District 9 Alien Fuel Cannister - Done!

Birdie

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been working on this for the last few weeks, quite pleased with how it came out :)

The tube is 3mm thick acylic with resin caps on top and bottom.

The graphics were drawn in Illustator, then pinted on acetate. I then masked off the windows and spayed the reverse side of the sheet with acrylic silver.

I used washing up liquid mixed with black paint for the alien 'oil', but not too keen on the 'frothy' look, so will probably do another one with corn syrup.

2ymaxrm.jpg

16iicer.jpg

2zqxy81.jpg

bfl17p.jpg

9jivdd.jpg

Can you repost pics? also im working on something similar and im thinking that a motorized aperture with a small spray nozzle in it would work as the whole spraying motion from the film as well as the opening and closing of the tube.

as well as working on the tube i am working on the elusive "transportation" container for the fuel cell.

Deep dive into backup drives....

Screenused - these were posted here, my apologies to the member, I don't remember who it was...

District9canisterfull.jpg District9cannisterbottomCU.jpgDistrict9cannisterbottomside.jpgDistrict9cannisterfullside.jpgDistrict9cannistersidewindow.jpgDistrict9cannistertop.jpgDistrict9cannistertopECU.jpgDistrict9cannistertopMS.jpgDistrict9cannistertopsideview.jpgDistrict9cannisterwriting.jpg

Mine

cylinder1.jpgcylinder3.jpgcylinder5.jpgcylinder8.jpgcylinder6.jpgbase1.jpgbase4.jpg

Attachments

• cylinder10.jpg
    cylinder10.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 107
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back