Sithcamaro (Toby Markham) sales issues

This guy isn't banned yet ? Must have slipped through the cracks :lol ?

He hasn't even been on the board since 11 November 2013. Clearly, he doesn't give a hoot for these issues or this community.

We'll 'Taken Care Of' that soon enough though :lol ........... Montagar

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone, joined just to post here.

I wish I had done a search on the name before I ordered from Toby, but I went 'ooo! Loki's scepter! Someone's selling it!' I'd ordered the helmet and other parts from a couple of other makers but they didn't sell the scepter.

I started talking to him about his costume in May 2012. It was Loki! I couldn't resist, and I did say I was going to order a scepter, but didn't say when, so we weren't unknown to each other.

I talked to him about postage and height of it and how it came apart in December 2012. In early January 2013, I paid the money via PayPal to his e-mail as I live in Australia and had to pay extra for postage.

I e-mailed him in mid February 2013 to ask him how it was going. I was curious. This was one of my first times of ordering armour for costumes that needed to be made. Toby said that he was having issues getting one of the blades to mould correctly, possibly because of the winter. End of that conversation line.

I e-mailed again in October 2013. I hadn't heard anything more and was wondering how it was going. I think it was at the back of my mind somedays to e-mail but then it would fly. No answer.

I thought of e-mailing him this morning, and put his name into Google to get to his website to see what he's been up to, because I couldn't remember the name of it, and saw this thread, as well as his website.

I've now e-mailed him asking for an update, or if it's not ready, a refund. Reading this thread, I won't get the refund, and if lucky, a response. If he doesn't e-mail me back I'll start bugging him on Facebook. My profile pic is of me dressed as Loki as he was at the end of Avengers (paced the cinema foyer for at least half an hour before every session I could of Thor 2 :D) and hopefully he'll reply.

I'm looking at QEProps on Etsy now for the scepter. It will cost me at least 1k (due to conversion from US to Aus), but oh the detail on that beauty. They've only be open for a couple of years but they have 15 rave reviews and everyone is happy. Now to save the money, cause I really shouldn't pull it from my savings to pay for it ;)

I'll also fill in the IC3 complain form that KellyJane linked to to let them know and see how I go.

Dear Folk, Just an update about our experience with Toby Markham, Sith-Camaro. In July, I discovered that Toby was on FB and I paid a dollar to message a dollar to message him that we still hadn't received the Loki Helmet. He couldn't recall if he had made or sent it but said he would make it. In around September he said that he had to make a new mold for the helmet as one of the horns had broken. Around October, I asked him if he had shipped the helmet and he told me he would bwe busy with orders for Halloween and would be possibly busy afterwards. I haven't heard from him since. My husband and I decided to order a new helmet from a commissioner on Etsy which had over a hundred positive reviews. I have been messaging Toby on FB and emailing him, to no avail, but now I am demanding my money back ($500) as that was a substantial gift. Do any of you have experience with IC3? I filed a complaint last Spring, but never got contacted Any help with process is appreciated.

Hello all!

I registered because I too am having issues with Toby Markham.

Back in April of 2013 I sent Toby $420 in exchange for one of his Loki sceptre creations. Prior to sending payment, I inquired as to the length of time it would take and he assured me it would be about 2-4 months. Since that time, I have received countless excuses as to why his work has gone unfinished.

The last correspondence I received from Mr. Markham was in August of 2014. Since then he refuses to respond to my emails, or attempts at contacting him via Facebook or Instagram.

I have tried to dispute the transaction via PayPal and my Credit Card company, but it appears that's not working in my favor. I've tried everything short of visiting him in-person... which just might be my next option pending his home address is still valid in his sithcamaro.com domain info.

I'm looking for suggestions. :-/

Guys, they gave him a booth at Wizard World Chicago again:
http://www.wizardworld.com/tobymarkham1.html
Read that part about being a starving artist. What a jerk.

I HIGHLY SUGGEST contacting Brittany Walloch who handles "programming and cosplay guests" as listed here:
http://www.wizardworld.com/contactus.html
Heck, CC their other staff members in Press, Marketing, etc. to get the word out further. That's what I did today.

I just sent a polite email referring them to this very thread, asking that this thief be removed from their promotion as I think it reflects poorly on their brand. But I'm just one guy - the more people who contact them, the more persuasive we can be.

Good luck...
Chuck

Sithcamaro is very active in Instagram. He's currently making Kylo Ren helmets for quite a few folks on IG and at the same time bashing an RPF member's own take on the helmet. Classy dude.:facepalm

So this weekend Sithcamaro is at Chicago Comicon and my Loki has still not gotten his helmet (we ordered another one by now) or a refund. It was order at Christmas 2012 and we are four months from it being two years. We paid over $500 but didnt contact Paypal in time. BTW, Paypal now has started a two week delay in deducting the money. Toby did communicate for a while but stopped responding. I never heard from the IC3 either (Internet FBI).
Thanks for the support.

Just for clarification, the helmet was ordered in December 2013. And now it is August of 2015. A long fruitless wait....We know better now :)

Thank you Chuck, I have e-mailed Brittany and CCed PR and another person in.

He does have a FB page, maybe we should keep bombarding him on that, they show up even when not logged in.

Just posted this on my FB account....

SithCamaro.jpg

I am Ryan Denton and I am not sure how you got support from my comment since I asked a question BUT hey this is the interwebz and everyone interprets it differently. I don't get involved in these ******* online feuds and I rarely come here except for research on projects I am working on. I don't show support nor do I show disrespect for Toby so you can remove your inquiry about me that would be steller

I am Ryan Denton and I am not sure how you got support from my comment since I asked a question BUT hey this is the interwebz and everyone interprets it differently. I don't get involved in these ******* online feuds and I rarely come here except for research on projects I am working on. I don't show support nor do I show disrespect for Toby so you can remove your inquiry about me that would be steller

Well hmmmm. Let's see. I'm a long time respected member here. I posted FACTS on FB and called your buddy out. He obviously is a lying piece of "S" but yet you feel it necessary to question MY "friendship" to him. Maybe you should figure out who is an important member of this community and who you want to keep as FB friends. I was keeping tabs on his activities for my RPF brothers. What the hell is your excuse?

Why do my Facebook friends have to do with the RPF? FB acquaintances aren't the same things as friends. I think you are taking this a touch far with your accusations of me. Also you failed at keeping tabs by outing yourself, BUT I suggest you take a hard look at his friends list because there are some BIG names on there......Ill wait while you google that

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back