Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

I looked through the thread and could not find my awnser. For the persons siren does it mattet if it is the front or the back one? Also does it need to come with brackets to attach to the fabricted one?

Also does it need to come with brackets to attach to the fabricted one?

That's what I worked on this evening, H0T … sketching out a template for the custom part of the bracket. Looks to me like the one in the movie uses part of the original bracket (the square middle part with the spring inside) and that is welded on to the custom cut pieces that bolt it around the truss rod. The band around the siren body that holds the top and bottom halves together also looks to be custom on the prop bike. That band has straight sides and the bands that originally come on sirens are rounded. At least as near as I can tell. Does someone who has already made theirs have any info or tips? -- BB

H0T and Droid: Snaps added of the templates I worked on last night and today. The third one shows the area (dashed line in the circle) that I was planning on leaving to weld the new custom bracket to on the back side. The rest of the old bracket would get cut away. In looking at pictures, there seems to be some fluctuation in the brackets used on different bikes. -- BB

Last edited:
Today's haul....in large part thanks to BestBike and h0taspho:

Hot was able to find me a sweet seat and a set NOS Union pedals at the Long Beach Swap and ship them out to me.

And BB provided me some extra parts he had laying around...including a set of red Signal Stats, a 3" mirror for my left side until I can find the proper 4" one....and the amazing Wanted poster....which I immediately went out and framed. I can't wait to hang that up in my office!

I also picked up a set of handlebars on ebay.

Thank you gentlemen for your selflessness and I am enjoying this journey with you.

Gregg

So i came back from work and look what i found. 3 coats of easy off and a little polish goes along way.
lever.jpg

H0T: Easy Off? Who'd of think it? I read several sources online that said Coke and aluminum foil worked wonders for polishing chrome. (Ummm, not so much!) I think I was sent on a skype hunt.

EXTRMN8R: Congrats on the new job and welcome back to the project.

DROID: Glad my spares found a good home. Hey. Having just viewed the two bikes, can you confirm that the persons siren black gasket has a hex bolt head at the bottom? That's what I'm working on now.

GUYS: If you haven't bought your red cable yet, don't. I think I'll have enough for the four of us. -- BB

BB....I have no clue. You have every picture I took :). It didn't occur to me to even look.

I sent off the drawings today to the machinist for the Person's bracket. Hopefully I'll hear something this week about that.

It was in one of your pictures that I detected something down there that I had never seen before, Droid. But I wasn't sure what I was seeing. I ended up opening the image in PhotoShop and exaggerating the contrast ... that confirmed it.

PS: Think I found you a front fender if you still need one. Still searching for the rear. Bought a new set of fender braces and hardware from Memory Lane for $25. If anyone else wants to order a set, I talked to Larry. Make sure he knows they are for 26" balloon tire bike fenders measuring 5.25" over the top from side to side. They are really great to deal with.

Yes....I definitely need fenders. Just let me know.

Glad the pictures have helped.

My machinist got the bracket file and said he'd get back with me in the next few days. Forward motion!

I had some Mickey Stickers made if anyone needs them. They aren't screen printed but they should work in a pinch.

PM me if you need them.

Gregg

It turns out Mickey is wearing the wrong color shirt so I'm going to have them reprinted with the right ones in a couple days.

Hot....I'll get some out to you as soon as they come in.

its officially been 1 month. Here is an update from the last two days. I was able to put my bike together. I'm rocking some typhoon tires for now. I still need to find a shimano shifter and some fenders.
Aviary Photo_130208402293611056.jpgAviary Photo_130208403822530264.jpgAviary Photo_130208405295587494.jpgAviary Photo_130208406240130651.jpg

Last edited:
The base is 3.15"x3.9"

The overall height is 5"

The top is 3.6"x1.75"

There are a lit of compound curves in this shape, theres not a straight line on it. Also remember that mine is a casting, and resin castings are usually smaller than the original due to shrinkage while curing.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back