Han Solo boots

I used these for my first Han Solo costume. They worked out pretty well actually.

I use these for my imperial officer, and got them modified to be flat tops.

http://www.crazyhorsetack.com/mendevdresbo.html

Real leather, pretty cheap, and comes in a good selection of sizes.

And not get too off topic but yeah Risu is right. Those aren't zippers. That's widening in the calf. If I had to wager a guess that would have to do with the 20 lbs Harrison Ford gained between ESB and ROTJ. One of the reason the costume was redone with new pants and a new shirt for that movie. Either that or they are stunt boots. That whole museum costume is a mis-mash of stuff anyway: ROTJ vest, I think a ESB shirt, I think an ESB holster, ESB stunt blaster, ROTJ pants, ANH gloves. So who knows where the boots came from.

Anyhoo, no idea about the PVC boots but I would say they are a better option than the 9-1-1 costumes boots. Next would be the rubber riding boots. Then those Devonaire's. Then probably real riding boots followed by custom stuff.

Last edited:
no zippers on those boots. There is a Cut in the rear and sewn in elastic.(poorly done, at that). The boots on the Luke ROTJ costume/display were also done the same way.

Those are the ones I have. They ended up being much larger than they were supposed to be and I had to spend $100 at a shoe repair place to get the ankle section taken in and the calf section taken out, plus the top flattened out. It would have been more to get soles put on that would allow me to walk in them. I decided to just glue some rubber grips onto the bottom instead. Now they're great Solo boots, but it took work and money.

Lets hope they fit. According to the sizing, they are a 10 and I wear 9.5. Thanks for the reply Risu. BTW I sent you an email about 20 min ago about holsters. Go figure.

As a coda to this very old thread I started last year, I DID eventually end up getting the Russian boots, as an investment in a better pair (since I didn't end up doing a quickie Han Solo for Halloween, after all).

I have a wide foot, and they only come in what I would call a medium width, so they are a little tight (I am working on stretching them out a bit), but I DO like the way they look. I personally did not find the ankle too wide, as Risu did - they are certainly not as boxy as the German jack boots I use for my tie fighter pilot.

I hope you like yours!

Rick

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back