Lets see your Marty McFly costumes!

It's a Medium :) I've just taken a picture of it with my phone, it's not the best picture.. So I apologize for the pixel and colour quality being really little low but nevertheless:

View attachment 322423
Thank you for the picture! Is there any way I could ask you to post a few more for my personal references? I'm drafting sewing patterns of this jacket as we speak, and the more reference materials I have, the better.

Also, if anybody has a good picture of the Paisley pattern that was used, or the Paisley patterns that you're using for the cuffs, please enlighten me. Thanks!

I have made a start to my 2015 jacket.

I am working on my bellow sleeves but fore I attach them, I want get the pockets (size and shape) right first.

I've also modded the MAGs -
1. flattened the toe
2. widened the sole
3. used cloneprops 3d printed ankle buckle to hold a 3v set up to light the strap
4. replaced (with leather like vinyl) and extended the tongue.
5. I am currently working on casting new clear soles and can then add lights to the soles.

2015 Jacket
10442463_10152509824658841_958746670411694702_n.jpg

MAGs
10150698_10152506468583841_226122714199061400_n.jpg

Started on my part 1 Marty costume.
I just got my brand new Nike Bruins( Thinking of replacing everything red with a blue variant)
emPoXsY.png

One down, 99 more problems to go

I was being dragged around Matalan by the missus yesterday and saw this shirt. I immediatley thought of Marty and I reckon it's a great close enough for any ladies mking a costume. I found it forst on a hanger, but soon noticed it's featured on a big poster in there too.

1.jpg3.jpg2.jpg

2014-08-01-11-57-29.jpg2014-08-01-11-57-29.jpg

I made this one a while back. I have accumulated so many parts. I can make 8 costumes. I am a hoarder. Have 5 hoverboards Ive made out of various materials. ..good times.

Thank you for the picture! Is there any way I could ask you to post a few more for my personal references? I'm drafting sewing patterns of this jacket as we speak, and the more reference materials I have, the better.

Also, if anybody has a good picture of the Paisley pattern that was used, or the Paisley patterns that you're using for the cuffs, please enlighten me. Thanks!

Sure, just tell me what photos you need and I'll post them up as soon as I can ​sorry for the late reply by the way..

Sure, just tell me what photos you need and I'll post them up as soon as I can ​sorry for the late reply by the way..

Marty's jacket has a "bi-swing" back, and I was hoping to get a few pictures of how Guess sets that up. Could you possibly detail the folds, inside and out? If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's the "pocket" type folds on the back of the jacket. They'll be tricky to replicate for me, because I'm new at this tailoring thing. But trust me, it's gonna be done right lol

Hi guys, pretty new here - thought I'd add my Marty costume into the mix - not incredibly screen accurate, but I'm fairly happy with it. I just bought a vintage denim jacket on eBay and got some offcuts of fabric from my local FabricLand and sewed them onto the cuffs. The shirt I bought from eBay, I'm pretty happy with it, unfortunately it's not buttoned all the way down. NIKEs I got for around £25, not bruins sadly, really want to get a pair. Vest, again I got it from eBay - hoverboard is something my buddy knocked up fairly quickly. And my friend is pictured here as Jennifer.

535418_162232170589060_1040539675_n.jpg

Here's my costume from this year's DragonCon. I only had a month to put it together, so it's pretty far from screen accurate:

2014-08-29 10.34.28.jpg

The Marciano jacket only turned up on eBay once during my search, and it was an extra large. I need a small, so I'm going to wait until one that fits me comes around. I could have had the extra large altered I suppose, but I'd rather get one that fits without having to butcher it. The jacket I have is a Guess jacket from the 80s though. The puffer vest is by Land's End. It was one of the few orange puffer vests I could find without any branding on the exterior. You can't see them, but I do have the boomerang pin, guitar pin and the Art In Revolution button on.

The plaid shirt I found on Amazon. A friend of mine who does tailoring on the side is working on a replica of the Shah Safari shirt for me. I purchased the necessary fabric from Spoonflower, so I should have that in my possession in about 5 weeks. The jeans are vintage Guess acid wash. The sneakers are a Nike Dunk Low, as vintage Bruins never showed up during my search either.

I'm still on the hunt for a vintage Eastpak backpack and the Aiwa cassette player. Not sure what I want to do about the Madrid Valterra skateboard yet. I do have the video camera, but I didn't bring it with me.

There is a costume on ebay with a ton of accessories. Not sure its worth the asking price but maybe for someone.

MOD EDIT: Please do not post Ebay links, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is super cool! :cool:thumbsup How the heck did you convince them to let you climb up there? :lol

It was the owner's idea believe it or not! He thought it would make for some awesome photos, and it sure did! I couldn't believe he wanted me up there. He instructed me how to do it as to not harm the car. Now there's something very few BTTF fans can say: I sat on top of a freaking time machine! The McFly life is pretty surreal sometimes.

Hi Joel

Thanks for the comment. The jacket is made from pewter latex sheeting. The sleeves are layered circles to give a bellow effect. I am hoping to put more up in due course on my cosplay pages, but here is a a photo showing work in progress on the sleeve.

Picture 003.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back