ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

They took my money on May, saying it was estimated for November and now I see a later one put in front of the earlier one! Nice one Anovos!!:angry:thumbsdown

Regards,

Alberto

This happens all the time...even moreso with fan-made costumes. That's why it's an estimate vs promised delivery date. The good news is that ANOVOS has a policy of offering refunds up until the order actually ships. I wouldn't mind the wait if it's a quality end product.

They're selling just the Vader helmet by itself. It was in the latest newsletter. I'm sooooo happy for this. Now if the just sell other parts of their various costumes, I'll hand them my money hand over fist.

This happens all the time...even moreso with fan-made costumes. That's why it's an estimate vs promised delivery date. The good news is that ANOVOS has a policy of offering refunds up until the order actually ships. I wouldn't mind the wait if it's a quality end product.

What actually bothers me is that they are going to ship Han's holster instead of the Bespin outfit! And they eventually postponed Bespin outfit which was the first item proposed!
It's not just a problem of turnaround! Speaking of turnaround though, they postponed from November 14 (which was a fair turnaround from May, six months) to April 2015 which makes it 11 months, maybe they have just one seamstress around!:rolleyes:facepalm
Regards,
Alberto

What actually bothers me is that they are going to ship Han's holster instead of the Bespin outfit! And they eventually postponed Bespin outfit which was the first item proposed!
It's not just a problem of turnaround! Speaking of turnaround though, they postponed from November 14 (which was a fair turnaround from May, six months) to April 2015 which makes it 11 months, maybe they have just one seamstress around!:rolleyes:facepalm
Regards,
Alberto

Although they don't have unlimited resources, they probably have different groups/teams/units/vendors/etc... working on items. The Solo holster may just be less problematic and that project is progressing at a higher rate. I believe it stated November a couple weeks ago, and now it is December so that too seems to have delays.

I am waiting on the Solo Holster. I may not like the delay but I understand it. And although I am confident in the product, I find it hard to invest in new items offered when I am still waiting on the other. I am glad they keep their website updated but it would also be nice if they utilized their Facebook page to update the status of ongoing projects.

The Bespin issue is pretty upsetting to me. I expected delays of a few months past November, but I'm getting married in May. Star Wars themed. My best man is wearing Bespin Luke-- or he was supposed to.

I'm pretty worried now.

I was looking at their vader helmet last night. Is there any backstory on this? Is it their own sculpt or did they utilize another source? I want to say it has that warped neck like the original ESB helmet has (seen with the don post) but something is "off" with the dome placement.

Maybe I'm out of practice with the vader nuances

I was looking at their vader helmet last night. Is there any backstory on this? Is it their own sculpt or did they utilize another source? I want to say it has that warped neck like the original ESB helmet has (seen with the don post) but something is "off" with the dome placement.

Maybe I'm out of practice with the vader nuances

I believe it is an original sculpt incorporating elements from different versions---not based off of a particular film, nor digitally-scanned from the Archives like some other items may be. Got Maul will probably chime in soon with all the details! :)

Hi All, I am back from the holidays and see I have a lot of questions to answer. I will reply to them individually and thanks for the patience.

- - - Updated - - -

We are working on the International deal as we speak. Don't worry...the International Page will get its own deals...North America can't have all the fun !!!

If you live in the US it might ;)

No worries there sir. We are working on the contracts now International sales and distribution! We plan on not only releasing these products but also doing International re-launches with the same tier systems as North America.

I live in Canda .. it sucks!!
I'm trying to find someone in the US to do the relay for me .. this shipping price madness has got to stop!

We can sell to Canada but shipping and customs has always been an issue for our friends across the border.

So, is this TIE Pilot costume the Premiere Line or Standard Line? I am confused, will there be a Premiere version of this, or is this it?

Again, lack of info. keeps me from buying.

Will just the soft parts be offered alone at a later date?

Our goal for every costume is to sell parts and pieces. Customization is one of the hearts of costuming. As for the Tie pilot, for now there is only one edition, since no wool or special materials would put this in another pricing category.

