epoxied on.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back