Game of Thrones

I wonder if that scene in the books would have been the cliffhanger for Arya's story in the next book, much like Jon's was in a Dance with Dragons and Brienne' was in Feast for Crows

I agree that her behaviour was unusual, but at the same time if Jaquen was impersonating Arya (as a test for the Waif) why would he flee from the bridge at all? Why act frightened of strangers as Arya stumbled through the market at the end?

Is the armor the same between members of the king's guard though or has it been shown to differ from knight to knight? I'd imagine that Jaime's might have differed a bit as Commander of the King's Guard but what about the others?

Looking at the different pictures, it seems that they all switched from the white-enameled armor to the plainer style, as of season 4.

In the books, you're right - everyone wears white armor except for Jaime, who wears gold, with a lion helmet.

In the books everyone's armor is much fancier. More fantasy inspired. The show toned it down.

Someone on another board posted a theory that the Arya that the Waif ganked in the last episode was not Arya, but Jaquen wearing Arya's face as a test of the Waif's ability to follow his order to give Arya a merciful death.

Honestly, this makes sense to me in a lot of ways. Arya's behavior last episode was decidedly... odd. Throwing huge sums of money around, demanding a cabin on the ship instead of the usual hammock, boldly wandering around without an apparent care in the world. Arya has made some seriously questionable decisions in the past, but the entirety of her behavior in the episode was so out of step with what we've seen from her previously that I kind of find this theory credible. Especially in light of the fact that Jaquen still "owes" one death for Arya and she gave his name as the third death.

This is very interesting. I did notice she didn't have her little sword (Needle?) with her in any of those scenes, and last time we saw her, she was really making a big deal of it.

I'm not sure I buy the Jaqen thing. Watching the episode last night, the reaction after the stabbing seemed more like a real frightened Arya rather than a servant of the many faced god accepting death.

If anything, I am wondering if this is somehow another test for Arya which is why the waif did not actually kill her

Also what happened to the whole thing of "a faceless man cannot kill someone they personally know" The Waif should know who Arya Stark is

Last edited:
7fe9b0909b1fca4cb7f215480d1a4b91.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Help me out: there was a scene some time back (obviously) when Cersei and Tyrion are arguing, and Cersei hauls off and hits him. IIRC, it wasn't in the script, and Lena was worried that she got TOO into character, but Peter loved it, so they went with it. Anyone remember which episode it was?

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but I only watch the show, & it may be more clear in the books.

Unless Arya died& donated her face, how could anyone else be wearing it?

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but I only watch the show, & it may be more clear in the books.

Unless Arya died& donated her face, how could anyone else be wearing it?

Hasn't been covered in the books. In the show, however, they've already shown people wearing her face (the scene where the Waif "kills" Jaquen as a lesson, then the faces are pulled away, revealing several different ones, including Arya's).

Interesting episode. Things did, indeed, seem to happen this time around. Overall thoughts.

- I'm glad Dany is back. The crap that's been going on in Mereen just seems kinda slapdash. Also, what the hell is with Lannisters trusting religious fanatics? Seriously, that was a bush-league move from Tyrion, and I'm disappointed in him. Funny scene with the joking, though. Also, I think we can expect to see the Ironborn fleet sail into Slaver's Bay to break the siege.

- Bummer about the Blackfish, but frankly, I don't see how he'd be all that useful. I hope that the Tully army is able to back Sansa, though, alongside the knights of the Vale. Because Ramsey has GOT to get got.

- The thing with Arya...again just seems sort of...hastily resolved. Like "We tried to kill you but, eh, whatevs. Have fun in Westeros! Hey, try to save the faces if you can and send 'em back here, k? Bye!"

- Also, Arya surviving a stabbing like that AND being able to leap and fight and whatnot? No. Just....no. That's not how anatomy works. Unless the Many Faced God is somehow giving her power, I just don't buy it.

- Frankenmountain killing the one Poor Fellow was...grossly oversold. Seriously, they've been leaning on that "I choose violence" but in promos ALL SEASON and it's like a 2 second bit. "I choose violence. >crunch!< >rip!< Get the point? Ok, see ya."

- What rumor is Cersei investigating? Does anyone know? Has this been previously covered or is it meant to be a mystery? My recollection is that it hasn't been touched on. We established the "New Little Birds" ring, but otherwise, nothing on this.

- So...what exactly is the Brotherhood Without Banners gonna do? Ride north with their 50-odd guys and help out the Night's Watch? Maybe the Hound is Azor Ahai. That'd be rich.

- What rumor is Cersei investigating? Does anyone know? Has this been previously covered or is it meant to be a mystery? My recollection is that it hasn't been touched on. We established the "New Little Birds" ring, but otherwise, nothing on this.

The rumor which says "OMG the mad king Aerys had sh!tloads of Wildfire prepared and stored away for further use in hidden caches throughout King's Landing."

To quote the Mad King (courtesy of Bran's Visions) : "BURN THEM ALL!"

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Good episode, though I wish they'd let Jaime give Edmure the whole carrot and stick speech he had in the book. I'm glad they left in the part about sending him his son by catapult...

I wonder if the Faceless Men still have a contract out on Dany? They don't seem to be in a rush about it.

Arya definitely has quite a few "hit points" in RPG terms...

My favorite line of the episode: "We all die. (Pause.) Except for him"

As expected people were greatly over-thinking things, but the ending bothered me a bit. The way that Jaquen said she "had finally become no one" and then smiled when Arya replied "a girl is Arya Stark" has me wondering if they're going to pull some twist down the road where this Arya isn't the real Arya, but thinks that she is.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back