Got Maul....wow you guys are putting out some great stuff at reasonable prices.

Episode VII Trooper? Its ok just to post a full frontal shot of a prototype....go ahead, just use my name.

Oh that little thing. Yes we are hard at work with the new suit and have been for some time. Expect some updates soon .

Is that the same helmet that comes with the Vader standard?!? 300$!!! That's a steal!!
Nobody talks about nothing important anymore!!!

:D

Wait a sec there .. where did you get this link from? It's not in the email, or the web site ...

Oh, that link came from the newsletter. Remember, newsletter sign-ups get the special link with the lowest price before anyone ! Remember, $300 is lower tier pricing. The earlier you get to the link, the lower your price. Only 50 helmets were launched with that price and as of now, we are at Tier 3 !

Because it looks really soft and incorporates parts of a hard hat liner into the outside of the faceplate?

So, is this the same helmet offered with the standard/premium costume? That's what I need to know...

Yup, this is our costume version of the Vader helmet. We do not hail to perfection and leave that to our friends at EFX who create the Legendary lines. Instead our focus is the costume and the costumer, focusing on alignment, comfort and durability for prolonged use. This is the ESB inspired helmet. This is the same helmet shell used in both standard and premium. The premium though, will have a lot more bells and whistles internally.

They took my money on May, saying it was estimated for November and now I see a later one put in front of the earlier one! Nice one Anovos!!:angry:thumbsdown

Regards,

Alberto

Hi Alberto, my sincerest apologies on the delay. Admittedly though, this delay is a good one as it Lucas asked us to heavily reconsider the color of our prototype. We did and decided to move to a darker khaki which ended up having to re-make the base fabric. The overall color is much better and not nearly as, pristine or clean looking as our first prototype.

They're selling just the Vader helmet by itself. It was in the latest newsletter. I'm sooooo happy for this. Now if the just sell other parts of their various costumes, I'll hand them my money hand over fist.

Yup ! We will be piecing everything out from Wool cape/robe set to Chestboxes !

Regards,
Alberto

Alberto, I understand our frustration and holding onto your money for 11 months is clearly longer than average. We actually hope to come under this much sooner, but we added quite a bit of padding to delivery. With that said, we take our commitment to the customer steadfast, therefore, we honor any refund request with an immediate, no questions asked policy. On occasion, we will even send you off with a 10% coupon the next time you come purchase from us again, if we've earned the right to have you back as a customer.

Regarding timing, MJF is right on the head. The truth is, the Holsters manufacturer is here in the USA and our communication and workflow is a different than that of our overseas partners. As a result, some items come to market quicker than others.

Although they don't have unlimited resources, they probably have different groups/teams/units/vendors/etc... working on items. The Solo holster may just be less problematic and that project is progressing at a higher rate. I believe it stated November a couple weeks ago, and now it is December so that too seems to have delays.

I am waiting on the Solo Holster. I may not like the delay but I understand it. And although I am confident in the product, I find it hard to invest in new items offered when I am still waiting on the other. I am glad they keep their website updated but it would also be nice if they utilized their Facebook page to update the status of ongoing projects.

Thanks Frank !

The Bespin issue is pretty upsetting to me. I expected delays of a few months past November, but I'm getting married in May. Star Wars themed. My best man is wearing Bespin Luke-- or he was supposed to.

I'm pretty worried now.

We take special occasions pretty seriously. If you email me : joe@anovos.com, I can see what we can do to help your special day.

I believe it is an original sculpt incorporating elements from different versions---not based off of a particular film, nor digitally-scanned from the Archives like some other items may be. Got Maul will probably chime in soon with all the details! :)

In all honesty, I couldn't even tell you anymore what the base helmet was because of all the changes we made to it from the cheeks, to the building of the brow and even dome restructuring to accommodate internal rig and magnet. We also narrowed the neck flare. All together, while we didn't go so far as to make Vader's helmet symmetric, we definitely gave him the facelift to idealize and make into a functional ESB costume piece.

