Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

The Ohio x1 is on display a few miles from me at the science center. I keep hearing it advertised on the radio. Just kind of sad that its missing so much. Also I have a DX frame I may be willing to part with ( still thinking )

i appreciate it. Im glad this thread still lives on. My dad made his own version of a peewee herman bike. It was definitively a sight to see. If anyone needs any parts that are hard to find let me know my local bike shop has been around for years and they have pretty inexpensive items (somtimes) their trying to rip me off on the bike frame. Thats why im glad you guys told me about cabe and rotrodbikes. Hopefully I can get this project started soon

They said auction previews by appointment only. Bike sells on day 2.

If you go there on auction day, there's usually a prop or two you can see up close, maybe they'd park the bike in a visible place... (that's a gamble though).

PIH will have a booth at Comic-Con as well, and they will be bringing several items from this auction. If they bring this, that might be another opportunity to see it up close. (But again, no idea what they are bringing...)

Here's another image from PIH showing the other side of the bike. 4" mirror is visible here. Rudd's right ... no mud flaps. Basically appears fairly complete and in nice used condition. Abe had mentioned lion head was beat up and you can see that here. Curious which graphic is on the bell on this one. RIK: Thanks for the additional info.

Silver tank button finally arrived. They have been out of stock but currently have them in if anyone is needing to order one.

Beautiful!! I'm trying to get a frame now. I've finally decided to take the plunge.

Where did you get the Tiger casting from?

Starting that build off right. Im in the same boat in wanting to start a bike. Just having trouble with finding a frame. Thecabe and ratrods kinda seem a little dead.

Nice. I'd almost like to get the saddlebags and the horn before I get the bike too. If I have those at least I'll always be able to buy a bike. That is if I can find one I can freaking afford.

Gregg

Well I finally sold a prop I've been needing to sell to fund getting this project started. Now to find a bike or frame. I always hate this part.

Woo hoo !!!! Sounds like I've scored a frame!

Anyone else have correct parts they are willing to part with? I'd just as soon spend m money with you guys as anyone.

Gregg

Yeah. I got lucky. :). I can't wait to get it and start adding to it.

Immediate goals are to find:

Fork
Fenders
Gooseneck
Handle bar
Seat
Wheels
Tires
Crank

You know, all of the things that make it a bike. However if anyone has any X1 parts I'm eager to start buying them too.

how much did you pay for your frame? that was amazingly fast. i cant find it on either bike forum and everyone has complete ones for like 500

picked this up today. its not much but its a start. a black super siren and a 30 inch cruiser bar
Aviary Photo_130178115213044221.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back