Messed up Observation from The Force Awakens

James Kenobi 1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
2 things off the top.

First, I'm not labeling this as a Spoiler. If you haven't seen The Force Awakens, shame on you.
Second, I'm assuming you know/understand the relationship between Han and Chewbacca.

So in EP7, Han Solo is killed by the evil Kylo Ren, stabbed through the heart and falls off a bridge into the abyss below.

Chewbacca, seeing his best friend killed, howls in anger and fires off a blaster bolt at Kylo Ren, hitting him in the side and wounding him.

Here's the really messed up part. Chewbacca didn't just shoot at Kylo Ren out of anger and loss, he was trying to straight up murder Ben Solo, his best friends son. He was also trying to kill Leia's son too.

Think about it. Chewy was probably there the day Ben was born. He watched him grow up from a baby to a toddler to a kid to a young adult, before he was sent to train with Luke. You've got to think Chewbacca had a pretty close relationship with Ben before everything went sideways with Snoke and the Knights of Ren.

Just before Kylo killed Han, Leia was saying there was still light in him and wanting Han to bring him home. What would have happened in Chewy had killed Kylo?

"Sorry Leia. Ben stabbed Han with a lightsaber so I murdered your son because my friendship with Han is stronger than my friendship with you".

That's pretty messed up.

Leia would not hold it against Chewie if he'd killed her son, moments after her son had murdered Han. At that point, Chewie's life was in danger, as were the lives of Rey and Finn. As was the security of the galaxy. No one, not even Ren's mother, could blame Chewie for killing him at that point.

The Wook

Killing Ben would not have stopped Starkiller Base from firing at the Resistance. Plus Kylo killed training Jedi at Luke's academy and Leia still wanted Han to bring him home.

It's still somewhat messed up.

man's best friend..nothing else matters beyond your home boy. Revenge his death.

I'll tell what's messed up tho. Why didn't han's body burst into flames and be a charcoal brisket in two seconds when that saber went into him? We seen them carve and melt basted doors with a saber. Wouldn't people's clothes and mushy flesh just go up too? I would think so.

Chewy just wanted to slow him up. Like tazing him. If he had wanted to kill him, he would have. Chewy knew he couldn't kill him, even if he wanted to. Chewy gets it.

chewie should have ripped his arms out of his sockets, then the same with his head. if my brother stabbed my father in the heart with a knife, id have no problem taking him out.

i understand where your coming from, but i wouldn't think twice about defending my loved one, WHO ever hurts them

At that distance, I think it could have easily been a kill shot as he could have missed completely. I personally think he was shooting to kill.

Man, I don't know. The Chewie I know wouldn't have missed in that situation.

And Kylo would have killed Chewie way before he got close enough to rip his arms off or anything else. Dude knew it too. That's why the shot from far away.

chewie should have ripped his arms out of his sockets, then the same with his head. if my brother stabbed my father in the heart with a knife, id have no problem taking him out.

i understand where your coming from, but i wouldn't think twice about defending my loved one, WHO ever hurts them

Agree 100%.

At that distance, I think it could have easily been a kill shot as he could have missed completely. I personally think he was shooting to kill.

Definitely tried to kill him.

I think it's more messed up from your perspective, James, than it is from Chewie's. Chewie, I believe, thinks more black & white, than the myriad shades of gray we humans ponder.

The Wook

Agree 100%.

Definitely tried to kill him.

I think it's more messed up from your perspective, James, than it is from Chewie's. Chewie, I believe, thinks more black & white than the myriad shades of gray we humans ponder.

The Wook

i do not believe me and the wook agreed on something!! :p

Last edited:
See, I was watching it today, & was thinking...At first, I thought Leia reaction at the moment of Han's death was because of the loss of him. On repeated viewings, I now believe it was the completeness of Kylo's fall to the Dark Side. Big changes in the Force have been shown to be communicated over distances.

My point being, at that moment, she realized that her son was gone. Ben Solo was dead, so Chewie killing the monster he'd become, may have even been a relief.

I disagree with the brother/father analogy. Ben didn't kill Chewys father.

In our terms, imaging the son of your best friend killing him. Sure, you're angry and outraged, beyond words, but would that give you the right to murder your best friends son? Especially if you have a close relationship with your buddy's wife, the mother of the kid. Plus you have a close relationship with the kid and you love him like a son.

Even if he's a good kid turned bad, made some bad choices, got in with a bad crowd, you would still be straight up killing him.

I don't know. Seems like shooting at him was a bad choice- even in the heat of passion.

I agree, he's a Wookiee and does not see things the way we see them in our galaxy. It still seems off to me.

I get it, I understand the emotion, but I also think about Luke refusing to kill his own father, no matter how evil Darth Vader is or what he has done.

Ben Solo is a messed up "EMO like" kid that deserves to be killed by Chewbacca. Too bad it didn't happen.

2 things off the top.

First, I'm not labeling this as a Spoiler. If you haven't seen The Force Awakens, shame on you.
Second, I'm assuming you know/understand the relationship between Han and Chewbacca.

So in EP7, Han Solo is killed by the evil Kylo Ren, stabbed through the heart and falls off a bridge into the abyss below.

Chewbacca, seeing his best friend killed, howls in anger and fires off a blaster bolt at Kylo Ren, hitting him in the side and wounding him.

Here's the really messed up part. Chewbacca didn't just shoot at Kylo Ren out of anger and loss, he was trying to straight up murder Ben Solo, his best friends son. He was also trying to kill Leia's son too.

Think about it. Chewy was probably there the day Ben was born. He watched him grow up from a baby to a toddler to a kid to a young adult, before he was sent to train with Luke. You've got to think Chewbacca had a pretty close relationship with Ben before everything went sideways with Snoke and the Knights of Ren.

Just before Kylo killed Han, Leia was saying there was still light in him and wanting Han to bring him home. What would have happened in Chewy had killed Kylo?

"Sorry Leia. Ben stabbed Han with a lightsaber so I murdered your son because my friendship with Han is stronger than my friendship with you".

That's pretty messed up.

To me it's messed up that Chewys bowcaster could send stormtroopers 10 feet back when they were hit yet Kylo did not move an inch.

I think that was kind of the point... show how much power he got hit with and kept moving, even beating on his wound.... He may not have been able to stop it mid air, but he took it like a champ.

I can't recall exactly the scene, but pretty sure how yowled a warning first and shot. plenty of time at least brace for it.

Ben Solo is a messed up "EMO like" kid that deserves to be killed by Chewbacca. Too bad it didn't happen.

Personally I hope he kills his mama, Finn ( which should be dead already from that hit), Rey, Chewie and uncle Luke. Sounds terrible, but would be sooooo freaking cool to end with the so called baddies on top in the end.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back