Hi All, I am back from the holidays and see I have a lot of questions to answer. I will reply to them individually and thanks for the patience.

- - - Updated - - -

We are working on the International deal as we speak. Don't worry...the International Page will get its own deals...North America can't have all the fun !!!

Curious about the history of the TIE Pilot sculpt as well.

Hi JKNO

The Tie Fighter sculpt you see there was in partnership with one of our primary prototypers and felow RPFer, MONCAL. He and his team did a great job with this initial prototype which we are using as base to launch our North American Tie Fighter. Early on, we discovered that Cal has a really good eye and sensibility for balancing accuracy and costuming, which is what Anovos is all about. That's why we teamed up with him on certain projects. We do intend on accurizing some points on it based on our later observations and scans a the archives, but as that happens, we will release more updates.

Hi Alberto, my sincerest apologies on the delay. Admittedly though, this delay is a good one as it Lucas asked us to heavily reconsider the color of our prototype. We did and decided to move to a darker khaki which ended up having to re-make the base fabric. The overall color is much better and not nearly as, pristine or clean looking as our first prototype.

Alberto, I understand our frustration and holding onto your money for 11 months is clearly longer than average. We actually hope to come under this much sooner, but we added quite a bit of padding to delivery. With that said, we take our commitment to the customer steadfast, therefore, we honor any refund request with an immediate, no questions asked policy. On occasion, we will even send you off with a 10% coupon the next time you come purchase from us again, if we've earned the right to have you back as a customer.

Regarding timing, MJF is right on the head. The truth is, the Holsters manufacturer is here in the USA and our communication and workflow is a different than that of our overseas partners. As a result, some items come to market quicker than others.

Ok this is what I call a nice after sale service! Thank You sir for Your clarifications, now that makes sense to me, otherwise would have seemed a really odd situation indeed!(y)thumbsup
Just one more question, by the time the outfit will be out will we see the Bespin holster too?? :cry:rolleyes
Whe had no word about that yet! The outfit without a holster is quite weird, isn't it??:facepalm
Thank You very much sir for your replies, no need to ask for a refund since I had a nice answer on this matter!:thumbsup

Regards,

Alberto

Thanks Alberto. I really appreciate your words.

The Luke blaster holster set is being done right now and we are hoping to have it for pre-sale up in January.

JC, I've got the han pieces and your Vader helm on pre-order. Can't wait to see them in person! You've come a long way since GB active projects... Too cool, and well-deserved!

Thanks Alberto. I really appreciate your words.

The Luke blaster holster set is being done right now and we are hoping to have it for pre-sale up in January.

Sweet can't wait to see it!! Hope won't be too expensive, we already saw ridicolously overpriced holsters around, I think that a reasonably priced one will definitely be a best seller!! And last but not least, I definitely need one in order to finish also my Hoth ESB Luke X-Wing Pilot costume!!:rolleyes:angel:D

Thank You mate, You're really welcome!:thumbsup

Regards,

Alberto

It will be much better priced than the Han Holster, but remember, with Han you were getting all three holster combinations for ANH, ESB and ROJ

The luke is much simpler and the pricing should reflect.

Hi JKNO

The Tie Fighter sculpt you see there was in partnership with one of our primary prototypers and felow RPFer, MONCAL. He and his team did a great job with this initial prototype which we are using as base to launch our North American Tie Fighter. Early on, we discovered that Cal has a really good eye and sensibility for balancing accuracy and costuming, which is what Anovos is all about. That's why we teamed up with him on certain projects. We do intend on accurizing some points on it based on our later observations and scans a the archives, but as that happens, we will release more updates.

MonCal is very talented, nice choice. I have a couple lids from Cal and they are great

No worries there sir. We are working on the contracts now International sales and distribution! We plan on not only releasing these products but also doing International re-launches with the same tier systems as North America.

Cannot wait! :) :thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

I applaud your efforts on helping us international people out. It's something really lacking with other companies. Awesome work. :)

Ben

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back